PDA

View Full Version : A few pics

GeorgeK
8th May 2007, 02:55 PM
Ok I've been lurking for a long time and finally decided to post a few items.
I've been turning for a few years and really enjoy it. I'll just post a few items to look at for now and maybe later add more.

The first three are a 16" spalted maple platter, about 1/4" thick. The next one will have a bigger foot.
Next is a Oregon Myrtlewood goblet about 4.5" tall and 1.5" dia.
Last is a Horsechestnut burl natural edge bowl about 10" dia X 6" tall.

Comment are welcome both good and bad, I'm old so no one is going to hurt my feelings. :U

Gumby
8th May 2007, 03:09 PM
I'm old so no one is going to hurt my feelings. :U

Don't underestimate us George :D

Very nice work BTW. I like the burl particularly.

Well done and welcome aboard. :wink:

rsser
8th May 2007, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard.

I like the spalted maple - a simple treatment allowing the figure to speak for itself ... OK, shout for itself ;-} . The technical term for it is ' elegant' - don't know whether you have this phrase in your lexicon.

TTIT
8th May 2007, 05:40 PM
.............. The next one will have a bigger foot.
Word of warning George - we don't talk about big feet when Cliffs online! He's got a thing about 'em!
Beautiful pieces mate! :2tsup: - always room for another turner - welcome aboard:U

robynmau
8th May 2007, 06:22 PM
Hi GeorgeK

Welcome aboard, you've done beautiful work :U I'd love to see more examples !!~!!!

cheers

robynmau

Tankstand
8th May 2007, 06:22 PM
Welcome George,

Very nice work.

I visited your web page and was very impressed,

Like turning pens i see?

The octagonal turned bowl caught my eye.

BernieP
8th May 2007, 07:08 PM
G'Day George

Welcome aboard, enjoyed your site some nice work there.

Cheers
Bernie

joe greiner
8th May 2007, 11:08 PM
Welcome aboard, George. I agree about the platter's foot; looks somewhat tippy as is.

Nice website. So, you do a little bit of woodworking, eh? I don't think I've ever seen that many pens in one place.

Ever visit the torpedo museum at Keyport? Amazing clockwork that only works once and then kaboom. (I did some waterfront structural work there many, many years ago, and hit the museum at lunchtime.)

Joe

GeorgeK
9th May 2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I don't know if I'm allowed to do it but here are somemore pics that I posted on another forum I belong to.
As you can see I've been a member of Woodnet for 7 years and have just over 1300 posts. Not much to talk about I guess :rolleyes: .

Thanks again

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turning&Number=3050021&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post3051448

Caveman
11th May 2007, 06:03 PM
I too like the platter - nice and simple - shows off the wood real nice.
Real nice work on the other site too BTW.
Thanks for sharing.

fred.n
11th May 2007, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard George
nice work you posted here and some serious work on the other site
Thanks for sharing

Wayne Blanch
11th May 2007, 08:40 PM
Welcome George!

What everyone else said!:U

But seriously, Great stuff!:2tsup: