PDA

View Full Version : A word of thanks.

docusk
25th March 2007, 11:53 AM
I've been a member of this 'gang of woodies' for a few months now and it's now required reading for me every Saturday night.
You have created one of the most helpful forums/fora?? which (No don't bother) I belong to. Thanks to you my new Record CL lathe is running smooth as silk with a few bags of sand on a shelf under the bench, I have bought and enjoyed Raffan's book, Same with the bandsaw book and video and stored up many, many tips from you all.
Just in case nobody elses says thanks for a laugh and a happy feeling just be fore bed, well this is me doing it.

docusk

Old Arn
25th March 2007, 11:56 AM
I totally agree with ya docusk ... Great forum :2tsup:

K_S
25th March 2007, 01:05 PM
Just keepin' up the downunder end. Couldn't agree more - great forum

KS

OGYT
25th March 2007, 03:00 PM
I also agree. Most fun, and informative place on the net.
:thewave: :fireworks:

tashammer
25th March 2007, 03:52 PM
that is because all of us help make it so. So good on US and thanks Neil for the site.

RETIRED
25th March 2007, 04:39 PM
that is because all of us help make it so. So good on US and thanks Neil for the site.True.

Flaco
25th March 2007, 05:12 PM
Totaly agree !!!
:2tsup:
Enjoying it and learning from it , all the way from the Holy land

Guy

joe greiner
25th March 2007, 10:33 PM
Best in the world? No contest; this is it. Thanks, Neil, mods, blokes, sheilas, and almost blokes & sheilas.

Joe

Wayne Blanch
26th March 2007, 06:32 PM
I have to agree with all that has been said.:2tsup:
I was unfortunate enough to have to go away for a while:C and I did miss my nightly edification, and giggle.

HoutBok
26th March 2007, 06:55 PM
This Forum with it's unique blend of wit and wisdom has helped me smile my way through heart surgery and hopefully now a sight diminishing stoke (if I can get the kids to stop blowing the 3 gig cap in the first week of the month).
It has also directed me towards really useful ways of diminishing the kids inheritance - the Nova 1624-44 arrived 2 days after the stroke so I still have to give it a spin.:D
Kids do have their uses tho' - they put it together for me.
I'll be out later today with the magnifying glass to check what they did before I spin her up.

Thanks again Niel - I don't think you could ever comprehend how much this forum means to so many of us all over the world.

baxter
27th March 2007, 06:17 PM
Docusk I have been keeping my eye out for your posts and I am glad that you have sorted things out with your lathe and enjoying your passion for woodwork.

Keep your health and post regularly.

Malibu
27th March 2007, 06:55 PM
Crikes... have a look at the list of locations! :2tsup:
... and I can't disagree with any of the comments!
A great forum, well run and well populated with people with an idea or two on everything :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th March 2007, 07:05 PM
I'm sure my neighbours would offer a hearty round of thanks as well. After all, if these fora didn't give me a place to hang-out when I'm idle, they'd be subject to the shrieks, howls & mysterious clangs from my shed at all odd times of day and night. :D

rsser
27th March 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm sure my neighbours would offer a hearty round of thanks as well. After all, if these fora didn't give me a place to hang-out when I'm idle, they'd be subject to the shrieks, howls & mysterious clangs from my shed at all odd times of day and night. :D
... and instead they get them from your computer room?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th March 2007, 07:39 PM
At least those ones aren't power-assisted. :D

docusk
27th March 2007, 08:10 PM
I have just browsed through the replies to my post.

Now, as they say in the best TV Dramas- "I rest my case m'lud"

docusk
:) :D :cool: :2tsup: :U

baxter
27th March 2007, 08:28 PM
Now, as they say in the best TV Dramas- "I rest my case m'lud"

docusk
:) :D :cool: :2tsup: :U

And I thought that it was only Rumpole who said that:? :D

Iain
27th March 2007, 08:53 PM
Crikes... have a look at the list of locations! :2tsup:

Even Queensland:rolleyes: :wink: :p :D

docusk
28th March 2007, 10:17 AM
Oh dear, Baxter. I should have written before.
Yes, the tips you all gave me worked well. The bench is 2" thick with 3 sets of 3 X 3 legs, rag bolted into the concrete floor (thank the lord for SDS drills!) and still just the slightest touch of vibration. So hung a strong shelf under the bench from directly below the left end of the motor housing to about 2 feet along the bed and filled it with several bags of
builders sand.
My son-in-law is a toolmaker and says they used to fill the bases of new lathes with about 3" of concrete to stiffen 'em up! That would do it you reckon?
As for Rumpole, the rump is what I need to get down by about 2 stone!

Really good now.

docusk

rat52
28th March 2007, 01:16 PM
As a newbe I also have to give thank to the patient people who replied to my questions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't force it, use a bigger hammer.