PDA

View Full Version : Walking stick

Gra
4th December 2007, 06:24 PM
Well instead of posting start A@#e comments, though I would post what I have had a chance to do in the shed for a change...

I have made two walking sticks, both one piece. I only have pictures of one (Thats mine), the other one got seconded by my father for his use:2tsup:

The timber is roadsideus palatus... (I think it is actually meranti)

ptc
4th December 2007, 07:43 PM
very nice

DJ’s Timber
4th December 2007, 08:08 PM
Nice one Gra, about time we saw some more work from your shed :U

Gra
4th December 2007, 08:33 PM
Nice one Gra, about time we saw some more work from your shed :U

No arguments from me, all I have to do is get the time in the shed to actually make something:~

Got some time this arvo (Playing Mr Mum for a couple of days) and made some replacement handles for MIL rolling pin, so extra brownie points for that one:2tsup:

artme
4th December 2007, 09:26 PM
Why is it a walking stick?:?
Why do our feet smell but our noses run?:?
Why do we have Unisex toilets? I always thought there were two.:no:
What Lousy @$%!&* disabled the toilet?:o

BLoody good stick with handle BTW.:D

Gra
4th December 2007, 09:32 PM
Why is it a walking stick?

Cause without it. Somedays I dont walk...:D

Why do our feet smell but our noses run?

Cause your upside down...

BLoody good stick with handle BTW.:D

Thanks mate.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th December 2007, 09:42 PM
Nice whacking stick! :)

Did you make it to a specific length (usually inside of wrist) or just "whatever it turned out to?"

Gra
4th December 2007, 11:01 PM
Nice whacking stick! :)

Did you make it to a specific length (usually inside of wrist) or just "whatever it turned out to?"

Yeah, got my old stick (I broke it...) and found a bit a wood the same length and made it round:U:U:U..

The length is the same as my old stick (maybe a little longer). The other was made the same length and I will cut it down, when dad decides what height he wants it.

Wongo
5th December 2007, 09:50 AM
Is it addictive? :D Maybe we need a walking stick turning forum.:D

orraloon
5th December 2007, 05:03 PM
Have been wanting to try one for a while. Only problem is who to give it to. Offer someone a stick and and they may get the idea you think they are getting too old.