PDA

View Full Version : leady lathes

reddog
27th February 2007, 10:27 PM
has anybody had any thing to do with leadys and if so some feedback would be good I read somewhere only comes as 1hp is that so

Doughboy
27th February 2007, 10:41 PM
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kjeeves/leady/lathe/lathe.html

Have a lookee here, you should find all the info you need.

Pete

Rum Pig
28th February 2007, 01:54 PM
HI Reddog <o></o>
I have had a look and a play on a Leady lathe and I found it to be good enough that I'm going to buy one<o></o>:2tsup: . They are only 1HP but it did not feel it to be lacking in power. They are certainly built solid and the specs say that you can turn a bowl 700mm and that is as big as I will be turning for a long time.<o></o>
Hope this helps.:U <o></o>
<o></o>

Cheers Justin:drink2: <o></o>

trover
28th February 2007, 02:57 PM
reddog
Do a search on this forum on <leady> and you'll find some info, including the tale of my search for a lathe. I first saw a leady in use at the last wood show here in Brisbane.
I now have been using it for a few weeks and am quite enjoying using the lathe. It is a medium size lathe, and while you can get bigger units, this seems about right for me, and it is still my choice.

The more people you talk to, the more opinions you will get.
Bruce designed the leady lathe, but the casting and machining are no longer done in Aust. The final assembly is. All the same - a pleasure to use.

reddog
28th February 2007, 10:03 PM
thanks for the info guys the leadys do look prety solid its a toss up with the woodfast m 910.

sharks1965
8th June 2007, 12:29 PM
I have owned a Leady Lathe for about 8 years. I have also purchased many of the add-ons Bruce Leadbetter designed over the years. It is an extremely robust lathe and very versatile. I have nothing but praise for its construction quality.

rsser
8th June 2007, 12:54 PM
Hi Sharks,

Welcome aboard.

Post some pics. We're mostly illnoomerate here ;-}