PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane OT

stevepaint
3rd October 2003, 11:09 PM
Are there any members located in the Brisbane area?
My main interests are decorating parts for clocks mainly in metal, glass and soft stone etc.

Regards

Steve

Shane Watson
4th October 2003, 09:02 AM
Steve there are many members located in or around Brisbane. Myself being one of them. We are all fairly different in what we do & our professions. While I am a qualified french polisher with several professional awards under my belt (modest arn't i! ;) ) I am currently working for a national company managing there new store fitouts.

Ivan in Oz
4th October 2003, 11:52 AM
> Are there any members located in the Brisbane area?

G'Day Steve,

I'm kinda in the Brisvagas area.
Millmerran, on the Downs, Darling.

Lost a sheet of Corro Iron off the Extension Wednesday night .....
Did a lot of screwing Thursday:)
On the roof, that is.

It'll be a [my] hobby room when finished.

....Yes Dearest,
Our Hobby room, my Darling.....

Ouch, no need for that!!

Ivan

stevepaint
4th October 2003, 03:55 PM
Hi Shane & Ivan

Thanks for the swift response.

Firstly its flattering to see that I am a junior member at 53, as most places I work at now I am one of the old farts, or if not, "The" old fart!! :>)

As you may have guessed I am a swarfmaker and not of the woodspoiler fraternity but I do a bit with timber, 4" nail stuff and a bit of finer stuff when time allows, which is not very often. Similar problems to Ivan too much home maintenance and too little time.

I would be interested in making contact with a group if one exists in the SEQ or are things mainly phone and email? I belong to a clock group which meets each month but members have small groups that meet outside of normal meeting for interest groups etc.

http://au.geocities.com/melchesterengineering/html/intro.htm

http://au.geocities.com/stevepaint/skclocktext1.htm

The above are 2 pages which will give you an idea of what I get up to and the assistance I can offer to those who have good wood skills but limited engineering skills.

Would be interested to see what you fellows get up to.

All for now

Regards

Steve

reeves
25th November 2004, 03:50 PM
up in the hills outsode Toowommba

Termite
25th November 2004, 03:54 PM
Firstly its flattering to see that I am a junior member at 53, as most places I work at now I am one of the old farts, or if not, "The" old fart!! :>)
Ha! 53, a mere whipersnapper, whatever the hell that is. :D

Craig Gordon
26th November 2004, 03:18 PM
Steve,

I noticed on the way to work this morning that there will be a Wood Turning display at the Mt Cootha Bontanical Gardens this weekend. It may pay to check out the club and make a few contacts.

Cheers,
Craig Gordon