PDA

View Full Version : Draw pulls

wheelinround
12th September 2007, 08:57 PM
Arthritis and other things have been causing me some hassles of late trying to grab with finger tips and pull the weight of tool chest draws open

So a added a few finger pulls which I can use from any angle standing sitting above or below.

Made from 15x5 aluminium and bent to suit with enough room to get a finger behind
one rivert at the bottom while the top is held due to the shape against he underside of the normal finger pull ledge.

And a couple of normal handles to the larger draws.

dennford
13th September 2007, 10:32 AM
Had to do the same on a couple of my drawers. Though I find that some of my house door handles are a bigger problem - they are a turn knob and I occassionally lack the grip to turn them, so maybe I should change them to a handle type.

Denn

wheelinround
13th September 2007, 11:09 AM
Had to do the same on a couple of my drawers. Though I find that some of my house door handles are a bigger problem - they are a turn knob and I occassionally lack the grip to turn them, so maybe I should change them to a handle type.

Denn

Den if you own your own then why not a bit of none slip material glued to the knob

I do occassionaly have similar trouble with door handles haven't done this as we are renting

munruben
13th September 2007, 11:50 AM
So a added a few finger pulls which I can use from any angle standing sitting above or below. Made from 15x5 aluminium and bent to suit
Great idea. I think I might need to do something like that.:2tsup:

dennford
13th September 2007, 01:53 PM
Den if you own your own then why not a bit of none slip material glued to the knob

I do occassionaly have similar trouble with door handles haven't done this as we are renting

Good idea and I think it would help some, however in my case on top of the poor grip I had my wrist fused some years ago (old arther completely stuffed it) and now to turn it I have to do so from the upper arm.

Anyhow I will give your idea a go and slip a rubber sleeve over the handle and see how it goes.

Thanks
Denn

dennford
13th September 2007, 01:54 PM
probably try a piece of inner tube

wheelinround
13th September 2007, 06:07 PM
probably try a piece of inner tube

Den even better than that a balloon maybe youd have to cut it about half kids do this and it works

good luck Den:2tsup: