PDA

View Full Version : Works in Progress...Ladies pictures please?

kekemo
25th October 2007, 04:43 PM
Ok...I know its generally considered time wasting to stop...an fool around with the camera....(well for the guy's it is)...yes I keep my camera charged ...takes me about 2 or three minutes to take photos & upload ...so was hoping for a few other ladies to support this thread....show us some works in progress.....
I believe we can encourage many many more ladies to part-take in the forum by showing our work....in stages!

Ok....I will start it off....but this unit is finished... it shows the idea of work in progress that I mean....

About 50% of this unit is from recycled wood...the shelves alone are called "glutts" there little bits of wood they use for packing between the timber in large pallets....they just throw them away all the time.....wasteful....
I have a thicknesser(stupid name as it make the wood thinner)....that I collect all the pine I can and dress it down....which brings it up nice....gosh our English is not so clever after all is it?
The mini-orb came from a building site, left over....
Oh well... here's the idea....see what we can do with this thread..
Show us your work...even if its just the timber you purchase today or stripped down in the shed......

Cheers.....KEKEMO.........."Sh.ED Butterfly"....:2tsup:

http://groups.msn.com/WOODWORKCountryCottage

wheelinround
25th October 2007, 05:01 PM
kekemo I like what I see:2tsup:

LOML is learning to use power tools and hand tools she wants to do some carving also has a nice piece of Rose wood sitting aside to use.

She made a footstool storage box many years ago when the kids we wee little ones out of MDF. We just recently thew it out after 25+ yrs.

I am going to encourage her to read your post, she is very active with many other crafts womanly type.

Recently she has had to use my circular saw she is learning fast.

Ray

s_m
27th October 2007, 08:42 AM
I've been sitting here for 5min trying to work out what LOML means. Now that I have I *like* it and might borrow it :)!

I'll take some pics over the weekend of some frames I am working on for home and some friends (paying customers :D) out of reclaimed oak from an old desk and tassie oak framing timber from the next-door neighbour's renovation.

Steph

wheelinround
28th October 2007, 08:08 AM
I've been sitting here for 5min trying to work out what LOML means. Now that I have I *like* it and might borrow it :)!

I'll take some pics over the weekend of some frames I am working on for home and some friends (paying customers :D) out of reclaimed oak from an old desk and tassie oak framing timber from the next-door neighbour's renovation.

Steph

Just to confrim it's Love Of My Life LOML

s_m
28th October 2007, 07:11 PM
Ok here is the first of two frames for photos of my daughter.

It's are made from an old oak desktop (actually the bench shown is an old door on top of the desk frame) milled to 18x30 and glued up with plain mitred corners.

The detail pic shows what I think is called a "slip feather joint". The slot was cut after the frame was assembled (and v-nailed :B for interim security) using a home-built jig that you mount in a bench vice and then clamp the frame into the bottom and run a circular saw across the top (then a super thin sharp chisel for tidying up).

The 45deg chamfer and rebate for the glass were routed and corners tidied up with a chisel.

The timber has been hand sanded to 240 then given two coats of Danish Oil.

Edited to add two more pics with the photo and mat boards inserted (because I couldn't wait to try them out). All going well it will be ready to go on the wall by Wednesday :D.

Steph