PDA

View Full Version : A question from a bloke.

Howdya do that
15th October 2007, 03:21 PM
Two actually

Do you share your shed with a male partner?

If you answered no what would you say if he wanted to?

RufflyRustic
15th October 2007, 04:44 PM
Two actually

Do you share your shed with a male partner?

If you answered no what would you say if he wanted to?

At this point in time, No to the first question and NO!!!!! Go use your own shed!!!!!!!!!! to the second:D

Why do you want to know?

cheers
Wendy

echnidna
15th October 2007, 05:30 PM
So Wendy you obviously think that men & women should have their own separate sheds.

Howdya do that
15th October 2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Wendy,

She's been watching better homes and gardens:doh:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th October 2007, 06:09 PM
So Wendy you obviously think that men & women should have their own separate sheds.

What's it got to do with the men/women thing? If anyone happens to think they can simply move into my shed just 'cos they live on the same block, my answers would be exactly the same as Wendy's.

Well... not quite. It'd be more like "Buggroff! Getcha own shed!" :~

flynnsart
15th October 2007, 10:22 PM
Yes I do share a shed with my hubby.

But when I am doing a project in there, and I want to get it finished, he tries very hard to stay out of there!

It works the other way round too.

Would love one of my own, but it would have to have an ajoining room between our workshops with the bigger tools in it that we couldnt afford to duplicate. Ahhhhh all my own tools.......:rolleyes:my own space:rolleyes:hmmmm

Donna

munruben
15th October 2007, 10:44 PM
I must admit I would like a shed all to myself.:)

s_m
15th October 2007, 10:59 PM
Yes though reluctantly at times.

Would be happy to have the company occasionally if he could just bite his tongue with the goddamned instructions on how to do *my* project (no matter what it is woodwork or not) :D!

Mostly though I like having the meditative time to myself with just working noises for company - perhaps because I share 90% of my daytime waking hours with a 3.5yo whose favourite words are "but WHY Mummy???" :p.

Steph

spring
16th October 2007, 11:07 AM
My husband has given me a space to scroll in HIS shed :U:U

spring

Wild Dingo
16th October 2007, 02:20 PM
Me bein the gennalsman that I am I OFFERED space in my shed to her highness... "yes darls no wukkers you can use a corner of my shed for your quilting"... "ooh thank you sweetheart thats nice of you can you make a work area for me too?" "No worries darls"... so I did made her a lovely workarea bench cupboards you know all good stuff even had a whirl at making her one of those quilt hanger thingys and set it up too!!... she comes out to the shed on "showoff day"... "Oh thats wonderful thank you darling" "no worries love" says I with a huge grin counting the good brownie points Im collecting... "mmm can you make a wall between your stuff and mine?" "eh? why? I thought we could work together and that way spend more time together you know be good eh?" "well... yes but I just think you might make too much dust for my quilting so maybe a wall... and you better put in some sort of fan to take away the dust and some insultation cause it gets a bit cold hey! how about a heater? that would be nice oh and I need light so we better get some windows in I can make the curtains from grandmas old lace curtains cant I... ooh this is going to be so much fun" hugs and runs to the house

Soooo I sobbed into me beer and got stuck in... yep built her a wall even whacked a door in then got some of that clear sheeting for her side of the shed but couldnt bring myself to cut a window hole... I dont like glass in the shed tends to break so I was thinking and plotting a couple of old shearing shed style cuts out for it... she waltzes back in with her wang dang snazzy EXPENSIVE sewing machine (this thing cost more than my T/S B/S Th Jointer AND ROUTER all together! expensive bloody hobby sewing :roll: ) she puts that nicely on the work bench Id made her then tottles back to the house... for the next 4 hours for the next 2 days shes doing these trips back and forth back and forth all the while smiling as happy as larry

Finally she stops and says "Well? are you going to make the windows?" I look at her then her now packed with sewing paraphanalia and materials and look back at her "mmm you do know that thats all gonna get covered in dust if I do right?" "no it wont! You will work clean mister!" "mmmm no I wont... not a matter if I want to or not darls the timber will just make dust thats all its like that" "Well it can just jolly well stop being like that!!" "cant help it sweets its what happens when I get to making sawdust and stuff" "Well..." she ponders for a bit "What about you get into welding eh? You have a bloody welder use that!" "well welders work with metal sweets I work with wood" "then why buy a welder?" "cause welders are needed from time to time you know like when I needed to fix the trailer? that sorta thing" "Well cant you work with the welder to do this?" "well I could but..." "But what?" "Well it would no doubt leave splatters of HOT metal over everything and your material would be ruined pretty quick I reckon" "WHAT!!!???" "yep look I can cut that window out above the workstation no worries with the grinder no problem but the splatters would fall onto the material... and I guess I could make your shelving with metal but since Im now tightly squished into two bays Id have to make it here on the workbench top and well that would mean you sewing machine would get a few splatters but I can try to do it clean... dont hold much hope but I'll give it a whirl for you" :2tsup:

She takes a look at me then at the shed "WELL... BUGGAR YOUR SHED!! Im moving it into the dining room!!" "well go ahead sweets I dont mind eating on the couch be good actually cause I can watch the news in comfort yeah good idea honey go for it!" "I WILL!!" "yep you go right ahead you want a hand movin all this stuff?"

So unlike others who have to tell others to "buggar off" She told me to "buggar your shed" aaaah a blokes gotta love that!! :2tsup: :U

Ernie47
16th October 2007, 03:55 PM
Don'tcha just luv Wild D's thought process?
Wotaway to keepyer shed!!
Me? I can't spray the redbacks, I don't want to hurt the gecko's!

Ernie.

Wild Dingo
17th October 2007, 01:43 AM
Don'tcha just luv Wild D's thought process?
Wotaway to keepyer shed!!
Me? I can't spray the redbacks, I don't want to hurt the gecko's!

Ernie.

aaahh redbacks eh? :; and keepin the ol gecko population up an runnin :2tsup: fine things to do mate!!... after that wonderous excersize in stupidity by her bloody highness ala the legendary possumpoop ala the other half... I found myself doing a bit of lathe work... as in standing at the lathe with a chisel in hand LOOKING at the hunk of timber sitting there between centres glaring at me... and I was about to set the chisel to the stand thing and gerrinnait... when theres a sudden rushing sound right next to me foots... the lathe has been set so the motor end is where her highnesses sewing machine would have been right next to the center doorway (three bay shed)

Anyway I think "geeez flamin heck thats some sorta bungarra down there" and looking down saw this streak of deep green slither rapidly across the floor... large buggar of a thing about 5 or 6ft long and a good 4 or so inches in girth... bloody big joeblake!! no worries away you go ol son I think and step back as he went by at an increasing rate of knots toward the back roller door and the near side of the seatainer... no worries must be after a mouse or such I thought and started turning my processes back to the lathe when whooooooooosh and looking down theres another one!! not quite as big but none the less that made 2 joe blakes in a matter of seconds!! not good eh :no:

So I figure they'll head out an make their residence under the seatainer where the wee feild micies live... but no I come out the next am and go to reach up on the half shelf Ive made for timber storage for a peice of Oregon up there and buggar me!! theres these two snake heads pearin down at me lithe tongues goin a mile a minute cold black eyes glaring down at me... right above where her highness had placed her bookcase cupboard containing some of her material...

They just looked down and laid there eyeballing me!!

IN ME OWN SHED!!!...

I got cranky and started swatting at the blighters with the shed broom... but they just slithered a bit further back among the bits and peices Id thrown up there... they were NOT about to give up their new digs for some silly little tubby curley haird human bean!!

So what did I do? I called her highness... "OY!! Poss!! Come ere love and get a gander at this!!" and so she waltzes out "You know you had yer sewing machine there right? an your cupboard right there right?" "yeah so you can have it I dont care" "yeah but think about it sweets if you had have stayed and shared me shed imagine the fun we could have had with them buggars" and I pointed up to where the two green heads were glaring down then along the length of timber following the line of the body... then I looked at her "you right love theyre only a couple of joe..."

"aaaaaaaaahhhhhh bloody snakes! kill the bastards kill them QUICK!!!" "oh come on hun theyre only..." YOU KILL THEM MISTER OR I WILL NEVER EVER STEP FOOT IN YER SHED AGAIN!! YOU HEAR ME?" and whoooooooooooosh she was gone in a flurry of blonde tresses...

Now I took me time and cogitated the situashun... had a fag while talking it through with Joe an his missus... then I decided they were a nice pair of snakes and would by my reckoning keep the mice situation under control and probably some of the other critters that had started to make their home in and around me shed... and they were sorta smiling down at me all lovey dovey... so...

I still gets me shed!!... and by the way... her highness has done as she said... she has not stepped one toe inside the shed since!!! ITS MINE I TELLS YER!!!

note... I havent seen Joe and his missus for a few months now and I think theyve moved to cooler climes under the seatainer... but hey Im not tellin the missus that!! The shed... well the shed she is MINE!! :2tsup: its all good spider webs lizards bugs birds speaking of birds I think a couple of Kookaburras have moved camp from down at the creek to the shed... pretty cool eh?... when we put it up we didnt finish around the doors so theres these gaps some wider than others and when I went out there yesty one of the Kookies flew straight out while the other waited till I opened the door then zzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooom gone back up to the willow at the creek... bird shyte everywhere!! lucky I keep everything covered supposedly against water ingress but well at least it kept the guanno of the machines... wonder what possumpoop would think if she knew they were in there :doh:

Nah the missus is now firmly ensconsed in the dining room spread over the table her workbench and the bookcase library material storage unit... and thats the way I like it uhuh uhuh YEAH BABY!!! :2tsup:

oops sorry Neil couldnt help it! :B :;

Honorary Bloke
17th October 2007, 02:16 AM
That is just a great story, Shane! :2tsup: Have a greenie.

s_m
17th October 2007, 09:40 AM
I am confused - help me out here...

How can someone called "Bob" be an *honorary* bloke? :? :?

Steph

flynnsart
17th October 2007, 09:58 AM
We get more spiders, geckos and snakes in the shack we live in than the workshop!! Good excuse to spend more time in the workshop:D

Donna

Wild Dingo
17th October 2007, 01:43 PM
I am confused - help me out here...

How can someone called "Bob" be an *honorary* bloke? :? :?

Steph

Easy one Steph... hes a yank ergo not a bloke but a pal etc to be a bloke he has to have been Aussie born as a yank he has to be an honorary bloke until he's proven himself to be a bloke then we as true Aussie blokes can honor him by dropping the honorary bloke status... sadly Bob hasnt yet attained legendary status either in his own mind or in someone elses so he remains an honorary bloke... Bobs a nice honorary bloke hes just got a fair way to go before he becomes a bloke one day with due diligence and continued dedication to things bloke he will join us... there is of course always going to be that sad state of affairs thet Bob has that will keep him an honorary bloke... that issue of him being in the states... but well as he will attest quite humbly one cant help the geographical location of ones birth and I suppose that his situation at present does not lend itself to him being able to come down and reside in the land of true blokeiness... Australia... sadly that will mean he will simply have to remain an honorary bloke.

But still and all... for all his unblokiness he's a nice sorta honarary bloke such that we like to keep him around you know?... as well as that if Bob and all the other honorary blokes from non bloke countries werent encouraged to remain who would we have around to take the phiss out of to have a lend of in the time honored Aussie way?... yes yes my dear of course theres always yous shielas but well a bloke sometimes likes to have the opportunity to take the mickey out of a yank its a part of tradition you know... so we keep Bob around and let him remain an honorary bloke :2tsup:

But hey!! Were an equal opportunity crowd here... never say we discriminate!! We are just as happy to take the phiss or have a lend of you shielas ANYTIME cause thats a tradition to!!... and hey we still wubs yer! :; :;

fred.n
21st October 2007, 08:46 PM
Easy one Steph... hes a yank ergo not a bloke but a pal etc to be a bloke he has to have been Aussie born as a yank he has to be an honorary bloke until he's proven himself to be a bloke then we as true Aussie blokes can honor him by dropping the honorary bloke status... sadly Bob hasnt yet attained legendary status either in his own mind or in someone elses so he remains an honorary bloke... Bobs a nice honorary bloke hes just got a fair way to go before he becomes a bloke one day with due diligence and continued dedication to things bloke he will join us... there is of course always going to be that sad state of affairs thet Bob has that will keep him an honorary bloke... that issue of him being in the states... but well as he will attest quite humbly one cant help the geographical location of ones birth and I suppose that his situation at present does not lend itself to him being able to come down and reside in the land of true blokeiness... Australia... sadly that will mean he will simply have to remain an honorary bloke.

But still and all... for all his unblokiness he's a nice sorta honarary bloke such that we like to keep him around you know?... as well as that if Bob and all the other honorary blokes from non bloke countries werent encouraged to remain who would we have around to take the phiss out of to have a lend of in the time honored Aussie way?... yes yes my dear of course theres always yous shielas but well a bloke sometimes likes to have the opportunity to take the mickey out of a yank its a part of tradition you know... so we keep Bob around and let him remain an honorary bloke :2tsup:

But hey!! Were an equal opportunity crowd here... never say we discriminate!! We are just as happy to take the phiss or have a lend of you shielas ANYTIME cause thats a tradition to!!... and hey we still wubs yer! :; :;

Jesus Ding................now I have a head-ache :oo::oo::rolleyes:

kekemo
22nd October 2007, 03:15 PM
Ok .....sorry skipped over some of your story's Dingo...will return & read later...but answering the first question...

YES
YES
YES

I shared "our shed" we loved working together....had our own projects...had projects we did together....had a wonderful working relationship....each had our own "sander" that was taboo to touch... worked both ways I didn't like his sander (still dont) and don't know what to do with it now! ...had our own hammers, routers & tape measures....everything else we really shared....had two drop saw's...even in the end had two brad-guns.....the duality of most stuff came from improving tool quality.

Guess most people would sell off what they don't want but with two in the shed it just came in handy...waiting for someone to finish on a specific tool wasn't a problem...usually your partner would have something they needed sanded or stained you could help them on, quite surprising most of the time it's helpful for gluing large pieces to have someone else there and you get such a boost seeing each other projects coming along...Ed didn't even mind when I showed him an easier way to do something....& I was never more thrilled when he brought home new tools or more wood...yes he had open slather at the Woodshow's or any tool shop...."Buy what ever you want my love" ....you woodworking boy's want true happiness....find a "wood-lady"....your dreams will come true!!!!!

Oh......

BUT.....
Passionate hate....

"Darling what's the time...I'm a little peckish....

for the love of God...I wish he was here with me now...
but if you share the shed...you should share the kitchen!!!!!!!!

a few photo's of the units I finished this week...

completed inside now.jpg (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=58492&stc=1&d=1193022929) (27.4 KB)
http://image-mirror.cyanide.com.au/woodworkforums/images/attach/jpg.gif IMG_0065.jpg (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=58493&stc=1&d=1193022929) (108.0 KB)
http://image-mirror.cyanide.com.au/woodworkforums/images/attach/jpg.gif IMG_0064.jpg (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=58494&stc=1&d=1193022929) (75.5 KB)
http://image-mirror.cyanide.com.au/woodworkforums/images/attach/jpg.gif IMG_0067.jpg (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=58495&stc=1&d=1193022929) (94.8 KB)
Uploading File(s) - Please Wait
http://image-mirror.cyanide.com.au/woodworkforums/images/buttons/collapse_thead.gif (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=#top)

Wild Dingo
22nd October 2007, 06:19 PM
Been a tad busy there Kerry? :; ...good one!! :2tsup:

I really must pop up that way again soon an say gidday again :2tsup:

ooh an sometimes... just sometimes mind... I get the feelin my short sweet wee posts are not read by anyone but me!! :C But hey its okay cause it gives me an excuse to sit and write SOMETHING!! :; gives me a bit of you know inspiration for the book! :U :U :U

kekemo
22nd October 2007, 06:53 PM
Gee sorry Dingo....no I was not implying that I wouldn't read it mate, sorry about that I was answering the first post and of course when you click on it you get all this other mail and you loose your first track of thought....so skipped over them all...just to answer the thread...

Yes trying .....so hard to keep myself motivated.....not having a very good time of it lately....need to see someone who knows heaps about finishing off.....need hands on....I'm not dumb....but ???? when it comes to finishing...waxing...sealing....polishing ....I'm blonder than blonde! Although what I'm making seems to be ok....just want to know that it's suitable for sale .....would like an experts opinion!

Yes missed you all lately....need some friends around me.....
So back to the woodworking folks!
Catch you later....

The next unit is pretty big....wont bring it in...its going up to sons house...but will take picture when I finish it for you...bye regards
Kekemo....Shed butterfly.............

astrid
23rd October 2007, 09:28 PM
keep it up.
we're listening but cant say much.
love astrid

Christopha
24th October 2007, 09:59 AM
The only reason a woman should be in my shed is to:
A; bring me a cuuppa
B; bring me the cake to go with the cuppa
C; to tell me my mistress is on the phone

Cliff Rogers
24th October 2007, 10:28 AM
Stirrer. :D

PS. Ding.... Kookas & Joeys don't mix, I doubt you'll find them both living in the same shed. :wink:

Wild Dingo
25th October 2007, 02:41 AM
Well Cliff... never one to hide from a challenge... my shed has taken you up on this one for not only is my shed a summer home to a couple of wonderfully LARGE joe blakes but has now got resident birds through the winter!!... now a feral cat tried to take up residence in there the other week but rapidly found what it felt like to have a 22 bullet fair up the clacker and hasnt been seen since... I dont like my chances of getting a resident koala mate as I havent seen any around here... not saying there arent any just that if theyre here I aint seen them... kookaburras on the other hand we have a mated couple living in the willow near the creek and a young fletchling (I think thats what theyre called??) has recently appeared on the scene trying out its wings... but they refuse to go near the shed... which is a good thing

There is another occasional resident to the shed of late... the neighbors dog has taken to wandering over during the night and snoring through till about 8 in the morning at which time as I open the rolladoor he sorta glares up at me and then wanders home... Ive spoken to the neighbor about it and he reckoned he had been wondering what the dog had been upto at night he would let him out to do his business and leave the door ajar for him but was finding that the dog wouldnt return till after he heard my shed door open up... didnt associate the dog with the shed... we know full well how the buggar gets in there the doorways still havent been finished and the back one has a bit of a gap between the wall and the door that I really must put a sheet up against... and hes been slipping in there and sleeping the night on top of the rag bag that resides on top of the large scrap bin

Soooo I was thinking of building a bird house (apiary?) next to the shed but think I will just wait till I get the new larger shed and this one becomes the timber storage then I will just turn this shed into a timber storage come bird house eh? well for the winter months cause in the summer the joe blakes move back in :roll:

aah tis fine to live in the bush isnt it!! :2tsup:

flynnsart
25th October 2007, 02:35 PM
aah tis fine to live in the bush isnt it!! :2tsup:

Well, it is, even though we had our first snake inside our abode yesterday, only a tree snake tho.

Went outside in the morning yesterday and found this fella making himself comfortable on the bed I made my son (it is finally finished and ready to go yay!) The bird is a King Parrot and it is a male. So I really do share my workshop with more than one male!

Donna

kekemo
25th October 2007, 04:13 PM
BUT....Donna more of the bed! :doh:

Can't see all your beautiful work....only that MALE-bird....(lol) few of that type of spieces don't like woman in there "nests"/ "retreats"/"sheds" either (sure its that type, really really squarkers).....I don't know for certain but I really think so....you can hear them squark about it all the time!!!!( specially in this forum)...lol

Love to see more of the bed.....
Going to start a new thread.....cant have a first message title on the Whispering for Woman ......starting with "Bloke in the title".....lol....
bye KEKEMO:2tsup: