PDA

View Full Version : Unusual pets

DaveInOz
13th September 2007, 05:57 PM
So is it just my family that like strange pets?
We have the standard Cat, goldfish,and Canary (well the canary is history now)
But we also have - 5 green tree frogs, 1 diamond Python, 1 marble gecko, 1 axollotal (sp), 1 scorpian, and assorted crickets and flies raised for food.:o

Gra
13th September 2007, 06:02 PM
My daughter has adopted a quarter of a brick as her pet brick... Buggered if I know why

DaveInOz
13th September 2007, 06:05 PM
My daughter has adopted a quarter of a brick as her pet brick... Buggered if I know why

What, no photo?:;

Gra
13th September 2007, 06:09 PM
What, no photo?:;

Nah, but she wants me to build it a house:o

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th September 2007, 06:46 PM
Don't stress over it Gra... at least it doesn't eat much, won't need neutering and won't climb trees, chase cars, etc. Probably as thick as a brick, though.

It could be worse... my little 'un once adopted a snail. When she went to bed, big bad dad stepped on the bloody pest. Sadly, she remembered it the following day, so stupid bloody Mum told her "it's playing in the back yard." :(( For a whole fortnight, she went out every morning to bring "her" snail back inside to play. :rolleyes:

We ended up buying her a goldfish.

Bluegum
14th September 2007, 03:00 PM
[quote=Skew ChiDAMN!!;586230]Don't stress over it Gra... at least it doesn't eat much, won't need neutering and won't climb trees, chase cars, etc. Probably as thick as a brick, though.

Good point there skew, as well as that if you lock keys in the house you can use it to get back inside, via the closest window. (Don't think the RSPCA would approve to highly of using the family hound for the same purpose though)

LGS
14th September 2007, 08:02 PM
Does it have a frog?:D

Gra
14th September 2007, 08:48 PM
Don't stress over it Gra....

Its existance isnt the issue. The issue is she want be to build it an effing two story house:C. Mr brick may have to get lost in the garden at some point:U:U

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th September 2007, 09:52 PM
I see... I'm guessing that she really wants a dollhouse but you've been ignoring the hints? :D

How quickly they learn. [sigh]

DaveInOz
14th September 2007, 11:33 PM
Careful - pet halfbricks can be very protective .... especialy in the end of a fast spinning sock:o

Ashore
15th September 2007, 01:44 AM
we have a blue tonge he/she shows up for 3-4 months each year eats all the snails cockaroches and spiders then moves on has been doing it for the last 4 years have built it a small open rockery in the front yard which it likes and the grandkids love it btw his/her name is bluie

Harry72
15th September 2007, 02:05 PM
Well we got a mouse his name is Houdini... we cant catch the little bugger!
Not found a trap yet that he cant foil... tried the old bucket trick he wont go near it no matter what bait we use:upset:

Buzza
18th September 2007, 11:59 PM
Sadly, there is no such thing a A mouse.
They come in mobs.
Put some mouse poison in the evaporater trasy that sits on top of your fridge motor. The little bugga's use that water to quench their thirst.
The trouble with poison is that they die in the house . . . somewhere.
Just keep following your nose. :-

Gra
19th September 2007, 12:50 AM
Well we got a mouse his name is Houdini... we cant catch the little bugger!
Not found a trap yet that he cant foil... tried the old bucket trick he wont go near it no matter what bait we use:upset:

Can lend you my daughters brick :D:D

NCArcher
19th September 2007, 01:18 PM
A few years ago, while living on a few acres, I had a pet goat. Best pet i ever had. My girlfriend had a young clydesdale cross, we were breaking in ouselves, and a long haired cat.
I also had a baby magpie that was brought into the vet centre and i hand reared it.
Now we used to lead the young horse along the road to get him used to cars and bikes and such. Naturally the goat wanted to come along. He didn't want to miss out on anything. The cat also followed along because it wanted to keep an eye on the magpie who alternated between perching on the hoses withers and the goats horns.
We must have looked quite a sight walking up and down the road.
The rest of the menagerie that didn't get to go for a walk were two more horses, two other cats and about twelve blue tongues. We picked up a pregnant blue tongue that had been hit by a car. The minute we got it home it gave birth to twelve babies and died. As far as i know all twelve are still keeping the property clear of snails and red backs.