PDA

View Full Version : Need your HELP--Balusters and dog dont mix--need lathe

clueless
9th November 2003, 07:06 AM
WOW,,have been lurking today,NICE WORK,I usually hang out at www.turbobuick.com so here I am searching for new balusters,then realize to look for forums,hey search for woodworkers

OK my situation ,,well the dog decided to chew up about 8 balusters,found the papework from the useless company that installed them 10yrs ago,,well why am I calling them useless,they told me they cant help ,take them to a locall High School woodshop,,can anyone help duplicate these,can send pics .....

clueless
10th November 2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by clueless
WOW,,have been lurking today,NICE WORK,I usually hang out at www.turbobuick.com so here I am searching for new balusters,then realize to look for forums,hey search for woodworkers

OK my situation ,,well the dog decided to chew up about 8 balusters,found the papework from the useless company that installed them 10yrs ago,,well why am I calling them useless,they told me they cant help ,take them to a locall High School woodshop,,can anyone help duplicate these,can send pics .....
TTT

Didnt think this would be so tuff----please help

ubeaut
10th November 2003, 06:12 AM
Clueless? Maybe....... Don't want to seem rude but did you happen to notice at the top of the page it says Woodworking Australia's Woodwork Forums. That means that this is an Australian site and although we are visited by a number of US turners it is a waste of time expecting anyone to help from here, or for that matter the US if you don't give info like where you are. You know, town, state, etc.

A little help with these details probably won't hurt your cause, although I doubt that any of the Aussies will be jumping at the chance to do the job.

You might try looking in your local yellow pages under woodturners. It will probably be quicker and easier.

Cheers - Neil :D

clueless
10th November 2003, 09:36 AM
:p :p :p HAHA thats funny I guess the screen name fits,,No I did not notice that this forum is from Australia,,did nt know you guys had the internet down under:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Peace,

Thanks for the info....................:D

arose62
10th November 2003, 11:44 AM
You surely have companies in the states that sell balusters ?

An Aussie example is at

http://www.federationsupplies.com.au/ess/shop.php3?aisle=Turned+Baluster

You could also buy a cheap lathe, add a duplicator for a bit more money (they are about $150 in Australia), and away you go ...

Or, find a local woodturning club, and ask them.

Or, get the dog to chew all the remaining balusters, so they match ...

Cheers,
Andrew

clueless
10th November 2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by arose62
You surely have companies in the states that sell balusters ?

An Aussie example is at

http://www.federationsupplies.com.au/ess/shop.php3?aisle=Turned+Baluster

You could also buy a cheap lathe, add a duplicator for a bit more money (they are about $150 in Australia), and away you go ...

Or, find a local woodturning club, and ask them.

Or, get the dog to chew all the remaining balusters, so they match ...

Cheers,
Andrew :p :p Funny ,,he is working his way around the room...we have been putting hot sauce on the remaining good balusters;) ;)

river rat
11th November 2003, 08:22 PM
Clueless,
As you have proablely found out there are not as many turner in the usa as in oz. I live in Ga and may be interested in doing the job, e-mail me with sizes, type of wood, pics etc.

River Rat