PDA

View Full Version : May pen swap

Simomatra
22nd April 2007, 06:18 PM
Time to start getting the swap together

If I can get all the starters for this months I will try to get them out by the start of May Theme Copper and Timber

Should have taken more to the show yesterday Soundman has his early

DJ’s Timber
22nd April 2007, 06:38 PM
G'day Sam

This is the current list from last months swap

Simomatra
Skew ChiDAMN!!
Touchwood
Lubbing5Cherubs
djstimber
stuart.
Fireman Sam
BernieP
Humber
Dai Sensei
Terry B
Rodent
Soundman

ps count me in for this month too and I will send you the list with everyone's address as well

Touchwood
22nd April 2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks Sam, looking forward to Copper and Wood :D

JD

Fireman sam
22nd April 2007, 09:23 PM
Iam in for may thanks :U :roll: :2tsup:
Andrew

lubbing5cherubs
22nd April 2007, 09:26 PM
:2tsup: :2tsup: sounds fabulous.:2tsup: :2tsup:
Toni

BernieP
22nd April 2007, 11:23 PM
G'Day Sam

I'm in thanks

Cheers
Bernie

rodent
23rd April 2007, 01:03 AM
yes me to im in the process of catch up ive got tomorrow to clean the shed up ,them im into it ive only got about 30 pens to do ( any body got a smiley face in a straight jacket ) as well as two cheese platters jess is doing one wooden cupboard for potatoes, onions ,and other veg .One wood box for jessie's wood collection .10 bases for gelliao ( water ) thermometors whatever 4 egg timers 2 walking sticks 1square bowl , 5 red gum balls 3 tool handles , grind up some minerals for inlays ,put one large back board on wall for clamps . new shelf for wood and sundares ,4 set's of earrings ,10 wooden eggs .If I think or remember any more ill add them to the list . That's this week.:doh:

dai sensei
23rd April 2007, 07:10 PM
Count me out please Sam.

I've been asked to consider making some pens for fairwell gifts at work (50min, 200max) and I'll be well and truely sick of pens for a while assuming I take it on. I also have some other turnings I need to get done, on top of other wood working projects (I must finish my TV unit, desk + ....)

I will however keep monitoring everyone else's pens though :U

Touchwood
24th April 2007, 12:23 AM
yes me to im in the process of catch up ive got tomorrow to clean the shed up ,them im into it ive only got about 30 pens to do ( any body got a smiley face in a straight jacket ) as well as two cheese platters jess is doing one wooden cupboard for potatoes, onions ,and other veg .One wood box for jessie's wood collection .10 bases for gelliao ( water ) thermometors whatever 4 egg timers 2 walking sticks 1square bowl , 5 red gum balls 3 tool handles , grind up some minerals for inlays ,put one large back board on wall for clamps . new shelf for wood and sundares ,4 set's of earrings ,10 wooden eggs .If I think or remember any more ill add them to the list . That's this week.:doh:

.... and a partridge in a pear tree ....

Trade you may week in the classroom with teenagers for your week in the shed!!! :wink:

JD

rodent
24th April 2007, 03:57 AM
finished (well all most ) the spud box sheds geting there .Hey touchwood you can have jess and her dad fred (he acts like a 4 year old ) oh and you can teach my sister to cook she only has 23 different recipie's to burn water . after that we can both commiserate together .And i picked up a copper header tank in the hard garbage that should be good for inlays ( yes skew ill bring some over later ).

Simomatra
24th April 2007, 07:59 AM
Any more takers out there so far some of you regulars have not answered.

Don't worry about the back log I think everyone has some

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th April 2007, 04:30 PM
Count me in, as usual. Should be interesting.

Terry B
24th April 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm in.
I haven't been around for a few days to read all this. Sorrt

Simomatra
30th April 2007, 11:36 AM
OK

I have requests from:
Skew
Touchwood
Lubbing5cherubs
Djstimber
Fireman Sam
BernieP
Terry B
Rodent
Soundman

Packs are on their way today enjoy

Any late comer?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th April 2007, 01:31 PM
I'm agog with anticipation. :wink: Better pull my finger out on this month's lot. (Again)

Fireman sam
2nd May 2007, 08:11 PM
The pen blanks arive today thanks Sam :2tsup:
Andrew

BernieP
2nd May 2007, 09:12 PM
G'Day Sam

Blanks arrived today, really nice surprise, just hope I can do them justice.

Cheers
Bernie

rodent
5th May 2007, 05:59 PM
Got mine time to play , now where is that lathe ???

DJ’s Timber
5th May 2007, 06:09 PM
Mine turned up to, will get to them soon hopefully

Touchwood
7th May 2007, 06:06 PM
I've put the bird seed out for the weary pigeon when it gets here....:wink:

JD

Terry B
7th May 2007, 10:31 PM
Arrived today.
Thanks

Touchwood
8th May 2007, 01:03 AM
Mine were waiting for me when I got home ... what is Koto? Thankyou so much for labelling each piece, I'm still learning, and bitw without bark/flowers/leaves are often hard to tell apart!

JD

P.S that is some serious copper too, the stuff I have been using is anorexic by comparison!:oo:

Simomatra
8th May 2007, 06:19 PM
Mine were waiting for me when I got home ... what is Koto? Thankyou so much for labelling each piece, I'm still learning, and bitw without bark/flowers/leaves are often hard to tell apart!

JD

P.S that is some serious copper too, the stuff I have been using is anorexic by comparison!:oo:

G'day JD heres some info for you

Koto

Product Type: Hardwood
Density: 650kg/m3 average but variable
Colour: Creamy White
Texture: Coarse
Durability: Perishable
Permeability: Permeable
Origin: West Africa
Species Name: Pterygota bequaertii & P.macrocarpa
Notes:
Also called Ware, Awari, Propose