PDA

View Full Version : Jesada router bits

John Saxton
8th August 2003, 07:44 PM
I wondered if any of you folk out there have had any dealings with Jesada and their range of router bits etc?

www.jesada.com.au

They have a great range of bits etc, but are rather tardy in making a delivery.

I ordered 2 boxed sets of bits one a set of spiral down cutting bits and the other a set of bits for the Incra some months back.
I was told that they would probably take a month to land from the States but 4 months down the track and nothing not even a communication.
I have e-mailed the local bloke here in Oz and when I got no reply from him e-mailed the main outfit in Florida ...still ignored!
I have to question why one it takes so long and 2 why no response.
It's a pity because I like the look of their gear being affordable as well but I'm about to go elsewhere if this the kind if service I can expect from them!!!

Cheers:) woodshow here in Perth next week and that's where I'll spend my dosh.

Johnno
8th August 2003, 08:00 PM
G'day Johnno -
another Johnno here:

I've never had any problems dealing with Jesada - so far I've bought their 'Picture Framing Set', a rebate set and a height adjuster for my Hitachi M12. No problems in any dealings, and only politeness and co-operation through their website/emails.

Maybe things have changed - my last orders were about 18 months ago....

Whatever - I like their router bits!

TTFN

Johnno2

kenmil
8th August 2003, 08:43 PM
Johnno (1st),

Interesting that you say that. I ordered a couple of router bits on their internet site, and after two weeks, I followed up with an email, only to be told that they had no record of the order, so I placed it via email. It was then received promptly. That was about three months ago.

Several weeks ago, I placed another order via their internet site, and same result. When I contacted them by email, they said they had not checked their orders on the site. They would despatch immediately. This they did, but sent me the wrong bit. (I ordered by model number, and the bit I got is clearly labelled with the wrong number.)

I sent another email advising of the problem - no reply in 8 days.

In the interim, and fearing the worst, I placed an order for a router table insert. Guess what - No charge to my credit card and no goods after 6 days..:mad:

I conclude from this that although their products are excellent, they are completely incompetent.

Wood Borer
9th August 2003, 09:51 AM
They are probably whinging how tough it is to run a business in Australia. Sack some staff might fix their problem - the CEO.

Provide Service? What's that? - Not just something you put on your brochures - you actually in reality do it - difficult concept for some dumb people.

Thanks for the advice, another one struck off my list - Jesada.

Bad news deserves to be followed by good news.

I recently placed my name and address on the Robert Sorby website requesting a catalogue. That was on the Wednesday, the following Monday it was delivered in the post all the way from Sheffield in the UK. I bought a set of their chisels - not cheap but nice to use.

I will continue to purchase Robert Sorby chisels from their Australian distributor MIK in Adelaide. MIK also provide excellent service unlike one particular Melbourne business.

- Wood Borer

PS These chisels are the type you move to your work which is stationary - not the type where you hold the chisel and rotate the work!

Shane Watson
9th August 2003, 10:30 AM
Hmmm..interesting reading..

I havn't purchased from Jesada (well any router bits actually) for a couple of years now, but must say out of all the companies I dealt with in router bits Jesada were the best in every detail concerning order placment, dispatch, correzpondance, recieveing of goods timely etc etc....I too this day would still give them a 100% for service etc, but after reading all this makes me wonder if they are getting slack. they really did try hard there a couple years back to plant there feet in the Aussie market. Maybe they did and succeded and well fell flat afterwards thinking it would stay good??? Its a real shame, lets hope they pick up there game or we all might head back to Aussie goods like we should anyway! ;)

John Saxton
9th August 2003, 11:44 PM
I almost always buy oz gear where I can and in router bits I have quite a large selection in the Carbi Tool range,but I do like CMT and have a coupla cheap Taiwanese sets 1/4" .

They looked too good to be true and reasonably priced to pass up tho it ran in into some good money that they may well lose out on,so I remain surprised that they still retain an outlet here because I have'nt seen them sold commercially anywhere but on the web.

Cheers:)