PDA

View Full Version : reddog's shed and bit's

reddog
1st March 2007, 08:57 PM
just want to show a few pics of what i have been doing and my new shed i knocked up 8metersx4meters.Bit embarased about the lathe but that should all change in june things going well.You will notice my finishs are all ways diferent because i still havnt found what i like best but i am a big fan of the u-beut range of sellwax and cutting cream any how few photos

joe greiner
1st March 2007, 11:02 PM
No need to be embarassed about your lathe. There are a lot of folks doing spectacular work with old Crapsman tube lathes, Shopsmith, and such. My first "lathe" was a drill press.

Neat trick/puzzle with the captive rings. Just a different finish, I'd guess. Unless you reassembled the spindles.:wink:

Joe

BernieP
1st March 2007, 11:15 PM
G'Day RD

You have been busy, keep it up and the pics coming, by the way nice chisels

Cheers
Bernie

paul collins
1st March 2007, 11:57 PM
reddog no need at all to be embarresed,we all start somewhere.when i think back to my beginnings,my wife used to say " OH ANOTHER ROUND THING,HOW NICE".now she says oh can you make this for so & so.oh another round thing i say.we all progress in time,:D

WillyInBris
2nd March 2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Reddog,

What do they say its not the tools but the person behind them that counts, a lathe is a lathe its the creativity between the ears is what I think counts.
:rolleyes:

Willy

TTIT
2nd March 2007, 09:18 AM
.........Bit embarased about the lathe but that should all change in june things going well.....Nothing wrong with using an MC lathe - makes things just as round as any other lathe. Looks like you've been pretty busy on it - looks like a top set of chisels too - good stuff. :2tsup: