PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Spindle Threads

Pages : [1] 2

Gil Jones
22nd October 2007, 02:56 PM
HI Y'all,
Do any of your lathes use a 1" X 10tpi spindle thread?

DJ’s Timber
22nd October 2007, 03:15 PM
Yep, my Jet mini is

Calm
22nd October 2007, 03:39 PM
My Hafco does too

jchappo
22nd October 2007, 08:53 PM
Add the Leda Mini to the list:)

mugwoody
22nd October 2007, 09:12 PM
Hi all ,

I also have a Jet mini.

One catch is the thread form, I notice the original poster is in USA.

US threads being what they are they will be a 60° form wheras ours here will generally be a British thread profile which is 55°

Subtle difference but interchangeability can be problematic.

P.S. I dont know whether the Jet is US or Imperial threadform.

I also have a Sheraton Metal lathe (1-1/2" X 10 BSF) which I anticipate making the chucks interchangeable with the new woodlathe I am going to build in the next 12 months.
Yes I know wood chucks and metal chucks are different but flexibility is important for what I want.

Peter

Jim Carroll
22nd October 2007, 09:13 PM
A lot of the older lathes in Aus have a 1"x 10tpi thread as well as the majority of jet lathes.

Most new lathes have a 30x3.5mm or 1-1/4"x8tpi.

Why do you ask Gil.

Wood Butcher
22nd October 2007, 09:39 PM
I had the thread on my old lathe re cut to 1"x10tpi to keep it the same as the old boys lathe (It was some stupid pitch that I've never seen again). That way I can pinch his attachments:p

Gil Jones
23rd October 2007, 03:51 PM
Thank you all for this bit of information. In the USA most of our small, and some of the mid sized lathes are 1” X 8 tpi, and the threads are cut at 60 deg while these 1” X 10 tpi threads seem to be in the 55 deg range like Whitworth. Anyway, Jim, the reason I asked is that several months ago I purchased a used Teknatool Compac chuck (1” X 8 tpi), and I have come to really like that little chuck. I wanted to purchase 5 or 6 more of them for my own use until I discovered that they are out of production. Well, after a bit of looking, I found a source (in the USA) of mostly new, surplus, Compac chucks in ¾” X 16 tpi and 1” X 8 tpi thread. So to acquire the 5 or 6 chucks that I wanted, I purchased all 116 of these chucks. I am now selling the extra chucks to recover my capital outlay, and have found that 9 of the chucks have a 1” X 10 tpi thread which I probably cannot sell up here as our lathes do not use that thread. I could use them for spare parts, but I am curious if any one is interested in the 1” X 10 tpi chucks. Also, I am trying to find a supply of the Teknatool Compac chuck Adapter Plates to make these chucks a bit more versatile. Does anyone have these adapter plates, and would you consider selling them (or trading for chucks)?
Well, that is my story, and I am sticking to it, and this is a pic of the chucks sitting on my tablesaw.

Cliff Rogers
23rd October 2007, 04:02 PM
Struth Gil.....:oo: 116 of them, I though I was bad at 10. :p

DJ’s Timber
23rd October 2007, 04:07 PM
So how much would you be wanting for one of these 1" x 10tpi chucks, or even for that matter all 9 of them. We could maybe look at shipping them all here as 1 bulk lot and then mailing them onto individuals that are interested in getting one :shrug:

ss_11000
23rd October 2007, 04:56 PM
mmm...i think mines a m30 or a 1x8. bugga

i wish i could remember

116 thats a lot of chucks:2tsup:

Rookie
23rd October 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm interested in the answer to DJ's question. My Jet is 1"x10 (even though the manual says 1x8 :C)

Jim Carroll
23rd October 2007, 06:49 PM
The compac chucks had their own dedicated jaws. There was adaptor plates made so the standard nova jaws would fit , but like most things you would be hard pressed to find any now as they have been of the market for some time now.

hughie
23rd October 2007, 08:12 PM
Gil,

Hmmm thats a serious addiction problem you have there......:U

But if your not successful with the sale of the 9 or so chucks. have you considered
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=58949

Doing something along the lines of Fredo? Probably sell quite well.

As a matter of interest what are they going for?

scooter
23rd October 2007, 08:55 PM
If DJs idea gets off the ground, I'd be interested in a 1 x 8 tpi if there's one going. :)

Wood Butcher
23rd October 2007, 08:57 PM
Depending on the price I might be interested in DJ's idea.

Rookie
23rd October 2007, 09:40 PM
The compac chucks had their own dedicated jaws. There was adaptor plates made so the standard nova jaws would fit , but like most things you would be hard pressed to find any now as they have been of the market for some time now.

Good point Jim. In my enthusiasm I didn't even think whether or not the jaws would interchange.

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 02:42 AM
I am selling the chucks for $25 USD each, including a 45 mm jaw set, two Tommy bars, and an Allen wrench. [$28.25 AUD]. You can download the owner's and assembly manuals on Teknatool's site.<br>The US postal service has an International Flat Rate box, 20 pounds max, for $37 USD. A chuck + two Tommy bars + one Allen wrench each weighs 51.2 ounces [1.452 kg] X 5 = 16 pounds + the box and plenty of packaging material so it survives the trip should keep it just under the 20 pound limit. Scooter's 1 X 8, and 9ea 1 X 10's would make two boxes (5 chucks each). I am setting up a PayPal account to handle the charges and currency exchanges, which looks like about a total fee of 7.5 %. So I am guessing $35 USD each [$39.55 AUD], but I do not know the cost of shipping inside Australia, unless all interested parties live close enough to pick them up in person. Shipping to each person from here is too costly.<br>Hughie's idea is a good one...thanks. Jim is correct, the 45-mm jaws will not interchange with any other type of chuck, but if you could find a set of the adapter plates, modern Nova jaws will then fit the Compac chuck. I have not been able to find any of the adapters (yet). Personally, I like this chuck just as it is for small work like lidded boxes, birdhouses, and such. I do not know if I am even allowed to do this sort of sale on this Forum, and if not please tell me so I can delete this posting. My email address is [email protected] <br><br>

RETIRED
24th October 2007, 08:04 AM
I do not know if I am even allowed to do this sort of sale on this Forum, and if not please tell me so I can delete this posting. My email address is [email protected] <br><br>I have no problem with it Gil as it is a one off.

Big Shed
24th October 2007, 09:07 AM
I would be interested in a 1" x 8tpi, like Scooter, if we can get another in one of the boxes.

DJ’s Timber
24th October 2007, 10:04 AM
Sounds good Gil, I am happy to take the lot and organise mailing everyone their chucks, for those that are interested. I do have PayPal, so payment is easy and I have an account here for people to pay the funds to me as well.

At that price I am sure everyone will be happy to take 1 or even in my case I'll take 2 or 3 :U, but I don't think there will be enough :no: to go around :doh:.

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 10:41 AM
DJ, from reading over the thread this is what I see so far……
Scooter___2 ea, 1” X 8tpi ======Chrisb691_____1 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Stirlo_____1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======Wood Butcher__2 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Big Shed__1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======DJ____________3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
WoodCutta_2ea, 1" X 8 tpi======MugWoody_____3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi

That leaves -zero- 1” X 10 tpi remaining, and 75ea 1”X 8 tpi remaining,
And 21ea ¾” X 16 tpi remaining. I think there are enough to go around.

I will test packing 6 chucks in a box,
plus the Tommy bars and Allen wrenches,
and see if I can stay under 20 pounds.

DJ, if you want more than one chuck it will take another box so unless
the number ordered goes up a few the shipping cost will be higher. Plus I am
thinking that 5 per box may leave more room (weight) for strong packaging.
I want the box to survive the trip.

mugwoody
24th October 2007, 11:13 AM
Hi Gil,

What a deal!:)

Put me down for 2 or 3 of the 10X 10 tpi please if they are still available.

I would be happy for anyone else in Melbourne (to save freight costs) to add to this to make a boxful.

Peter

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 11:42 AM
Peter, you are down for three 1" X 10 tpi.
Thanks,
Gil

Wood Butcher
24th October 2007, 12:17 PM
Gil,

Put me down for the last 1"x10tpi. Had a chat to Dad and he's will take it if possible.

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 01:24 PM
Wood Butcher, you are down for 2ea 1" X 10 tpi.

I cannot keep the box under 20 pounds with 6 chucks and all the Tommy bars in it plus the packing materials. So it will be 5 chucks per box. Right now I am not sure if Rookie and Stirlo want a chuck or not. If not, two boxes should cover it.

chrisb691
24th October 2007, 01:43 PM
If you end up with a spare 1" X 10, then I am interested.

Chris

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 02:46 PM
Chris, I will let you know as soon as I get an answer from Rookie.

rodent
24th October 2007, 03:49 PM
Hey jim am i the only one who bought the adapter plate of you for the compact chuck ? ILL be in for a 3/4 *16 thread:D . crazyskew said do you take visa ? if not we will have to money order 3 for him one for me .2 off 3/4 buy 16 plus one 1in buy 10 for crazy

Gil Jones
24th October 2007, 04:00 PM
Lucky you rodent, those adapter plates are like chooks teeth to find now. Do I understand that you want 4 ea 3/4" X 16 tpi chucks total (who is crazyskew?)? I am working on a PayPal account now, so hang in there. DJ and I will need to work this out somehow, but it will all work out OK.
I discovered that Teknatool sold all of their adapter plates to Woodcraft, and Woodcraft trashed them all 3+ years ago when the Compac chucks where all gone.
Oh well, some days you are the bug, and some days you are the windshield......are we having fun yet..........

ss_11000
24th October 2007, 04:54 PM
Gil, i will go and see what my thread is.

if i do have a 1x8 i will get one for sure:) it will work out to be around $50 total then i presume ( $9 postage in aus added to gils total )

cheers

rsser
24th October 2007, 05:01 PM
Re adaptor plates, Vermec might consider a bulk order. They currently do adaptors to fit Vicmarc 90/100 chucks to Teknatool SN, SN2 and Titan. They're around $28 inc. screws.

Jim Carroll
24th October 2007, 06:54 PM
Rodney from memory you were the only one that I know of that bought the adaptors.

Had a look through the old glory box of teknatool gear.

We have 2 sets of 20mm jaws for the compac chuck RRP $25.00 sell for $15.00 each.

We have 2 sets of adaptor jaw plates for the compac to nova jaws RRP$45.00 sell for $30.00 each.

We also have a woodworm screw for the chuck RRP$18.00 sell $10.00

Please PM me if you want them, first come first served.

Big Shed
24th October 2007, 07:06 PM
PM sent

ss_11000
24th October 2007, 07:07 PM
Gil, i will go and see what my thread is.

if i do have a 1x8 i will get one for sure:) it will work out to be around $50 total then i presume ( $9 postage in aus added to gils total )

cheers

alright. i'm pretty sure my thread size is 1" x 8tpi so i'll take one off ya hands Gil:2tsup:

just let me know who to pay and when:2tsup:

cheers

woodcutta
24th October 2007, 07:17 PM
Gil

If you need some help to fill another box I would like 2 1" X 8tpi

Thanks
Woodcutta

Jim Carroll
24th October 2007, 08:27 PM
All bits sold.

Will keep a look out If I can find some more.

DJ’s Timber
24th October 2007, 09:27 PM
Gil, I'll definitely take 2 of your hands, but you may as well send all the 1" x 10tpi over and if someone else puts their hand up for it, fine if not I'll keep it :U. And whatever anyone else requests in the 2 other sizes

I think the best is to send the complete order to me and I'll pay for the lot on PayPal and then everyone else can then reimburse me once I split the lot up and work out postage to everyone.

Fair or not :shrug:

scooter
24th October 2007, 11:20 PM
Gil - sounds good :2tsup:

If we've got a second or third box going, I'll like to take 2 @ 1"8tpi. If we have one or two full boxes already with no other takers, I'll stick with just 1.

DJ - yer done well. Thanks mate. :)

Cheers....................Sean

ss_11000
24th October 2007, 11:44 PM
Dj's idea sounds good.

Dj. Do you want advance payments to help with the initial costs?

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 12:23 AM
Dj. Do you want advance payments to help with the initial costs?

Thanks for the offer Stirlo :2tsup:, but I think we will wait till Gil has posted them and I can then let everyone know their cost while they are winging it here :;

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 08:35 AM
DJ, from reading over the thread this is what I see so far……
=============================================
Scooter___2 ea, 1” X 8tpi ======Chrisb691_____1 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Stirlo_____1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======Wood Butcher__2 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Big Shed__1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======DJ____________3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
WoodCutta_2ea, 1" X 8 tpi======MugWoody_____3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
==============================================
There are Zero 1" X 10 tpi left, and plenty of the others.
I see 15 chucks, and that looks like 3 boxes to ship. If anyone else wants a chuck, we will need to start box #4 and that will take 5 chucks to make the shipping cost the same as before. I have checked on my PayPal account, and it will work with yours (DJ). All I need to do is click the "request money" and send you an invoice. 15 chucks @ $35 USD ea. = $525 USD [$589 AUD @ today’s exchange rate]. If Rodent decides to get in with 3 chucks, we may need another 2 chucks to make 5 for a 4th box. If I do not hear from Rodent (or crazyskew) by tomorrow morning (here) the fun is over, and I will get with DJ and start packing boxes for a plane ride south. How does everyone feel about that?

Wood Butcher
25th October 2007, 09:03 AM
How does everyone feel about that?

Sounds great Gil! A big thank you to you for offering us these chucks and a huge thanks to DJ for being the sucker on this end:p

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 09:12 AM
How does everyone feel about that?

Sounds good to me Gil :2tsup:

DJ for being the sucker on this end:p

Someone has to do the dirty work :o:q

mugwoody
25th October 2007, 09:47 AM
Sounds good to me no problems at all.

If you want to put 2 in the box with my 3 for Melbourne delivery thats fine.

Mugwoody

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 10:41 AM
I reckon we will just see if Rodent, and who ever ''crazyskew'' is, chime in by tomorrow morning (here). Yep, I realize it is already tomorrow morning where y'all live. Gives us another 14 or so hours:)

Ern, thanks for the adapter plate set info, but they are too costly for this deal. Of course, you all may be able to find them in-country, or have them machined up for the chucks in OZ. I intend to use mine just like they are.
Later,

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 10:52 AM
I reckon we will just see if Rodent, and who ever ''crazyskew'' is, chime in by tomorrow morning (here). Yep, I realize it is already tomorrow morning where y'all live. Gives us another 14 or so hours:)

I'll fire off a PM to Rodent and let him know on the time limit :2tsup:

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 11:00 AM
DJ, great idea! I hope he sees it.
It is just shy of 8pm on the 24th here right now.
Does anyone know who crazyskew is? I did not see him/her in the members list.

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 11:11 AM
DJ, great idea! I hope he sees it.
It is just shy of 8pm on the 24th here right now.
Does anyone know who crazyskew is? I did not see him/her in the members list.

Pm sent :2tsup:

It's now 10.12am on the 25th here now

crazyscew (http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=14448) is a member here, but rodent is in close contact with him so, you can bet his order will be in with his as well if they get in, in time

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 11:48 AM
DJ, I reckon it was the spelling that got me. Rodent spelled it "crazyskew", and that is what I looked for. There is a need for one more 1" X 10 tpi chuck for Crazyscew. Any chance that Mugwoody or DJ would give up one of theirs?? Just a thought..............Gil

mugwoody
25th October 2007, 12:20 PM
DJ, I reckon it was the spelling that got me. Rodent spelled it "crazyskew", and that is what I looked for. There is a need for one more 1" X 10 tpi chuck for Crazyscew. Any chance that Mugwoody or DJ would give up one of theirs?? Just a thought..............Gil

Take one of my 3 if you like i don't want to see any other forumites miss out on such a good deal :(

I'm easy, but not cheap:wink:

Peter

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 12:29 PM
I have been following the thread wish I had jumped in having the Jet Mini Lathe with 1" x 10

shame the 1"x 8 can't be adapted with a machined fitting etc.

chrisb691
25th October 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks Gil, and thanks DJ.

DJ, I can either direct deposit, or Paypal.....whatever you prefer. As soon as you know the costs, pm me with details and I'll sort funds immediately.

Chris

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 02:07 PM
Peter, you are a gentleman, done.
====================================================
Scooter_____2 ea, 1” X 8tpi ======Chrisb691_____1 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Stirlo_______1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======Wood Butcher__2 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Big Shed____1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======DJ____________3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
WoodCutta__2ea, 1" X 8 tpi======MugWoody_____2 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
Crazyscew__2 ea 3/4" X 16 and 1 ea 1" X 10 tpi=================
Rodent_____1 ea 3/4" X 16 tpi=====Outsider_______1 ea, 3/4" X 16 tpi

=====================================================
Does this list look correct to all concerned? 19 chucks......
I have a plan to put before you all. I have no idea what the two Tommy bars and one Allen wrench per chuck would cost in Australia (8mm steel rod works in place of the bars, and computer printer/scanner slide bars are perfect). Anyway, with all of the Tommy bars and Allen wrenches in the boxes, I can only put 5 chucks in each box, and stay under the 20-pound limit. At 18 chucks, I can put 6 in each box, and leave off the Tommy bars and Allen wrenches. This will bring the price down to $33 USD [$36.70 AUD] per chuck. The price is lower due to more chucks per box, not any value of the Tommy bars. What do you all say to that?

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 02:16 PM
Yep, my Jet mini is

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/j1014Irvu.html

Dj just reading this post strange how US are 1" x 8 compared to our 1"x 10

I have the Nova G3 chuck :2tsup: which uses an thread adaptor

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 02:32 PM
Peter, you are a gentleman, done.
Scooter_____2 ea, 1” X 8tpi ======Chrisb691_____1 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Stirlo_______1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======Wood Butcher__2 ea, 1” X 10 tpi
Big Shed____1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi======DJ____________3 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
WoodCutta__2ea, 1" X 8 tpi======MugWoody_____2 ea, 1" X 10 tpi
Crazyscew__2 ea 3/4" X 16 and 1 ea 1" X 10 tpi
Rodent_____1 ea 3/4" X 16 tpi
Does this list look correct to all concerned? 18 chucks......
I have a plan to put before you all. I have no idea what the two Tommy bars and one Allen wrench per chuck would cost in Australia (8mm steel rod works in place of the bars, and computer printer/scanner slide bars are perfect). Anyway, with all of the Tommy bars and Allen wrenches in the boxes, I can only put 5 chucks in each box, and stay under the 20-pound limit. At 18 chucks, I can put 6 in each box, and leave off the Tommy bars and Allen wrenches. This will bring the price down to $33 USD [$36.70 AUD] per chuck. What do you all say to that?

I'll give up 1 for wheelin :2tsup:, I'm not greedy.

As for the idea on cutting down weight, it's a good one. I can supply the 8mm bar from my end as I could get some in with one of my steel orders :2tsup:. Maybe just send one set of tommy bars over and I can copy them exactly. As for the allen key wrench, if it's just a normal 5mm?? allen key like the one I have inserted here, I'm sure everyones got one

I'll also PM everyone on the list to confirm that they are in.

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/j1014Irvu.html

Dj just reading this post strange how US are 1" x 8 compared to our 1"x 10

I have the Nova G3 chuck :2tsup: which uses an thread adaptor

I thing it's a 1"x 10tpi here as it is more common, maybe Jim could weight in on this one :shrug:

As for the thread adapter for the G3 that's all good cause they have a larger common size which can take the adapters, but with the Compacs the smaller thread is machined straight into it and you can't fit an adapter on them

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 02:49 PM
I'll give up 1 for wheelin :2tsup:, I'm not greedy.

As for the idea on cutting down weight, it's a good one. I can supply the 8mm bar from my end as I could get some in with one of my steel orders :2tsup:. Maybe just send one set of tommy bars over and I can copy them exactly. As for the allen key wrench, if it's just a normal 5mm?? allen key like the one I have inserted here, I'm sure everyones got one

I'll also PM everyone on the list to confirm that they are in.

E-mail sent Dj

Wife walked in and I was telling her about the buy at the same time reading Dj's gracious offer to give up one of his for me.
This is what she was doing to me at the time :smack: and asked why I didn't jump in straight away $$ dear $$.

Guess what:woot:

I agree Allan Keys dime a dozen

woodcutta
25th October 2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks Gil for the offer.

Either way it doesnt worry me about no tommy bar, or the extra cost if you send them.

Thanks again

woodcutta

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 02:56 PM
I thing it's a 1"x 10tpi here as it is more common, maybe Jim could weight in on this one :shrug:

As for the thread adapter for the G3 that's all good cause they have a larger common size which can take the adapters, but with the Compacs the smaller thread is machined straight into it and you can't fit an adapter on them

I rang Trend Timbers and spoke to Adrian as the book says 1"X 8 he said to see whats stamped on it.

EDIT
Damn just re-read this forgot to put Adrian said they are 1"X 10 in Australia

Outsider
25th October 2007, 03:07 PM
Hi folks,

I have just skimmed this thread.

If it helps I would definately be interested in a 3/4 X 16 Chuck. I had a adapter made for wait for it 1" 3/8 X 6 an old English Wadkin Lathe. So that makes it 19 Tommy bars and wrenches can come for just that little bit extra.

Cheers

Brian

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 03:19 PM
If we can find 1 more (thank you Brian) who wants a chuck, I will go back to 4 boxes (5 chucks per box) with all of the bars and keys, and the original price of $35 USD [$38.93 AUD, today]. I do not care which way it goes, just attempting to keep the shipping costs down, if possible. Personally, I use old computer printers and /or scanners as the steel bar in them is good quality and offers more leverage if I cut them in half as opposed to the 108 mm long Tommy bars.

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 03:28 PM
Gil any chance of a complete photo of the full kit on offer

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 03:51 PM
Yup, this is a pic of the chuck, 2-Tommy bars (108mm long+-), and the Allen key (.155" or 3.937mm). Most look like this one, some had a few surface rust spots which I wire wheeled clean.

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 03:55 PM
Scooter_____2 ea, 1” X 8tpi-confirmed======Chrisb691_____1 ea, 1” X 10 tpi-confirmed
Stirlo_______1 ea, 1” X 8 tpi-confirmed======Wood Butcher__2 ea, 1” X 10 tpi-confirmed
Big Shed____2 ea, 1” X 8 tpi-confirmed======DJ____________2 ea, 1" X 10 tpi-confirmed
WoodCutta__2ea, 1" X 8 tpi-confirmed======MugWoody_____2 ea, 1" X 10 tpi-confirmed
======wheelinround___1ea.1" X 10tpi-confirmed
Crazyscew__2 ea 3/4" X 16 and 1 ea 1" X 10 tpi-confirmed
rodent_____1 ea 3/4" X 16 tpi-confirmed=====Outsider_______1 ea, 3/4" X 16 tpi-confirmed

Does this list look correct to all concerned? 20 chucks......

Ok I have PM everyone on this list to confirm by PM to me that they are in and that they check their thread sizes as listed.

Going by the interest Gil, I reckon you may as well send the Tommy bars and Allen keys.

If no one else puts their hand up for any more, you can throw a 1" x 8tpi in for me as well to round the numbers up. I have an older worn out MC-1100 headstock that I can use it on.

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 03:57 PM
Yup, this is a pic of the chuck, 2-Tommy bars (108mm long+-), and the Allen key (.155" or 3.937mm). Most look like this one, some had a few surface rust spots which I wire wheeled clean.

Thanks Gil

Gil Jones
25th October 2007, 04:10 PM
Y'all have fun playing with this thread, I am going to bed (it is 1:00am the 25th here). G'nite........
DJ have you thought about what your OZ customs is going to think of you taking delivery of all these chucks? I can include paperwork in the boxes telling who is getting which (though these screen names are odd). You could get charged an import duty if the value is over the established limit. In theory these are all used chucks :), and I will state that on the form. Can you check locally with your customs folks?

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 04:33 PM
DJ have you thought about what your OZ customs is going to think of you taking delivery of all these chucks? I can include paperwork in the boxes telling who is getting which (though these screen names are odd). You could get charged an import duty if the value is over the established limit. In theory these are all used chucks :), and I will state that on the form. Can you check locally with your customs folks?

No problems this end on the Import Duty or GST Gil, order has to be over $1000AUD for charges and at the current rate we are looking at around $778AUD

Waldo
25th October 2007, 04:37 PM
G'day,

I always hear of these things far too late :cry4: (thanks Rod and Skew :2tsup:) would've put a hand up for a 1" x 10tpi.

I'm going back to the mushroom farm now.

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2007, 04:42 PM
Ok folks, Gil has gone to bed for his beauty sleep and has asked me to close the deal for now.

There is a spare 1" x 8tpi coming as well, to round the total up to 20 chucks.

This is up for grabs if anyone wants it, if not I'll keep it as a spare for my old MC-1100.

Let me know by PM if you want it :; Gone

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2007, 07:47 PM
Received a message this arvo from Gil and he has 5 of the 1" x 8tpi to clean and pack and then it's time to send the lot off.

DJ’s Timber
30th October 2007, 03:07 PM
Not long to go now, Gil says they are all ready to be boxed up now and will get them done over the next few days and then let me know when they are ready to go

DJ’s Timber
2nd November 2007, 09:15 PM
Ok people, Gil has boxed up all the chucks and I have paid for them via PayPal :2tsup:.

Gil will now get them sent over as soon as he can. I will then re pack them ready to send on to everyone else.

In the meantime, I will need each of you that is in the group order to PM me with your Full Name and postal address.

Once I have everyones details, I will then send everyone my Bank details and you can then transfer funds to my account to cover the cost of chucks and postage.

For those that live in Melbourne, I will be dropping some off, depending on the area you live in or you are welcome to come for a drive out to the Yarra Valley up to Warburton to pick them up.

Ps. I am also re-opening this thread for anyone with questions from those in the group buy

Waldo
4th November 2007, 11:14 AM
G'day Dj,

I'll give you some foldy stuff, prefer to pay to the real hard stuff, it looks better in your wallet too and makes you feel like you have some money. :2tsup:

Dependent on work and deadlines on at the time I may drive up to you.

DJ’s Timber
4th November 2007, 11:30 AM
No probs Waldo :2tsup:

Gil Jones
7th November 2007, 10:23 AM
G'day all,
As of 1:45pm, November 6th, all four boxes of chucks are shipped out and headed South to DJ. The trip is supposed to take 6 to 10 days, mostly by air.
That is 76.5 pounds (34.7kg) of steel (and 4 boxes). These chucks have traveled a few miles considering that they were originally made in New Zealand.
Cheers,
Gil

wheelinround
7th November 2007, 10:29 AM
:2tsup::2tsup: To stuff Gill thanks again to both of you.
special thanks for cleaning the sheep NZ sheep dags off them :D lets hope they don't hijack them on the way here.

chrisb691
7th November 2007, 10:30 AM
Goodonya Gill. Thank you very much.

DJ’s Timber
7th November 2007, 10:34 AM
Woohoo, not long to go now :2tsup:

Also as stated a few post back a reminder as I am still short on some addys

Gil will now get them sent over as soon as he can. I will then re pack them ready to send on to everyone else.

In the meantime, I will need each of you that is in the group order to PM me with your Full Name and postal address.

Once I have everyones details, I will then send everyone my Bank details and you can then transfer funds to my account to cover the cost of chucks and postage.

For those that live in Melbourne, I will be dropping some off, depending on the area you live in or you are welcome to come for a drive out to the Yarra Valley up to Warburton to pick them up.

wheelinround
7th November 2007, 10:48 AM
Woohoo, not long to go now :2tsup:

Also as stated a few post back a reminder as I am still short on some addys

Did you get mine Dj

will resend if needed

mugwoody
7th November 2007, 10:59 AM
Onya Gil,

You're a legend for doing this.:2tsup::2tsup::U

DJ, did you get my details sent last week.

Peter

Mugwoody

DJ’s Timber
7th November 2007, 11:11 AM
Did you get mine Dj

DJ, did you get my details sent last week.

Yes and yes :U

MY TURN
7th November 2007, 01:01 PM
how much are you letting go for say 1 or 3 or 5

also what would be the reference characteristics

regards

MT

Gil Jones
7th November 2007, 01:34 PM
MT,
I am not taking any more orders for these chucks until I fill all the ones outstanding now. Send me your email address and I will send you the manuals for the chuck. Also, I have changed the cost of future chuck purchases to $30 USD each (plus shipping / insurance) because I have run out of Allen wrenches and Tommy bars and had to purchase new ones for all the remaining chucks. The chucks are the same cost for any number.
Gil

DJ’s Timber
7th November 2007, 02:37 PM
For those that wish to do so, you can download the "Owners" and "Assembly / Disassembly" manuals for the Compac Chuck from the Teknatool Chuck Support Page (http://www.teknatool.com/support/Chuck%20Support%20Page.htm)

Waldo
7th November 2007, 02:39 PM
For those that wish to do so, you can download the "Owners" and "Assembly / Disassembly" manuals for the Compac Chuck from the Teknatool Chuck Support Page (http://www.teknatool.com/support/Chuck%20Support%20Page.htm)

Thanks Dj. :2tsup:

chrisb691
7th November 2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks DJ

DJ’s Timber
10th November 2007, 12:48 AM
Chucks were processed for despatch out of US at 21.26 8th Nov American time

Gil Jones
10th November 2007, 12:57 PM
The latest shipping data I see (on the computer) looks rather like this for all four boxes:
1)Acceptance, November 06, 2007, 1:39 pm, DONALSONVILLE, GA 39845
2)International Dispatch, November 08, 2007, 9:26 pm, MIAMI
3)Your item left the United States from MIAMI at 9:26 PM on November 8, 2007.

coming at ya :)

woodwork wally
10th November 2007, 10:27 PM
DJ if there is room I would like a 1" x 8 tpi thanks and regards Wally

DJ’s Timber
10th November 2007, 10:36 PM
DJ if there is room I would like a 1" x 8 tpi thanks and regards Wally

Sorry Wally, but all the chucks have been spoken for and they are currently on route now to Australia

MY TURN
12th November 2007, 01:18 PM
The latest shipping data I see (on the computer) looks rather like this for all four boxes:
1)Acceptance, November 06, 2007, 1:39 pm, DONALSONVILLE, GA 39845
2)International Dispatch, November 08, 2007, 9:26 pm, MIAMI
3)Your item left the United States from MIAMI at 9:26 PM on November 8, 2007.

coming at ya :)

Hey Gil

I hope on still on list

Mike

Gil Jones
12th November 2007, 02:11 PM
MT, (Email would be better),
one on the way.

DJ’s Timber
13th November 2007, 12:08 PM
Chucks are now being processed by Customs here in Australia :2tsup:

Should get them in the next day or so hopefully.

Gil Jones
13th November 2007, 12:33 PM
Cool, nice to know they got there.

wheelinround
13th November 2007, 01:31 PM

WOW already :o

You watch Apost will go on strike

scooter
13th November 2007, 03:21 PM

WooHoo ! :2tsup:

ss_11000
13th November 2007, 03:43 PM
You watch Apost will go on strike
lets hope not

so when do you want to be paid DJ

wheelinround
13th November 2007, 04:02 PM
lets hope not

so when do you want to be paid DJ

Oh yeh forgot that bit young whipper snappers

How you paying for your ...........selling pens to teachers as farewell gifts for yr 12er's

ss_11000
13th November 2007, 04:08 PM
Oh yeh forgot that bit young whipper snappers

How you paying for your ...........selling pens to teachers as farewell gifts for yr 12er'snah mate couple of shifts at maccas covers it easy.