PDA

View Full Version : And another Tenon Jig

Wayne Davy
17th November 2003, 12:06 PM
I started making this Jig weeks ago just before Derek and then Barry posted up theirs. Finally got the fine adjuster finished on the weekend so I thought I would post up some pic's. This one is along similar lines to Barry's and the design comes from the book "Cutting Edge Table Saw Tips & Tricks" by Kenneth Burton (which I totally recommend btw).

Mine is a bit rough compared to Barry's but does the job.

(and, yes, I know the T/S Riving knife should not be in place on the saw when using the jig. I just did not remove it when I took the pictures but do, of course, when actually using the Jig)

Wayne Davy
17th November 2003, 12:10 PM
The Jig has the same plastic slides as Barry's. This view shows the back with the Fine Adjuster and the Large adjustment clamps on the two sliding table sections visible.

The knob on the back of the Fence holds the backing board in place which the stock Clamp is attached to. This is so that, when the backing board gets chewed up, it can be replaced fairly easily.

Wayne Davy
17th November 2003, 12:12 PM
Close up of the Fine Adjustor and sled toggle clamps. The toggle clamps are from Lee Valley in the USA - great little units.

Wayne Davy
17th November 2003, 12:15 PM
Lastly, a closeup of the Stock holding clamp.

Barry_White
18th November 2003, 09:03 PM
Thats good Wayne. It's amazing how many designs there is around that accomplish the same job and this forum is good to bring out the best of everyone.

Where did you get your screw clamp and cam clamps from. Mine was one that I had that came with some Triton item that was surplus to what was required, but I have searched in quite a few places in Australia but can't find any one that keeps them.

Regards

Wayne Davy
19th November 2003, 12:27 AM
Barry,

The Cam Clamps are from Lee Valley in the USA (mail order). These are great and only $3.90USD each.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=3&page=45034&category=1,43455

http://www.leevalley.com/images/item/woodworking/clamps/05j5101s1.jpg

The knob on the Fine Adjustor is a Triton one. Bought a heap of them as spare parts from the Brisbane Triton Office ages ago. This was the last one I had left (the others are gracing my other jigs/etc.)

The toggle clamp is from Carbatec. And the tri-knob on the back of the fence holding the backing piece is just one from Bunnings/Mitre 10.

zathras
19th November 2003, 06:31 AM
Those cam clamps don't look that much different to the units used on quick release bicycle wheels/seat posts.
Should be plenty of bicycle places to get those from :)

You should be able to get units with a 6mm thread quite easily, usually used for seat posts.