PDA

View Full Version : Haysus made me do it .... another display

Sir Stinkalot
1st August 2003, 10:18 PM
Qoute: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?s=&postid=28289#post28289
"I thought that would get your attention!
It has been brought to my attention that the bods what hang out in the Triton forum are a bunch of argumentataive blighters.

Now it is my contention that the problem results from the revolting colour of the objects which you bunch of reprehensible perverts desire above all else. I believe that should the colour of the ghastly things be changed to a more psychologically calming pale blue, there will be much less chance that you bunch of plonkers ( I mean that in the nicest possible way) coming to flaming blows.
Now, being a Godlike figure in my own right, I don't know how to post a bloody poll so if some kind person could post a poll requesting people of a sensible nature to post what they believe might be an appropriate colour for peaceful, calm and thoughtful machinery, I would be (possibly) eternally grateful." Haysus

Ok .... It a friday night ... I have the footy on the telly ..... the White Stripes on the stereo ... and a few girlie drinks under my belt .... and then a light .... no it was more of a booming voice came raining down form above ... and Haysus said to me ..... he said "Stinky my son .... it has been some time since you have bothered Eastie with a silly irrelevant poll .... its time we stuck it up 'em tritoners and changed their colour scheme .... go forth and find a web site that has no fewer than 9 shades of psychologically calming pale blue ... provide a link to that site .. and create a poll for which is the prefered new colour for triton gear (excluding the respiratior as it looks striking with a formal black suit as you have already pointed out) .... and for the tenth option my son ... make this poll creditable by putting an irrelevant refernce to a cyclone of some description .... go forth and pollutate .... this is Haysus signing out."

So this is what I have come up with ......

Your Colour Choices (http://www.hypersolutions.org/pages/colorSel.html)

KevM
1st August 2003, 11:07 PM
Stinky,
.......but I prefer 0000FF but it's not an option.

Kev

Sir Stinkalot
1st August 2003, 11:17 PM
Ok ... to make it easier here you go .... the colours are displayed from 1-9 and only you know what colour wouldn't clash with your cyclone ....

Too bad Kev .... speak to a moderator :D

Bugger ... I missed one ... I will have to grab a pen and start again :)

Ok should be fixed now

journeyman Mick
1st August 2003, 11:36 PM
Sorry Stinky, I don't like any of the blues. I think you need to rework the poll so that we can choose any of the blues in the Pantone colour matching system, I'm sure there's only a hundred or so pastel blues.:)

Mick

Sir Stinkalot
1st August 2003, 11:41 PM
I can only post 10 options and one has to be cyclone related ... whats a boy to do??? :confused:

Driver
2nd August 2003, 11:59 AM
Stinky

I'm disappointed. This is the first of your polls that has not allowed me an option I can vote on. What I was looking for was: Something to match the shade of the micro-cyclone that I intend to build someday for mounting on my block plane.

Col

Iain
3rd August 2003, 10:14 AM
I think transparent would be an option, thus saving embarrassment on the part of the owners when allowing you to inspect their tools:D
(Would cause problems at Bunnies with shoplifters though!)

Wayne Davy
5th August 2003, 12:29 AM
How about a darker shade of their current colour i.e. Red - you know - Danger (just kidding!) :D

Dean
5th August 2003, 01:04 AM
Who is Trition?

JackoH
5th August 2003, 05:16 PM
Triton is a mythological sea god, son of Poseidon and Amphitrite, having the head and trunk of a man and the tail of a fish. (Bit like a Tritoneer, really)
Also various sea molluscs with a large spiral, often beautifully coloured.(So thats where they get that yucky orange/yellow from)
Source: Macquarie Dictionary. :D

DanP
5th August 2003, 08:55 PM
Not bad!!

But seriously now. You would have to coat it gold leaf to give it some value wouldn't you. :D :D :D

Dan

Neil
5th August 2003, 11:33 PM
Hehehehehehe..............