PDA

View Full Version : Lace Bobbins

deicide
25th March 2007, 09:57 AM
Hi all

I just started a new hobby, Lace Bobbin and I need to buy Wooden Bobbins I already have a few but I would appreciate:U it very much if there was someone out there who makes lace bobbins and contact me , that would be awesome.

Thank you so much
Cheers NELL :2tsup:

Daddles
25th March 2007, 11:07 AM
Nell, do you mean lace bobbins as is dress making lace and the wooden stuff it's rolled up on? Or am I missing something? This is the boat building forum. If you can explain exactly what it is you're after, I (being the local moderator) can shift this post to where it might be more appropriate ... assuming it's not about boats :D

Richard

deicide
25th March 2007, 06:32 PM
Hi Richard.

Oh oops sorry I really didnt want a boat:doh:, just some one who turns them bobbins or what ever its called.[woodturning]
Yes they [bobbins] are made out of WOOD, I forgot to type that. I have no idea where to place this or who to contact,so please feel free to move it..Boy do I feel silly:-

Thank you
Nell

Nell, do you mean lace bobbins as is dress making lace and the wooden stuff it's rolled up on? Or am I missing something? This is the boat building forum. If you can explain exactly what it is you're after, I (being the local moderator) can shift this post to where it might be more appropriate ... assuming it's not about boats :D

Richard

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th March 2007, 07:10 PM
I just started a new hobby, Lace Bobbin and I need to buy Bobbins I already have a few but I would appreciate:U it very much if there was someone out there who makes lace bobbins and contact me , that would be awesome.

PM sent. :)

Hambone
26th March 2007, 03:44 PM
Send me a PM I may be able to put you on the right track.
Hambone

WillyInBris
26th March 2007, 04:38 PM
Whats it look like, I have a number of long toothpics:D

deicide
26th March 2007, 08:47 PM
:no: no no not toothpicks :doh:*doh* BOBBINS !!

Whats it look like, I have a number of long toothpics:D

JackoH
27th March 2007, 09:23 AM
There are quite a few turners who make lace bobbins. Those that do tend to get besotted with it like some pen turners!
If you want to try, David Springetts book "Turning Lace Bobbins" is a good starting point.
Doesn't take much wood either!

lubbing5cherubs
27th March 2007, 09:44 AM
Jenny Brandis or Touchwood( I know it one of these but for some reason I think more Jenny) makes lace bobbins for her own lace making habit

Toni
PS this is a link of another turners website of bobbins she makes
http://www.lacebobbins.com/