PDA

View Full Version : EEE paste ??????????

killerbeast
5th December 2007, 11:59 PM
I was forced to wisit one of my local turning pushers yesterday, and as i was packing up my loot he pulled a jar of EEE and (almost) forced me to buy it... well i thougt that there might be someone hre that could help med with the intructions on how to use it... iv read the threads her on how to use but-.-.-.-. one thing ... do i use it before my now favorit friction polish or after..

ss_11000
6th December 2007, 12:08 AM
both.

killerbeast
6th December 2007, 12:10 AM
hmmmmm figures...... there will be no simple answer

ss_11000
6th December 2007, 12:17 AM
na, no simple answer. i dont know the reasons to how it works ( hopefully neil will see this thread ) but i know when to use it and how.

basically:

use it before hand to get the timber ( or what ever ) "sanded" to a high grade ( 2500+ ). because its a cut and polish, it will cut the timber and polish it to that high grade. theres no finish on the peice yet. you then use whatever finish you want to use.

use it afterwards to cut back on the finish. i think this cuts down on some of the shinyness or something???? not sure actually now i mention it :hmm:

cheers

scooter
6th December 2007, 12:39 AM
Stirlo nailed it, as a fine abrasive after the various grades of sandpaper, or as a cutting compound to take a glossy finish back to satin.

Same as Bryllcream, a little dab 'll do you. Don't use too much.

Scroll to the bottom for more links. Ubeaut info page for EEE here (http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ubhome.htm).

Cheers..............Sean

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th December 2007, 12:59 AM
Same as Bryllcream, a little dab 'll do you. Don't use too much.

:yes: It's very economical stuff; I'm only onto my third tub after several years, yet I use it almost daily.

IMHO, it's a must have on any turner's shelf.

ss_11000
6th December 2007, 01:20 AM
:yes: It's very economical stuff; I'm only onto my third tub after several years, yet I use it almost daily. i've got 3 tubs and arent even 1/4 way thru one. i love its economical abilities:2tsup:

IMHO, it's a must have on any turner's shelf.too true

/.

killerbeast
6th December 2007, 01:44 AM
Ahhhh Robin ... to the TurningShed ... kapow...

must test it out... know just what to try it on...

Thansk

artme
6th December 2007, 08:19 AM
It is ,indeed, good stuph. I use it after finishing all the other gumph on CA finishes and then go over that with shellawax Finish is wonderful.

ss_11000
6th December 2007, 12:50 PM
It is ,indeed, good stuph. I use it after finishing all the other gumph on CA finishes and then go over that with shellawax Finish is wonderful.
do you realise that putting shellawax over CA just makes it look shinier. trhe shellawax will wear off over time because its not being used as it was designed which is to be fused into the timber by friction during the application process.

Frank&Earnest
6th December 2007, 01:38 PM
do you realise that putting shellawax over CA just makes it look shinier. trhe shellawax will wear off over time because its not being used as it was designed which is to be fused into the timber by friction during the application process.

Yeah, that's what I reckoned making the challenge goblet. Once started with CA to stop the cracking I had no choice but to cover it all with CA, so all I could do after that was to use EEE to cut and polish it. I am reasonably happy with the result.

artme
6th December 2007, 06:54 PM
Stirlo- do you have to broadcast trade secrets?:q:q

ss_11000
6th December 2007, 10:17 PM
lol...thank god customers dont read here:D