PDA

View Full Version : How can I get to use my Shed?

Murrindindi18
24th June 2007, 04:04 PM
:~ Hi Girls,
I have a great shed, Colorbond with concrete Floor,
LOts of Shelves, Cupboards, workbench etc.
I have Drills, Sanders, Table Saw and other equipment.
The only problem is that my husband hides everything away, so I cannot get to it, and keps the Key on his Keyring.
He says that I only have to ask and he will open the door for me.
What can I do?

lubbing5cherubs
24th June 2007, 04:28 PM
Ask for his key for the 10 minutes and going get a brother cut.
Toni

Big Shed
24th June 2007, 04:31 PM
Get another husband?:D

Gra
24th June 2007, 04:42 PM
Toni has the right idea, there...

By the way, where in Yea are you. I spent some time around there, when younger as I am distantly related to the Tull clan

Iain
24th June 2007, 04:56 PM
:~ Hi Girls,

A few seem to have missed this bit:D :D :D

bitingmidge
24th June 2007, 04:59 PM
Ask, girl, ASK!!!

OR take Sheddie's advice.

OR bring in the locksmith and change the lock. :D :D :D

Cheers,

P
:D

lubbing5cherubs
24th June 2007, 06:06 PM
I have a talk to him and tell him to share the key it useless on your keys when you are at work. Buy him a new keyring so it can be hung inside where both can access it. I know my gorgeous man he not being mean but sometime he forgets. Like at the moment we have a spare set for my car in his wallet.. Handy when he goes out to school and takes the keys with him:(( I got that key now hanging inside so I have a key at all times. but it getting cut to so we can have one each

OR start doing wood work in the house, go and buy new drill and saw really blow the budget out... i bet the key be handed over within a week..:D
Just thinking with you:2tsup:
Toni

kekemo
25th June 2007, 02:38 PM
BIG SHED.....yep get another husband....
can't have that....if you are a partnership...when you get married everything should be shared.....
except when you each buy your own tools, but then you should buy them at the same time....
OK, I have a sander I didn't mind if my hubby wanted to use it, but not when I need it....he had his own....I don't use it...cant stand the job it does....even now he's left to go to that woodshed in the sky....I still can't use his bloody sander...it's still shocking...but wished Ed would come back, I'd let him use my sander all day now! Besides the point...if he has everything under lock & key you need a duplicate set...otherwise that's just not a marriage....what's he worried about you using it or selling it....tell him to get a life...
Yes BIG SHED....your spot on....
I'd get another key cut to the front door after changing the lock.....LOL....or buy some bolt cutters...he might get the hint!
2nd post in 2 years.....are you having us on? If you've been here for two years & waiting to get into shed...you do need help!

manoftalent
25th June 2007, 02:48 PM
ok .....I know this is for "the girls"....shrugs ....I just could not resist .....and no before I start,I am not sexist ....there are two types of women in this world .....ones who could use her womanly charm to get a guy to do ANYTHING......and ones that can't .........so my advice is .....

git with the program girly .....you'll both be better off for it.

DavidG
25th June 2007, 02:57 PM
Simple.
Put a second lock on the shed to which you keep the keys.:C
You will open your lock if he asks......:doh:

Bet a sharing method soon appears.:U

RufflyRustic
25th June 2007, 03:43 PM
Hi Murrindindi18

He does WHAT??? :? and he's still all in one piece :?

I reckon you have the grace and patience of a Saint!!!:)

Perhaps you could put a lock on his favourite and most needed applicance or room in the house, i.e. kitchen fridge, beer fridge, throneroom, throneroom cupboard for the all important rolls of paper, etc) and hide the bolt cutters. You are 'only too happy' to open this appliance/room/cupboard (beer fridge, throneroom etc) when he wants it, he just has to ask .....:rolleyes: (and that doesn't mean get a beer out of the fridge for him and take it to him either):D

Cheers & I trust we will shortly hear of your success :U
Wendy

echnidna
25th June 2007, 04:32 PM
yep, just do a Wendy :)

She didn't even have a shed. :oo:

A good wobbly later :cool:

and voila

Wendy's shed :2tsup:

Black Ned
25th June 2007, 04:45 PM
Hey Gra!

Are you related to Jethro?

DJ’s Timber
25th June 2007, 06:51 PM
What about withholding privileges in the bedroom :sleez: :slap: :think:

kekemo
25th June 2007, 08:49 PM
would you call that a privilege for someone like that.....duty.....nightmare....oh you need a chastity belt...get it made so the key fit the other locks........lol

watson
25th June 2007, 09:19 PM
This is all a bit sad.......
Maybe print out this thread & leave it lying around. I like Wendy's ideas though!

oops! that's if the printer isn't locked up as well

s_m
25th June 2007, 10:25 PM
Is this for real!? :?

Ask him to get you a key cut when he's out one day or borrow his keys to get one cut yourself.

Or do what we do and keep the shed key in a basket on top of the fridge. Our shed (garage) has never had a car in it for as long as I've known my husband which is nearly all of the 10y he's owned this house - tho a friend did once rebuild a CV joint in it for us one day in the pouring rain.

Which reminds me I must get at least one extra key cut in case the existing one gets lost, misplaced or broken :(.

Steph

robynmau
26th June 2007, 10:02 AM
some people do get strange ideas:o

Have you tried the 'endlesssly asking' trick. Use the shed for 1/2 hour, close up for about half hour, go back and ask for the key to use the shed again for another 1/2 hour ...... Devote a whole weekend to the process.

At some point he's going to get frustrated and then you could suggest putting the key in a 'joint' use space, or getting another one cut:roll:

cheers

Robyn

RufflyRustic
26th June 2007, 10:42 AM
Now that's a great idea Robyn :)

cheers
Wendy

HandyAndrea
7th October 2008, 09:30 AM
I think I would have locked the kitchen ("You only have to ask for the key, dear" - said ever so sweetly).

Ashore
7th October 2008, 10:56 AM
Murrindindi18
Your problem seams to stem from your wanting to take away your husband's refuge his private place , the one area that he is in controle of , where he knows where everything is , to give you a key would be a code violation at the least ,
His fears , and rightly so , probley stem from the fact that if you had unlimited axcess you would touch his stuff or even use it , you may not replace it in the correct spot or use it for the wrong thing , curtains may appear ....or worse , :oo: god knows its hard enough to find a pencil at the best of times :doh:
You should look at this from ( and I know this is the hard bit ) a mans point of view, how would you feel if he rearainged you underwear drawer , re orginized the kitchen cupboards so they were in a logical order, chose the coluor scheme the next time you paint the lounge room , did the washing without seperating the colours from the blacks or the whites , used steel wool on the bench tops or sink to clean it , cooked tea without you and you end up with garlic chillie savaloys and chips , vacummed without moving the chairs picked his own clothes to wear to your nieces wedding and the list goes on , doing the things you should do would be as upsetting for you as giving you unfetted axcess to the last bastion of manhood THE SHED :cool:

The Bleeder
7th October 2008, 12:44 PM
Murrindindi18,

It quite obvious he enjoys your company, your affection, your cooking, your household and YOUR SHED.

Now you have some options. Ask for the key and share it. If that doesn't work

New lock on shed :B
New shed :B
New husband :doh:

Any combination of the above will work :U:U:U:U

I think he's being a male chauvinist p??.:o

After all it's your shed.

Steve

Andy Mac
7th October 2008, 01:09 PM
I'll do a trade, your hubby and my wife can hang out in the house, you and I will get some real shed time!:D

Cheers

AlexS
8th October 2008, 07:03 PM
....oh you need a chastity belt...get it made so the key fit the other locks........lol
:brava:brava:brava:brava:brava

pugwash
8th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Get another husband?:D

Do not do this. It's against the law!
Get a different husband.:U

tea lady
9th October 2008, 09:49 AM
Maybe she can't use the computer now either? She hasn't replied for agers.:hmm: Maybe he thought we were giving her to many ideas?:D

HandyAndrea
10th October 2008, 10:28 AM
you would touch his stuff or even use it , you may not replace it in the correct spot or use it for the wrong thing , curtains may appear......

The way round that is to get your OWN stuff. Curtains would make it hard for wannabe burglers to see inside the shed. And any guy who can't find his own pencil is a bit of a worry!

As for the rest..... who wants a helpless male around the place? Any guy who can cook and clean and choose tasteful clothes and colours is all right with me!!!!:D

ElizaLeahy
17th January 2009, 07:31 PM
I left my husband and got a wife!

:;

LogDog
18th January 2009, 07:32 PM
Thats O.K. but does she let you in the shed or are you back to square one.
Most animals respond from survival, acceptance and control.
In this case I suggest that you need fulltime access to the shed for survival reasons,
Everybody need accept this fact.
And now that you are wearing the pants, you have the control.:2tsup:

Claw Hama
18th January 2009, 08:59 PM
Put a lock on the fridge and tell him to come see you when he's hungry or after a beer!
Or tell him to keep the key you have given up woodwork and your taking up shopping instead.

HOOKED.UP
19th January 2009, 06:50 PM
I just wish my wife wanted to get into my workshops.

Then I would know she was a little bit intetrested in what I did.

Paul.

Slashbot_427
16th May 2009, 01:22 AM
Well

put a big-#### lock on his beer fridge...

And his car,,,

and

TV

etc.

EDIT:
("your" shed is a shared, plural, non gender, possesive pronoun)