PDA

View Full Version : How do you get kwila stain off your hands ?

JDarvall
29th March 2007, 10:15 PM
Just one more little question. Sorry.

:roll: Men don't normally care about that sort of thing eh. My current jobs pushing this malaysian rape and piliage stuff through machines all day, and I come home, and as much as I scrub, my hands look as though I've been under the car all day.

Misses doesn't like it. And its hard enough as it is to get friendly uno.

But worst of all. On the weekends at shops with the kids, the gossiping old ladies 'tut tut' at me when they see me pick up one of my kids with these black hands....... like I'm some sort of hillbilly. Hate that, cause I especially like to charm the old ladies. :roll:

So what removes this stain ?... nothing too toxic. Had enough of that.

Thanks.

Mirboo
29th March 2007, 10:42 PM
Have you got a lemon tree in your back yard?

I find lemon juice works. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze/rub the juice all over your hands then wash your hands normally with soap and water.

Dan
29th March 2007, 10:53 PM
Ever tried Protectolene? The traditional version with Lanolin is good for tannin stains you get from hardwood. There's a citrus heavy duty version (with grit) that might suit your situation better.

mic-d
30th March 2007, 06:43 AM
Yep, the lemon juice is excellent. I cut off a slice and rub it between my hands, decolourises the stain, especially when I've been using spotty.

Cheers
Michael

RufflyRustic
30th March 2007, 09:29 AM
I tend to scrub my hands with gritty soap, eg the scrubs that include those bits of apricot kernel or in the worst cases, use the good ole pumice stone. However,:- I wouldn't advise you doing that day after day Jake.

cheers
Wendy

MajorPanic
30th March 2007, 08:31 PM
Kwila, Blackwood, Black Wattle stains removed in about 30-60 seconds!!

Simple!!

On way back to house from shed - stop by the pool pump housing.
Dunk hands in 60ltr drum of chlorine, rub hands together vigorously until stain gone! Put up with chlorine smell for 12 hrs :wink: :U :U :U

JDarvall
31st March 2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Heard of lemon juice before. Should have remembered that one. Protectolene sounds worth a go too Dan. Lot of sylables though so it sounds expensive. Might stick to lemon juice.

:D Good idea Major .... but we don't have a pool. And I abuse my hands enough anyway. I worked at a dairy for a few years. Had them running through hot caustic and CB acid every shift. Had the cleanest hands then, but too full on really , those chemicals eh.

lubbing5cherubs
31st March 2007, 11:35 AM
mixture of lemon juice and sugar. this even gets superglue off fingers before a I do my bowen treatments. it cleans and softens them. can't say it feels nice. i don't know if it will work for your stain but it gets rid of most things. i use to work picking fruit during the week for my dad. did that saturday night for a date.. gets even the dirts out the pores.
hth
toni

martrix
31st March 2007, 11:54 AM
Ever tried Protectolene? The traditional version with Lanolin is good for tannin stains you get from hardwood. There's a citrus heavy duty version (with grit) that might suit your situation better.
Yep, what Dan said. You need one of the citrus hand cleaners that have a grit in them or a pumice. If you've never used one, you will be amazed at how well they work on grease, paint etc and they are gentle enough on your girly hands to use every day.:q :D

Any good tool shop or industrial supplies shop will have them. There are a few brands, the one I have at the moment is called "Yuk Off" citrus orange and is made by Loctite.

journeyman Mick
31st March 2007, 01:51 PM
mixture of lemon juice and sugar................

Not bad on pancakes either.:; :q :U

Mick

JDarvall
31st March 2007, 02:25 PM
Not bad on pancakes either.:; :q :U

Mick

:D wouldn't mind one of them right now actually. Ta. I'll cook some up for lunch.