PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking in Perth

rip saw
8th May 2007, 11:47 PM
Hi Ladies,

My wife is looking for a place to do some woodworking classes in Perth that just has ladies in the class as she reckons she does not like know it all blokes. Does anyone know if there is such a place?

:wink:

Robynb
8th May 2007, 11:54 PM
I know just the thing. I did an 'introductory woodcraft for women' course at the Australian School of Fine Wood at Dwellingup. There was a five day residential, followed by about 8 weekends. It's pretty full on, but it was fantiastic. I understand they are looking for people to run a course mid-year. PM me and I'll send you the contact details and more info if this sounds like something she'd like.

rip saw
9th May 2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks Robyn some info would be great, especially in regards to costs?

RufflyRustic
9th May 2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Robyn,

Any chance of posting the info here as well? There may be others around who'd also be interested in this or in future workshops.

Thanks
Wendy

Sprog
11th May 2007, 08:36 PM
Hi Robyn,

Any chance of posting the info here as well? There may be others around who'd also be interested in this or in future workshops.

Thanks
Wendy

http://www.forestheritagecentre.com.au/CreativeWorkshops.aspx

kekemo
21st May 2007, 12:46 AM
Hi Rip Saw,Just enquiring about what type of furniture or woodworking your wife would like to attempt & if your ladyfair is experienced with any woodworking at all?Although I am a woodworker I have never attended any furniture classes, but I grew up in an engineering business, so have always been around machinery, although I did attend some turning classes....I have been woodworking for about 13 years now only in the last 6 have I really taken to it in a big way, as you get more competent & your tools cashe increases you seem to get more addicted........just thought that I would send you a link to my home web page........please look in the albums, click on PICTURES on the side bar menu it will take you to lots of my work........I have been interested in getting ladies groups started...........There is a group in Perth called WW4W (Women Working 4 Wood) something like that, I did join this group but as I lived in Mandurah it was too far to travel & not quite active as I have liked......but they at least know all the places that your lovely lady will be able to learn......My biggest support & most inspiration came from my late husband, I bless you for supporting your wife's interest....my late husband didn't do any woodwork at all when I first met him, but encouraged me to pursue my hobby.....which became our passion, we just love working together in our shed......looking forward to more contact with you & your wife, regards Kerry

kekemo
21st May 2007, 12:53 AM
http://groups.msn.com/WOODWORKCountryCottage
remember to go the the PICTURES on the side bar menu then view the albums KEKEMO.....there are family albums and woodworking ones, they are all clearly marked so your not wasting time looking for furniture ones, thanks again hope your wife contacts me. Best of luck, Kerry...alias KEKEMO

BANDIT
4th December 2009, 03:12 PM
Hi, just to let those ladies know that the HOMEWRIGHT TRAINING CENTRE in Myaree WA runs Woodwork courses for women from beginners to advanced. They also conduct courses in Home Maintenance and Woodcraft for Children as well as Wooden Boatbuilding.

Worth checking out....HOME WRIGHT TRAINING CENTRE (http://www.homewright.com.au)