PDA

View Full Version : urgent truck help

Tonyz
31st October 2007, 06:54 PM
Dont know where else toi put this. I have a Ford Cargo diesel turbo truck. manufactured about 1990 in Europe.They were imported by Ford Aust. It runs a Caterpillar 225HP motor.
We are replacing all the water hoses, well trying to but have come to a blank wall in regards the 2 radiator hoses. Neither Ford, Caterpiller and GMV can help so our Q " Is there somewhere that custom makes radiator hoses hopefully from measurements and pics rather than sending the old ones away?
I need the truck urgently for seed cleaning this season.

echnidna
31st October 2007, 06:58 PM
You used to be able to get a cirrugated all purpose hose that you could fit to anything.

Or you can fabricate one.
Use the bends of other suitable hoses and join them onto metal pipe/s until you get the right shape to fit.

RufflyRustic
31st October 2007, 07:09 PM
HWMNBO suggests taking the hoses you need replaced to a radiator works place and see if that helps direct them to someone who can fabricate them for you.

Good Luck!

cheers
Wendy

Tonyz
31st October 2007, 08:21 PM
the bummer with trying to fabricate is I'll have to take the old ones off then the truck is completely useless and being down here it would take ages to get something done in Adelaide.

wheelinround
1st November 2007, 07:10 AM
Tonto I just checked out a photo on the web site I think from looking at this they are comparable to a Mitsubishi but with the engine being a Cat you may need to locate a Cat dealer what radiator has it got in it?? Ford Mitsubishi or Cat??

echnidna
1st November 2007, 09:14 AM
If you could find out what the name truck was marketed as overseas you might get hoses from the uk etc.

wheelinround
1st November 2007, 09:16 AM
If you could find out what the name truck was marketed as overseas you might get hoses from the uk etc.

Think he needs them like last night Echnidna

Tonyz
1st November 2007, 09:41 AM
We.ve tried all these ideas but now found a place in Adelaide that will make up hoses from scratch. All I have to do is send the old ones over and viola a week later 2 new hoses delivered to our door.

Thanks everyone for ideas and input.

Geoff Dean
1st November 2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe get a couple of each made up if they are not to dear, then you will have a spare when you need it.:D

Grahame Collins
11th January 2008, 08:18 PM
re the comment about universal hoses.
Does this help

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Auto-Parts-Wholesalers-Pty-Ltd/UNICOIL-Universal-Hose-Coils.html

Cheers
Grahame