PDA

View Full Version : Shed gridlock con't

cedar n silky
3rd June 2007, 08:06 PM
I didn't want to add any more to the MC 900 post but thought this topic might be worth persuing! I have attatched a photo of "true shed gridlock" for you comments.
SWMBO reckons it's all got to go, cause iv'e got toooo much Sh--t, but I like fishing, collecting wood and turning!
If I want to turn I have to roll the boat out onto the pavers, and push it back in afterwards. Then of course there is all the chunks of wood on the floor on shelves drying, the welder and metal working stuff, and my chippy tools, bandsaw, linisher and on and on it goes!
I have already "added on" bits to the shed!:- And I keep saying to SWMBO that I won't spend any more time collecting wood, and just turn what I've got! She keeps saying that "I never use the boat, so get rid of it"!!:B But she doesn't understand, When I am about to go fishing the weather often "ain't right" so I work in the shed instead!:U And it's great for the 3 year old grandson when I look after him! He sits in the boat for ages, and I can "fa-t" around in the shed unimpeeded!:;

Captain Chaos
3rd June 2007, 09:11 PM
G'day Cedar, What's the Bride on about, you've still got tons of room!:; I can still see the walls & floor of your "shed," all looking quite uncluttered really.:B
'Bout time you got serious & made a real mess out there, it'll give the girl something contemplate for the next year or so!:slap:
Best of luck with your decision, I'm sure it will be the right one at the last.
Regards,
Barry.

tashammer
4th June 2007, 01:10 PM
well yer could always sell that boat and make a nice wooden boat with lots of little finials on it. Maybe one of those that you pedal to get anywhere. If you have a home made wooden lathe too then once you have reached the right spot, drop anchor, toss a line in, disengage the pedal wheels from the screw, engage the pedal wheels to the lathe and turn a few pens whilst you are fishing. Hey?:D

rsser
4th June 2007, 06:16 PM
Looks like a proper shed should Cedar.

(hmm, reckon I could use an anvil too. Cheaper than replacing Chinese engineer's vices ;-} .)

Tornatus
5th June 2007, 01:17 AM
If I want to turn I have to roll the boat out onto the pavers, and push it back in afterwards. ... She keeps saying that "I never use the boat, so get rid of it"!!:B But she doesn't understand, When I am about to go fishing the weather often "ain't right" so I work in the shed instead!:U And it's great for the 3 year old grandson when I look after him! He sits in the boat for ages, and I can "fa-t" around in the shed unimpeeded!:;

Mate

Have you given any thought to putting the boat in a sling and hoisting it up under the roof - it would give you heaps more floor space and you wouldn't have to roll it in & out. I bet the grandson would love sitting up there looking down on Grandad, too - might have to leg-rope him, though, so he doesn't try to climb out when your back is turned .... :U

Sebastiaan56
5th June 2007, 07:10 AM
Cedar,

I dont get it, whats the problem? Shed could use a fridge of course.....

Sebastiaan

Touchwood
8th June 2007, 01:06 AM
Have you given any thought to putting the boat in a sling and hoisting it up under the roof

I'm with him, slinging from the roof is my next tactic - the canoe is there (lighter than a boat I know) and am contemplating a 'benchy type thing' than can be on the trailer as another work bench, or winched up when I need the trailer!

JD

docusk
11th June 2007, 10:23 AM
Oh boy. You lads certainly know how to occupy your time! Busy, busy, busy or what.
I too was amazed at how much space you actually have to spare. If I lived closer I could get my invalid scooter in there plus hang from the ceiling my planks (going to use them soon, honest) for the decking we planned and bought for 5 or 6 yrs back also a dolls pram I'm repairing for my oldest daughter (she's 54 now) as well as those odd bits of wood I'm sure I will use, thanks Benjy.
Sheds. who needs a new one?

docusk from a slightly warm UK - well, they call it a heat wave here but you would need to wrap up really warm.

STOP PRESS. Age changes upwards by 1 a week today. All welcome in my shed for camomile tea and Health food sandwiches. No charge.