PDA

View Full Version : Silverchair

bansheez71
9th July 2007, 06:11 PM
Just wondering how many people listen to Silverchair and what everyone thinks of their new music vs. the old stuff. I prefer their old stuff. Probably because one of my favorite songs is Israel's Son.

ss_11000
9th July 2007, 06:17 PM
IMO, their older stuff is better.

tommorrow and anthem for the year 2000 are my faves from them.

martrix
9th July 2007, 07:12 PM
Yep, loved them from the beginning and used to love playing their songs in our band because they were so easy to learn and they rock:yourock: . Always the way though, simplest is always the best.

Have to say I was thinking :o when I heard there new song and thought they had definitely lost it. But after a few listenings, the new style has seriously grown on me. You can still hear the core of the 'Chair in their music, they are just maturing like a good wine.:rolleyes:

Go see them live and they will still smash out "Tomorrow" like they are 15.:D

Sir Stinkalot
9th July 2007, 10:14 PM
Not a big fan myself but it is good to see a band willing to change with the time ..... the release of "Tomorrow" today (if you get my drift) wouldn't be as powerful as it was in the mid 90's.

patty
9th July 2007, 11:19 PM
I use to catch em at the local pub When they were called the innocent criminals! "Pure Massacre" I also watched them and Powderfinger when both supported Pantera I think that was 94?

Mick C.
9th July 2007, 11:30 PM
Patty, you rock!!! awsome to have seen all of those live :D

As far as the sliverchair go, only two worth having, "Tomorrow" single, and "Frogstomp" I think i much prefer the raw sound to the later...

Is matureing really matureing, or is it selling out??? And why do so many bands only ever manage one or two good ablms...

Lignum
10th July 2007, 01:35 AM
Daniel Johns on JJJ breakfast show this morning "It was me and Natalie and Peter Garrett and Bono, lying on Bono's bed smoking joints, listening to the Young Modern demos." :D

Of course he later retracted it saying it never happend:rolleyes:

Harry72
10th July 2007, 03:28 AM
I like the older stuff the new doesnt appeal to me all that much, fair enough to progress but to me they just sound like the disocatives(or what ever they're called).
Its a bit like the fingers new album, they have just gone too soft and predictable, it was a bit of a let down for me as the Finger are my fav... seen them live many times.
They once were a hard rock alt band now they're everyday radio music.(IMHO its still better than 90% of most radio type music tho)

Dunno might just be my music taste's changing, Im starting to like heavier stuff again(not deathmetal) and more roadhouse blue'sXreggage'ish like Ben Harper... even been known too whistle along to some SRV!
Instrumental guitar work is interesting me like Andy MCKee, found a good site for guitar music Candyrat Records (http://www.candyrat.com/) but havent ordered anything as of yet. Im thinking it would make good background music while woodworking.

meansy_wood
9th January 2008, 11:45 AM
OMG silverchair are great.. their old stuff and new stuff can not be compared.. totaly different styles. but in terms of musical genius, daniel johns is one of them for using this very avant garde style in popular music.. i love him for everything he has done and makes newy look so good.

Mr THX
13th June 2008, 01:58 PM
IMO, their older stuff is better.

tommorrow and anthem for the year 2000 are my faves from them.

i agree 100%!