PDA

View Full Version : dirt cheap mc1100

Slow6
5th August 2007, 05:30 PM
Gday folks:)

Dirt cheap buy it now price.. might suit someone on a budget.

no affiliation etc.

Doughboy
5th August 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes dirt cheap but also hard to find.

Especially without a link...

Slow6
5th August 2007, 05:37 PM
Yes dirt cheap but also hard to find.

Especially without a link...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WOOD-LATHE_W0QQitemZ160144564899QQihZ006QQcategoryZ84012QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
knew I was forgetting something.

weisyboy
5th August 2007, 06:48 PM
that guy is either a theif or dose the rounds at counsil rodeside picups.

dazzler
5th August 2007, 07:13 PM
was Working But Motor, Has A Cracked Mount

:d

Big Shed
5th August 2007, 07:27 PM
that guy is either a theif or dose the rounds at counsil rodeside picups.

I don't think you should throw those sorts of accusations around on a public forum:(

Would you like to be called a thief in public?

wands
5th August 2007, 07:54 PM
Well I grabbed it, not for the lathe but for a bed as I am in the middle of making a lathe myself, well and truly - 6 months into it, so far have a motor and now a bed with some bits and pieces.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Steve

Iain
5th August 2007, 08:06 PM
He did say it had a cracked mount, nothing dishonest about that, everybody should be happy.

Slow6
5th August 2007, 08:46 PM
Well I grabbed it, not for the lathe but for a bed as I am in the middle of making a lathe myself, well and truly - 6 months into it, so far have a motor and now a bed with some bits and pieces.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Steve

for what was it 60 bucks.. you wouldn't get a gmc clone for that. it looked like it had a chuck on it too.

good luck with the lathe, if the bed of the mc doesn't fit the bill for you I have the bed of a MSL-3815 that I have no use for. you'd be welcome to it.

BernieP
5th August 2007, 10:42 PM
G'Day Wands

Good move, can't see how you can go wrong at that price, chucks worth more than that.

Cheers
Bernie

hughie
6th August 2007, 08:01 AM
Very nice pick up! :2tsup:

Depending where and how its cracked it may well be capable of a welding repair. Bernie makes a good point about the chuck and you may be able to sell off any other parts you dont want to fund a few bits on the new lathe. :U
Throw away the stand its useless :~ way to flexible, or use it for something else.

robyn2839
13th August 2007, 10:21 PM
he dosen,t charge 4000 m3 for weeds the council cut down. bob

wands
19th August 2007, 11:42 AM
Finally got around to picking it up.

Couldn't be happier. :) Got more than my $60 worth.

Now to work out how to attach a new motor, raise the swing over the bed to around 600mm, increase the height of the tool rest, make a new steady-heavy stand and do all that in around 15 months (I am 9 months into my 2 year project of building a lathe and buying this has solved a heap of headaches)

Cheers, Steve

hughie
19th August 2007, 06:24 PM
Now to work out how to attach a new motor, raise the swing over the bed to around 600mm, increase the height of the tool rest, make a new steady-heavy stand and do all that in around 15 months (I am 9 months into my 2 year project of building a lathe and buying this has solved a heap of headaches)

Steve,

Should not be too much of a problem. If you have access to a tame engineer/machinist/welder even easier.

Look forward to the end result.