PDA

View Full Version : New extension for Firefox

munruben
23rd October 2007, 04:24 PM
A good little new extension for Firefox browser is an extension called "cooliris preview" You can read about it and download from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207
You can preview the contents of a link without actually going to the website just by holding the cursor over the link. I think it only works for Google searches links.

munruben
23rd October 2007, 04:31 PM
I think it only works for Google searches links. I just tried it on the link I posted above and it worked on that so maybe it works on links other than Google ones.

Big Shed
23rd October 2007, 04:33 PM
Haven't used that one before John.

The one I like is Foxmarks:

If you use Firefox on more than one computer, you'll want Foxmarks. Install Foxmarks on each computer, and it will work silently in the background to keep your bookmarks synchronized. You can also log in to my.foxmarks.com to manage your bookmarks from any computer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

I use Firefox on both my desktop and my notebook. Keeping the Bookmarks synchronised used ot be apain till I got htis add-on:2tsup:

I ca't remember the last time I used IE, Firefox rocks:2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
23rd October 2007, 04:39 PM
I just tried it on the link I posted above and it worked on that so maybe it works on links other than Google ones.

Just installed it and it seems to work with everything, even attached thumbnails

munruben
23rd October 2007, 04:46 PM
Haven't used that one before John.

The one I like is Foxmarks:

If you use Firefox on more than one computer, you'll want Foxmarks. Install Foxmarks on each computer, and it will work silently in the background to keep your bookmarks synchronized. You can also log in to my.foxmarks.com to manage your bookmarks from any computer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410

I use Firefox on both my desktop and my notebook. Keeping the Bookmarks synchronised used ot be apain till I got htis add-on:2tsup:

I ca't remember the last time I used IE, Firefox rocks:2tsup:
Thanks for that BS I haven't used IE for over 2 years and I don't intend to go back to it. Firefox for me.:2tsup::2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
23rd October 2007, 04:49 PM
Looks handy for previewing threads here :2tsup:

Chris Parks
23rd October 2007, 10:54 PM
Opera has a built in function that previews threads in forums. Hold the cursor over the heading in the index and you can read the first post.

pawnhead
24th October 2007, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up John. :2tsup:

I've just installed it, and watched the instruction video. I know that blokes aren't supposed to look at instructions, but It's got a lot of good features that I'll probably take advantage of. :)

DJ’s Timber
24th October 2007, 10:17 AM
Opera has a built in function that previews threads in forums. Hold the cursor over the heading in the index and you can read the first post.

That's true but this one allows you to read the lot, even scroll and best of all it stays open for as long as you like :2tsup:

pawnhead
24th October 2007, 11:08 AM
It's another way to open a new tab, but it could come in handy if you use both. You can stack them at the side as well. It relieves the clutter if you've got a lot of tabs and windows open.

I like the dictionary feature. Double click on a word (or highlight a phrase), right click and hover over search, and then you can hover over a dictionary, Google images, Wikipedia, or websearch.

A nice find, and pretty lightweight at only 94kB. :2tsup:

My favourite add on is still Stumbleupon. A great time waster when you're bored.
Addblock Plus is a good one too. Removes the annoyances, speeds up page loads, and reduces bandwidth usage (with the option to view blocked images). :)