PDA

View Full Version : Back up to mischief.....

kekemo
5th July 2007, 12:24 AM
Yes, Christmas in July came early this year.....lol....have the sander back.....absolutely fantastic.....wonderful....Eventually rang Festool in Melbourne.....they were extremely helpful....go straight to CanningVale....all Sandgropers know what I am talking about there! Specially if your sander is a FESTO....thanks guys.

Now you wont see me for dust, have two screens cut out & ready to glue....so as I am officially allowed back out the shed.....well only 1 week shy of the 6 not too back....I will be back out my sh...ED, this weekend.
And what a great surprise, have my granddaughter coming down.....so we start a new generation of Kelly Gang....working together having fun!
Shannon is only 11, but she absolutley loves the wookshop.....we will have lots of laughs & probably a few tears....think this one has walked the earth before, she is a guenuine gem! Well what else could you expect...a professional Nanny for a Nanna.....no wonder I love woodworking when I can enjoy teaching my grandchildren a passion for this so early in life.
Wet weekend coming in.....its wood wood wood....& more wood....
bye...back in the swing.....but still looking for someone to rock'n roll with....who likes woodwork....lol... catch you late...ladies...
bye for now, Kerry............alias KEKEMO

lubbing5cherubs
6th July 2007, 12:42 AM
Glad to here your shed time is nearly here. IT is cool when kids love to work longside us.
Good on ya
Toni

s_m
6th July 2007, 10:53 AM
Yay Kerry so glad to hear that you and shED have been reunited :D!

My daughter is 3 and yes I think she has been here before too. She loves to help me do whatever she can.

Last week I took her to the woodworking guild shed after preschool because I just dropped in to see their setup. Now she is asking if she can come to woodwork with me. Unfortunately with several lathes and other miscellaneous power tools on the go that's not an option :(.

How old do you think she'll need to be before she can start hammering and sawing softwood?

Steph

flynnsart
6th July 2007, 11:11 AM
Some blocks of wood of different sizes, some non toxic wood glue, some paint, some old clothes, newspaper on floor...never too young..as for nailing.. do they make safety glasses for 3 yr olds?

Good to see you back in your shed, take it easy for the first week or so.

Donna

Wild Dingo
6th July 2007, 02:52 PM
Great to hear Kerry!! :2tsup: So dont tell me your into that festo domino thing too are you?

I miss my shed... well its still out there... but what with the rain an havin to run an extention lead... yes I know I said she said I could have power out there but that was BEFORE the new house came on the scene NOW I have to wait till its up and finished... another sodding year!! :doh: but summer must come around soon and then tis sawdust time

Little ones are awesome in the shed eh? Ive now gone from having Aaron with me to having Joshy and now Im into the next generation with little Lukas... only had two of the daughters interested Tiff still occasionally comes out and wanders around but Jacinta has stopped altogether sadly so nowadays Im lucky if Josh comes out to help :doh: maybe its me???? :o

mmmm maybe its the lack of room out there? could be I guess mmm what to take out? canoe? mmm nah get some rope and string it up from the roof that would do that! :2tsup: gotta get some friggin wheels for the damned machines though that would help increadibly!... ooh right Im heading up to Perth tomorrow to pick young Aaron up from the trainstation... not far from Carbetex!!! mmm gotta give em a hoi and check they have what I want... what did I want? ooh right wheels an then theres that measurin thingy and then theres those handleless chisels for the lathe then theres the locktight wonder if they have that stuff? then of course theres the horrid little grommet things for the stupid thicknesser then theres... oooh buggar it I will just wait an see what I see when I get there!! :U

Anyway Kerry tis good to hear yer smiling again :;

s_m
6th July 2007, 05:48 PM
do they make safety glasses for 3 yr olds

Dunno but I just found an old pair of hubby's cycling glasses with yellow lenses.

So far apart from helping me carry wood from the car wearing her gardening gloves I have given her half a dozen offcuts of pine about 8-12" long and she used them to build a "deck" outside the garage.

I guess we could make her a toolbox together?

Steph

kekemo
7th July 2007, 12:00 PM
When the grandkids venture into shed area...we had to teach a few basic rules....mainly to satisfy the parents....& safety...
1...... if noisy don't enter....because we can't hear you....(protects their ears too)
2....... you come into shed....first you learn to use the broom...they love sweeping up sawdust.....yeh they love playing in it....they learn that smell of wood & soon they're hooked.....( now Mum(sibling parents) try & keep them away from out shed....no won't work)
3....we would brad a few little off cuts together & then get them to learn to remove brads.....That is really helpfull....they love thinking their are actually doing something special....lost count of how many toy wooden swords we've made...keep them occupied out the shed after they have lost the attention span.....
4.....when the swords & undoing wood pieces was worked out to be a ruse, then its time to take them serious.....now start them on the old sander...there now old enough to start to learn.....

Our/my grandies started in shed about 6 years now at 11 can't stop them...
& don't want to!
Weather is nice might have to go out somewhere first....if I start down there will not want to leave....& sometimes you just have to consider their needs as grandchildren first.....
regards to all, Kerry..alias KEKEMO