PDA

View Full Version : What's this bit that came with my jig?

felixe
3rd July 2007, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
Recently I purchased this Incra pro jig for my router table and it came with an extra bit I cannot seem to attach to anything. I have attached a picture, so does anyone know what it is and where it goes.:?

Thanks.

Felixe

Gumby
3rd July 2007, 02:57 PM
Is it the bit which slides into the track on the top of the fence. The zero point is the centre.

Although, having a second look, it doesn't have a centre zero. hmmmm, not sure now. :-

felixe
4th July 2007, 09:40 AM
I had considered that, but there are two x O's and they are 1 inch either side of the inside mark.
:?

Gumby
4th July 2007, 11:11 AM
Did you get a scale for the fence ? Mine has a centre zero. (Ultra Lite)

felixe
4th July 2007, 12:48 PM
yes I did, but it was faded as I bought the fence off graysonline when it was recently auctioned.
I have purchased the metric upgrade kit for me 1000se from Professional woodwork supplies.
I am going to use the imperial scale from the 1000se on the super jig/fence, as well as replace some of the broken blocks.

BTW it is an excellent fence I was committed to it after the 1000se which is brilliant.

Anyway I still don't know where the ruler should go:doh: :?

Bleedin Thumb
4th July 2007, 05:18 PM
Isn't that one of those cheap steak knives?

martink
5th July 2007, 12:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
Recently I purchased this Incra pro jig for my router table and it came with an extra bit I cannot seem to attach to anything. I have attached a picture, so does anyone know what it is and where it goes.:?

Thanks.

Felixe

Yep have one of those things, it goes on the fence running perpendicular to the table and is used for measuring offsets to the router bit - a bit like marking the fence with a pencil. It's handy to use to measure the offset but I still from a pencil line down the face of the fence with a square just as a double check so I have less chance of making firewood:U