PDA

View Full Version : Pen exchange question

billbeee
28th June 2007, 07:23 PM
Hi all,
I was just browsing your section, because the mention of pen swaps caught my eye.

I found a post where someone described how they work, I think.

I used to belong to a group, Print Australia, and they do print exchanges. (limited edition art prints, etchings,screenprints etc.).
They would announce an exchange (usually to a theme) say three months in advance and however many signed up, that's how many prints (plus a few extra) each person would make.
So if 25 signed up then each printmaker would make and send to the coordinator 25 prints, and in return he would get 25 different prints from all over the world.

Have you guys ever actually swapped finished pens? Do you think it would work, or do you not collect them for their own sake.

Cheers
Bill.

lubbing5cherubs
28th June 2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Bill, the pen swap is an ongoing thing. Each month some lucky person gets to choose the theme and he sents out enough wood to make a 2 pens. 1 pen for charity 1 pen for you to keep
HTH
Toni

bdar
28th June 2007, 09:44 PM
Toni I think Bill was looking at the way we do it at The Pen Shop and make a pen for your partner and in return someone makes you a pen and sends it to you. Instead of you making a pen to keep from the timber that is sent to you.
Darren

lubbing5cherubs
28th June 2007, 09:56 PM
ok Sorry Darren. I should not answered to tired to think.

Sorry Bill. but if you get this idea to float Bill. I am in for a swap with other turners as long as the end date is near the end of August for me or I am out
Toni

bdar
28th June 2007, 10:05 PM
Packing the house knocking you about mate? Remember take it easy, I know hard thing to do but take a few minutes for yourself
Darren

lubbing5cherubs
28th June 2007, 10:11 PM
could say that big time. Started on packing the lathe room. Geeze I am a gatherer. Do you guys realise how much gear we have in our sheds. Scary stuff. LOL
Toni

bdar
28th June 2007, 10:25 PM
Toni if I decided to cout the blanks I have cut it would be going over the 800 count at the moment and that is a conservative count. I have close to 2 1/2 tonne of cut Mango at my place and I have just said yes to another 1/4 tonne of spalted mango:oo: that is just one species. But I still keep on collecting it. :D