PDA

View Full Version : Pen Blank Swaps

lubbing5cherubs
7th June 2007, 03:53 PM
Gidday,

I have started this thread so that we can keep track of those pen blank swaps. Just a quick line to let us know when you posted and received
Toni

NOw for my update:)

Soundman's are on the way to him

Mine from soundman has arrived and they are just gorgeous. Very nice indeed. I am thrilled to bits with them:D :2tsup:
Toni

Allan at Wallan
7th June 2007, 04:42 PM
Mine arrived from "Penpal" - Peter yesterday which I am
very happy with.

I could not wait to see how the Huon Pine Burl blank
would turn out. Attached piccy of four pens made this
morning includes the H.P.B. (first pen on left).

Thanks Toni and all concerned - great idea and good result.

I am not at all worried about dying
... but just hope I am not there at the time.:U

tashammer
7th June 2007, 05:19 PM
Allan at etc

Well, those turned out very nicely, including the huon which can be sometimes dead bland but you were lucky with that piece, hey?

Simomatra
7th June 2007, 05:28 PM
Yes mine have arrived today and they fabulous. Many thanks to JD

I will have to leave them till I get back

Wow! Alan you are fast very nice pens Looks like your setting the pace

DJ’s Timber
7th June 2007, 06:36 PM
Yes mine have arrived today and they fabulous. Many thanks to JD

I will have to leave them till I get back

Wow! Alan you are fast very nice pens Looks like your setting the pace

Who did you get yours from Sam :doh:, mispelling my name heh :o :doh::U , I got my mine yesterday with some extras as well, mucho thanks Sam.

Simomatra
7th June 2007, 06:53 PM
Who did you get yours from Sam :doh:, mispelling my name heh :o :doh::U , I got my mine yesterday with some extras as well, mucho thanks Sam.

Sorry DJ

I had not even had ny first then
Apopogies

DJ’s Timber
7th June 2007, 07:11 PM
She's sweet mate just giving you a bit of cheek :2tsup:

Touchwood
7th June 2007, 09:20 PM
Nothing wrong with JD Sam ... hear she's a really nice person :D :D :D

sorry DJ .. couldn't resist ...

Mobrien's are in the mail ... sent yesterday.

JD:U

Fireman sam
7th June 2007, 11:04 PM
I sent mine to scrollzilla today :2tsup:
Andrew

Froggie40
8th June 2007, 12:33 AM
I recieved mine from Schaf (Terry) today I am very pleased. The Pepperwood are my favourite.
I posted Terry's on Wednesday.

Froggie

cutterwoodjoe
8th June 2007, 09:40 AM
Brown Dogs are on their way But he is not there He e-mailed me and he was to be gone for this week, so I'll have to wait a little longer (anticipation):) ~ Joe Pozzi

schaf
8th June 2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks Froggie,
Mine arrived today.Very nice selection,thank you.

Terry

Froggie40
8th June 2007, 11:16 PM
No worries mate you are very welcome.

Froggie

Brown Dog
15th June 2007, 08:41 PM
Brown Dogs are on their way But he is not there He e-mailed me and he was to be gone for this week, so I'll have to wait a little longer (anticipation):) ~ Joe Pozzi

Hi Joe

Mine were waiting for me on my return home....very happy with the selection:2tsup: .... and the extras, thanks Joe :D .

Yours I posted of today...so all going well you should have them by late next week sometime...sorry again for the delay. I hope they will be worth the wait.

cheers
BD:2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
15th June 2007, 09:21 PM
so how we going? Everyone sent there gear? This has been such fun
Toni

PenTurner
16th June 2007, 08:28 PM
Bdar and Woodenink are nearly there with theirs, we will let you know when done, Amos:)

soundman
16th June 2007, 11:51 PM
I received mine quite some time ago:2tsup: now i just have to find time to catch up.

cheers

PenTurner
18th June 2007, 09:56 PM
Received my swap with BDAR, Enough to convert me to be a pen turner!!:2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup: :U , So many and so varied, my mouth is watering wanting to eat all at the one time. I've struck wood! thanks Darren.:) Amos

bdar
18th June 2007, 10:21 PM
Amos you are most welcome, sorry about the delay, kids can be expensive even the adopted ones:rolleyes: You are already a pen turner my friend, your work has proved it long before now. Now be a good fellow and put them down and stop stroking them and saying they're all mine:D

I have about 60 slimlines to make and the packs of exotics that Amos has sent me will go a long way to completeing them, that is if I stop procrastinating and finally start them. Thanks again Amos, for everything
Darren

cutterwoodjoe
23rd June 2007, 06:35 AM
I just got mine from Brown Dog. A great looking bunch of blanks Thanx BD. I can't wait to turn one in particular, and post it. I guess neither one of us can count :)

PenTurner
23rd June 2007, 11:45 AM
See my post on XCUT White American Oak, thanks Darren, Amos:)

Brown Dog
23rd June 2007, 12:15 PM
I just got mine from Brown Dog. A great looking bunch of blanks Thanx BD. I can't wait to turn one in particular, and post it. I guess neither one of us can count :)

hi Joe

Glad to hear they arrived safely:) always hold my breath a bit when sending stuff OS.

Which one in particular are you itching to turn....I cant even remember exactly what I sent you now:-. Looking forward to seeing your efforts

Im still trying to decide what to do with mine....I have one fountain pen kit left and I was saving it for something special/different.....now I cant decide what to use....I really like the Bocote, but I think the curly maple would also look really nice, but on the other hand I also really like the desert Ironwood :? :D .

cheers
BD:? :rolleyes:

Fireman sam
23rd June 2007, 08:01 PM
Hi All
just letting you know that scrollzilla and i have exchanged blanks and they look good
Andrew:2tsup: :) :U

bdar
23rd June 2007, 11:15 PM
BD you have top go with the Desert Ironwood, is the golden variety? It is a SWEET timber to turn and it will complement any kit.

Amos saw the post, mate you have already arrived as a pen turner, if you weren't you would not have done the wonderful job that you have done:2tsup:

Darren

Brown Dog
27th June 2007, 06:13 PM
BD you have top go with the Desert Ironwood, is the golden variety? It is a SWEET timber to turn and it will complement any kit.
Darren

OK Darren...DI it is for the fountain pen :; ...glued it up today, along with the Bocote and Curly maple in some Euro style kits. Should have some pics hopefully by tomorrow night.

cheers
BD:2tsup:

Touchwood
27th June 2007, 09:30 PM
My wood arrived today - thanks Mobrien!

JD