PDA

View Full Version : Well my wood pile is about to grow... again

Wild Dingo
7th November 2007, 03:13 PM
Seems good ol Western Power has determined that our 4 trees at the front of the property are too close to the power lines so they must come down... WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TREES!! :o

So Im about to get Hays Treeloppers to come do the deed and so the heep of logs will grow expidentially! :2tsup:

Ray153
7th November 2007, 05:16 PM
The power company have decided and you are the one out of pocket?

Seems a bit odd, here on the other side of the island, the power company would come along and remove the offending parts without consultation.

Won't necessarily take out the whole thing but still seems a bit rich that you cop the bill.

What sort of tree? Is there a silver lining in that they are going to be of use for something other than taking up space or firewood?

wheelinround
7th November 2007, 06:05 PM
Agree Dingo they should pay not you id you plant the trees I bet not where they supplied by council I bet if they were there prior you moving in send the previous owner the bill

But you still keep the timber :2tsup::2tsup:

Barry_White
7th November 2007, 07:22 PM
Country Energy over here will take any trees out with their own tree removal teams. They have all the gear, cherry pickers, pole hoists to hold the tree trunks and chippers to grind it all up for a pile of mulch for you or leave the trunks intact and will do it for free if they are under the power lines.

Pat
7th November 2007, 08:00 PM
It does depend what side of the property line they grow on. Your side your cost, wether you can recover the costs thru litigation of the former property owner (If, indeed they personally planted them) is up the lawyers. Council side of the line, they pay or the electricity distributor pays and then recoups from the council.
That is my understanding on this issue as far as it is within the distribution area for greater Sydney. I would ask the distrubutor on their policy and would be suprised if it is markedly different.

Wild Dingo
8th November 2007, 12:59 AM
Well... the main offender is ON the property line... smack right on it... the bloke came left a note in the mail box (oh thats apparently got to move as well as per his note) saying its OUR responsibility and therefore our costs... we have been given 30 days do get it done or they will come and do it and bill us... no ifs buts or maybes thats it.

Looking at it its now into spring and the the main branches hes worried about have shot of like a rocket under both the single line from the pole to house and under the main lines along the shires verge area.

They were planted some time ago... weve been here 2 years the previous owner 8 before that some old bloke for god knows how many years... it would more likely be the old bloke as hes dead now and a bit hard to challenge and thats where the dipstick that owned it would say "no sir I didnt plant it the bloke before me did it was there when we bought it" and that would be that... not worth spending yet more blasted money chasing that wanker through the legal system again. :~

The main one causing western power the heart connipshuns will have to come down so with the new house going up further toward the front of the block (keeping earthworks costs down) the other two will come down as well and the last one seems to have gotten some bug or something and is dead or dying so its coming down as well... so I will end up with another two silky oaks an english oak or elm not sure which and one Ive yet to discover its breeding... and her highness thinks due to the location of and width of the new house the 2 large Chinese flame trees will have to come down as well

Looking around and thinking about that... lucky for us that theres a few trees down on the creek part of the block cause we are loosing all the ones up the house side! :C BUT!! lucky for us weve got a contact in the local native plant nursery and should be going down and getting some banksias wattles and such that they no longer want cause theyre getting to large so we should get them cheeper... would rather like to have a huge planting of native flowering flora than these things anyway... nice shaders for sure and I'll get some great timber from them I guess but well were hoping to encourage more of the birdlife to come up around the house once its built.

Anyway probably first week in december since Hays'y is busy as hell between then and now. :2tsup: about the time we start demolishing!!

dadpad
12th November 2007, 09:29 AM
As I understand the regulations in Vic, There should be a 20 m easement either side of the powerlines.

Seeing as how the tree is on the boundary it would be worth asking if costs could be shared.