PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Hollowing tool query

andrewsd
15th February 2007, 11:36 PM
G'day. I recently bought an ultimate hollowing tool and am having a bit of trouble using it. I am new to hollowing and the instructions are "light", at best. If anyone can help me out with some queries, I'd be grateful. Firstly:

1. Which (the larger or the smaller) of the 2 cutters is for hollowing and which is for scraping?

2. For hollowing, what angle should the cutting disc be held at to the wood? I am destroying pieces, rather than hollowing them.

3. Should the cross brace, which screws to the main handle to form a control handle, be to the left or the right or the top or the bottom as the cutter enters the form? (I guess this is another way of asking question 2).

4. Should the scaper be held to the wood at the same angle as the cutter?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Andrew

WOODbTURNER
16th February 2007, 12:41 AM
G'day. I recently bought an ultimate hollowing tool and am having a bit of trouble using it. I am new to hollowing and the instructions are "light", at best. If anyone can help me out with some queries, I'd be grateful. Firstly:

1. Which (the larger or the smaller) of the 2 cutters is for hollowing and which is for scraping?

2. For hollowing, what angle should the cutting disc be held at to the wood? I am destroying pieces, rather than hollowing them.

3. Should the cross brace, which screws to the main handle to form a control handle, be to the left or the right or the top or the bottom as the cutter enters the form? (I guess this is another way of asking question 2).

4. Should the scaper be held to the wood at the same angle as the cutter?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Andrew

Andrew
Check out Enzo's site www.vermec.tripod.com (http://www.vermec.tripod.com) for manual info.
If you are having trouble give Enzo a ring as you will find him helpfull. It's a tool that only the manufacturer (Enzo) should safely advise you on it's proper use.
We bought ours after Enzo gave us a demo and let us use one before we bought them.
Cheers
Jeff

WillyInBris
16th February 2007, 01:56 AM
Hi WoodbTurner

That link dosnt seem to work??

Willy

andrewsd
16th February 2007, 02:04 AM
I can't get the link to work either Woodbturner. Do you have another URL for it?
Thanks
Andrew

andrewsd
16th February 2007, 02:09 AM
Found it, Woodbturner. Thanks - that will help. The URL is www.vermec.com