PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some spare time, so Trend turning course is coming!

I_wanna_Shed
9th December 2007, 12:16 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!!! The project I am on at work at the moment is finally going to give me some spare time. That's fantastic news, because I've only been in the shed for half a day or so over the last 2 months :(.

So I'm treating myself to the Introductory/Beginners woodturning course at Trend Timber in late Jan. I can't wait!

Who else here has done this Trend course or one of their others?

Cheers,
Nathan.

turnerted
9th December 2007, 04:02 PM
Nathan
Just a suggestion , instead of driving all the way to Trend , do a course with Bill Shean at Bargo . I did a beginers course with him about five years ago .
Ted

I_wanna_Shed
9th December 2007, 04:23 PM
Nathan
Just a suggestion , instead of driving all the way to Trend , do a course with Bill Shean at Bargo . I did a beginers course with him about five years ago .
Ted

Hi Ted,

As hard as I looked for a closer turning course I couldn't find one, and certainly didn't come across Bill's. I will continue with the Trend course since I have booked and paid, but I will definately chase down some details for Bill Shean for additional courses. Bargo's alot closer!

Thanks alot for the tip,

Nathan.

artme
9th December 2007, 06:33 PM
Why do toy mant a ahed. Some bugger will only wany to fill it wih spare funiture, clothes in boxes, suitcases, etc., etc., etc.. :doh::D:D

RETIRED
9th December 2007, 07:10 PM
Why do toy mant a ahed. Some bugger will only wany to fill it wih spare funiture, clothes in boxes, suitcases, etc., etc., etc.. :doh::D:DHUH?

I_wanna_Shed
10th December 2007, 12:36 PM
Nathan
Ted

Hi Ted,

Do you have any contact details for Bill? I can't see anythign about him on the net.

Thanks,
Nathan.

Alastair
10th December 2007, 02:32 PM
I would assume that your instructor at Trend would be John Ewart. He was one of my teachers when I did the 3 year Woodturning course at TAFE a couple of years ago, together with George Hatfield.

He is an exceptional woodturner and teacher. Well worth the extra km, IMHO,

regards

Hickory
10th December 2007, 03:57 PM
No picture, didn't happen

turnerted
10th December 2007, 04:50 PM
Nathan
Bill's phone number is 02 46843146 or [email protected] .

Ted

RETIRED
10th December 2007, 05:13 PM
I would assume that your instructor at Trend would be John Ewart. He was one of my teachers when I did the 3 year Woodturning course at TAFE a couple of years ago, together with George Hatfield.

He is an exceptional woodturner and teacher. Well worth the extra km, IMHO,

regardsWas going to say that John is a nice bloke but he wouldn't want me spreading rumours.:D

Alastair
11th December 2007, 03:00 PM
Was going to say that John is a nice bloke but he wouldn't want me spreading rumours.:D

I will,

I'm safe, as he doesn't know where to find me now!
I was spoilt, having him and George in the last 3 years the course was offered.