PDA

View Full Version : Conference material..

Iain
10th July 2003, 03:21 PM
Essential for seminars, sales conferences or any type of meeting when you would rather be somewhere else.

http://www.perkigoth.com/home/kermit/stuff/bullshitbingo/

John Saxton
10th July 2003, 08:04 PM
Might be an idea to promote and take the stiffness out of some of the meetings I've had to attend.
Be an idea to have just a coupla silent players who produce the goods at the end of the meeting .....that is they're lookin' to move on.

oges
11th July 2003, 07:44 AM
had a meeting at work once where they tried this, it wasnt the bullsh*t version though they had serious words that might have come up. Was some new concept that apparently came out of asia.....

Gino
16th July 2003, 06:38 PM
I've been to some meetings where I would inflict pain on one hand by using my nails from the other hand otherwise I'd fall asleep. Partically the sales meetings those guy can't seem to take their hand off it. Any case I'm the service person and find most of it irelevent to my job.
To get out of these meetings I would book a page with my pager company, so when my pager went off it would state that there was an emergency repair required.

Gino

adrian
23rd December 2003, 11:10 PM
I was at a meeting once and told a guy who had come from Melbourne that I had a few problems that needed to be sorted before I could install a software package on a large Telstra network. He corrected me by saying that "they are not problems , they are issues that need to be resolved." I replied.."that's what I said. I have problems that need sorting." He replied "Issues that need to be resolved!!!" This went to and fro a few more times, at which point I was very tempted to make his nose touch the back of his head. I'm thankful that the term 'going forward' wasn't in vogue at the time because he would have slipped a few of those in for sure.
I have since come to realise that these days when people in management won't recognise something as a problem, they don't have to deal with it. That's why problems became issues and ceased to be a problem.

vcohen
24th December 2003, 07:08 AM
Meetings???? Oh Yes I remember those......

Isn't that where you spend hours to take minutes????

Patronisingly spoken from retired bliss!!;)

Cheers

Iain
24th December 2003, 09:08 AM
My wife just bought me a book for my birthday titled 'Death Sentence' by Don Watson.
It is about the systematic destruction and vacuous degradation of the language by governments and corporations.
An example from his own cynical hand:
Hopefully we can have your commitment to a scenario in terms of the ute which will have you in place in it within a reasonable timeframe, Rover.
We say 'Get IN' and Rover gets in.
Good read.