PDA

View Full Version : jepson

conjoe
9th November 2007, 03:15 PM
i have a new jepson mc900 does any one know where i can get a manual for it
i brought from ebay but no book
it was cheap but suits me for now
also when i shift from slow to higher speed( with it running) it becomes slower and the belt hits casing
is there anyway i can adjust it etc
i know it was a cheapo but it should work to a reasonable standard
also does anyone no who the suppliers for them in australia
hope some one may help me
regards conjoe rosebud

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th November 2007, 04:40 PM
Manual? I'm guessing the Jepson is just another MC-900 clone. Which means that 99.9% of all threads on these forum about MC-900's will apply. I've a couple of MC's but never had a manual for one, else I'd let you have it. :shrug:

As for the speed problem, the odds are good that the pulleys on the idler shaft are binding. This leaves the belt flopping loosely and exhibiting all the symptoms you describe. It's one of the problems with the cheaper clones. :roll:

A possible "quick fix" is to give the shaft and between the pulleys a squirt of Penetrene, WD-40 or similar "lube in a can." (Avoid any silicone based lubes though... if they get onto the wood it makes applying finishes a nightmare, if not impossible.) If this solves the problem, keep in mind it's probably only a temporary fix. You'll need to either give it another squirt every time you use it or disassemble the shaft and give it a more permanent lube with something like powdered graphite. Avoid oil or grease if you can... they're dust-attractors and can increase wear. I do oil my main workhorse though - I've even gone to the hassle of adding oilers. But it's not something I'd recommend to others. :B

If the "lube in a can" doesn't work even temporarily, you'll have to disassemble the idler shaft assembly and find out why. Most likely the key is burred (or worse!) preventing the pulley from sliding freely. If you're lucky, you can get away with a quick cleanup of the shaft/pulley (maybe only deburring some rough edges) and a good lube.

I'll wish you luck, but I trust you'll understand if I don't keep my fingers crossed for you. :;

killerbeast
9th November 2007, 06:03 PM
Yep i know :-) http://www.woodturning.dk

i got the pages from BerniP converted to PDF. about 1 mb all in all.

Rasmus - WWW.WOODTURNING.DK

joe greiner
10th November 2007, 12:48 AM
Here you go:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34706

Boink "Download Product Manual"

Seems to be substantially identical to the MC900; probably only a different motor for voltage and frequency.

Joe