mick

Sebastiaan56
13th August 2007, 09:44 AM
G`day how do you post a pic.
mick

In additional options down the bottom of the page, use "manage attachments"

Harry72
13th August 2007, 09:47 AM
When you post in the message box, click the "go advanced" button this'll take you to the advanced page(no brainer that!),on this page the are some buttons about midway down the page that say "manage attachments" click this and direct it too the picture file on your computer and click upload.
It will display as a clickable thumbnail, its 5 pictures max per post, if you need more do a second posting.

Harry72
13th August 2007, 09:51 AM
Or you can upload your picture to a host like Photobucket and they will give you a link to copy and paste into your post, this will display the photo in full size.
try to keep your photo's no bigger than 50~60k and 800 pixels wide 600 high, otherwise dial up users will suffer long loading times.

DJ’s Timber
13th August 2007, 11:09 AM
G`day how do you post a pic.
mick

Have a read thru this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=36666)

Calm
13th August 2007, 11:35 AM
While we are on the question of how to - I will show my ignorance by asking how you get the "quote" from someone else in the white box/background

Thanks heaps

Gra
13th August 2007, 11:36 AM
While we are on the question of how to - I will show my ignorance by asking how you get the "quote" from someone else in the white box/background

Thanks heaps

Hit the Quote button in the bottom right of the post you wish to quote

Calm
13th August 2007, 11:43 AM
Hit the Quote button in the bottom right of the post you wish to quote

I will try that. I knew it would be simple
thanks again

Gra
13th August 2007, 11:50 AM
I will try that. I knew it would be simple
thanks again

Wee it worked, now for the multi quote....:o

mick61
13th August 2007, 12:41 PM
No joy yet:no:
I cant work out how to shrink photo. I have kodak easyshare.
I got to the stage of uploading pick but it is 300kb
I am no comp whiz
mick

bitingmidge
13th August 2007, 12:54 PM
Mick,

Have you read the notes on the link provided above?

One of the biggest problems is file size, make sure your pic is less than 100k.

Cheers,

P

BernieP
13th August 2007, 12:55 PM
G'Day Mick

Go to DJS message above and open thread (click on blue thread), under wood butcher there is another link which when opened tells you how to.

Cheers
Bernie

mick61
13th August 2007, 04:21 PM
:doh: G`day trying again. When i go to manage attachments If I left click it says a pop up then error on page .If I right click it only shows undo. I have shrunk the pic with IRFANVIEW. Thanks SKEW
mick:((

Harry72
13th August 2007, 07:23 PM
Wee it worked, now for the multi quote....:o

Oh thats easy!

Copy the text you want then use open bracket [ type in quote then = and then the name of the person then close bracket ], paste the text, then after the text [ backslash / then type quote, then close bracket ]

It'll end up like this[quote] the back slash is left out here otherwise you will not see it!

[QUOTE=Harry72]It'll end up like this

You can use these brackets for many things, like colour changes same thing, open bracket type color=red type close bracket, put in your text, then open bracket / color close bracket.

Groggy
13th August 2007, 07:29 PM
Oh thats easy! ...snip...That's funny Harry :D.

Anyone tried the multi-quote buttons?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th August 2007, 09:57 PM
Anyone tried the multi-quote buttons?

Yup. They work fine. What's the problem? :?

Just click on the multi-quote buttons to select all the posts you want to quote in your reply (the selected buttons are highlighted in red on my system) and then click "post reply" up the top as per usual.

Groggy
13th August 2007, 10:49 PM
Yup. They work fine. What's the problem? :?

Just click on the multi-quote buttons to select all the posts you want to quote in your reply (the selected buttons are highlighted in red on my system) and then click "post reply" up the top as per usual.I was referring to Gra's post (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showpost.php?p=565429&postcount=9)

mick61
14th August 2007, 01:11 AM
Dear CALM i am glad you got your quote stuff sorted out . Maybe we can go back to my question if thats ok.:doh:
If I click on manage attachments there is a error on page:no:

OR the pop up window is blocked. Maybe that is the problem.:C

I can shrink the photo`s no prob Thanks for the help so far.
mick

DJ’s Timber
14th August 2007, 02:30 AM

Sounds like you have pop ups blocked on your Windows Internet Explorer.

Up near the top, just under the address bar there should be a button the says "Pop-ups okay" or one with "a circle with a line thru it and a number with blocked"

If it's the one with "blocked", you need to click this so that it will change to "Pop-ups okay"

Calm
14th August 2007, 10:24 AM
Dear CALM i am glad you got your quote stuff sorted out . Maybe we can go back to my question if thats ok.:doh:
If I click on manage attachments there is a error on page:no:

I can shrink the photo`s no prob Thanks for the help so far.
mick

Sorry to sidetrack your thread . I know how frustrating it is when you try and it doesnt seem to work.

i have put photos on but i wouldnt dare try and tell someone how. i will leave that to Skew, Cliff, or Ern and others (the experts)

Cliock on tools at the top of the page and POP UP BLOCKER is there also

mick61
15th August 2007, 09:27 PM
Here we go again
mick
YAHOO IT WORKED the box is huon pine & african blackwood

Gra
15th August 2007, 09:40 PM
woo hoo you did it... Well done.. Oh and the turning was a sensation

RETIRED
15th August 2007, 10:50 PM
Here we go again
mick
YAHOO IT WORKED the box is huon pine & african blackwoodGood work on both counts Grasshopper.:D

Harry72
16th August 2007, 10:06 PM
That one interesting piece, how do you achieve the wavey rim?

mick61
17th August 2007, 09:47 AM
THANKS HARRY
I will do my best to describe how i did it. I start with 150/50 bowl blank I screw to a face plate true etc turn spigot make bottom roughly larger diameter screws in face plate I take any timber of the depth of outside dia i cut towards the centre so i end up with a wedge shape then I rechuck face of the blank then turn the bowl section.Trying to match bases shape while also making the internal spigot for the lid once sanded sealed etc.. I then turn around on a jam chuck remove spigot refine shape of bowl part then the fun begins. keeping the timber in the chuck I mark the shape of the edge with a pencil when happy with the wave mark with black texta.
Remove from lathe find a carving gouge and comfortable chair and just work to the line for an hour an night for about 2 weeks sand for a week finish turn lid. I hope this is clear enough it is a copy of Stephen Hughes Wave edge bowl in the Australian Wood Review I just turn a box instead of the bowl.
Mick:D

P.S. I have made two the first one out of BEEFWOOD(don`t do it to yourself Huon Pine is much much much easier)

Have fun

Harry72
17th August 2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks Mick, I thought it might involve lots of hand carving.