PDA

View Full Version : Cream or Glow??

Bruce101
10th April 2007, 10:30 PM
I have been using (after EEE) Shellawax Cream for some time and am very satisfied with the result.

I notice quite a number use the Shellawax Glow. Should I change and invest in a bottle, or is the difference marginal, at best??

My pockets arn't deep enough to spend on un-necessary items.

Cheers.

Tornatus
10th April 2007, 10:50 PM
G'day Bruce

I use Glow rather than the cream, because I find it gives a deeper, richer, more lustrous finish, especially to darker woods - hence the name .... :roll:

Bruce101
10th April 2007, 11:40 PM
G'day Bruce

I use Glow rather than the cream, because I find it gives a deeper, richer, more lustrous finish, especially to darker woods - hence the name .... :roll:

Thanks for your thoughts Tornatus. As I have quite a lot of Red Gum which is a soft pink I find pretty uninteresting, perhaps some Glow may 'liven' it up a bit.

lubbing5cherubs
10th April 2007, 11:57 PM
Gidday Bruce, I am the opposite. I got shellawax cream and glow down there but personally I like the cream.
that my 2c
Toni

dai sensei
11th April 2007, 06:45 PM
I have, and use, both. Each has its place in different situations. Personally I think we should have one of each of Neil's products:yesmaster:, just for running the forum. I know I do

Do I get my free samples now?

robynmau
12th April 2007, 12:46 PM
Morning Bruce

My first two cents worth. :doh:

I have used the creme and traditional wax in the past but recently went to the glow. The fact that it mentions water proofing appealed to me first off. I've also started using the sanding sealer under it as the combination of these two is really nice, especially on the harder woods.

cheers

robynmau

Bruce101
17th April 2007, 01:27 PM
G'day all. It seems that there may be a value in both. That's fine and I will try the glow, but I have better things to spend cash on if the majority have a strong view in one direction only.

Ta all!!

Bruce

Cliff Rogers
17th April 2007, 01:34 PM
I think you have to try both for yourself.
I use the cream the most.
In my opinion, it is easiest to use as it has a longer working time.

They are different & the end result is different.