PDA

View Full Version : Bois de Rose

mason houghland
13th December 2007, 06:56 PM
hello,

i am new here and am trying to get help with a problem.i make pool cues and i have one that is ready for sealer and finish,but after final sanding the handle which is Bois De Rose developed small tanninsh colored spots in the surface.Bois De Rose has a surface that almost looks like it has lots of checks but it isn't.i assume they are some type of mineral deposits.how do i get rid of them or camoflauge them?thanks.

mason

HappyHammer
13th December 2007, 07:02 PM
:2tsup:Welcome to the forum Mason. Can you post a picture?

HH.

Groggy
13th December 2007, 07:06 PM
Mason, welcome to the forums. It is not necessary to post the same post in multiple forums (cross posting), the others will be removed for you.

mason houghland
13th December 2007, 07:20 PM
OK.the pictures really don't show the spots.they are very small,and you have to lood very close,but after i finish the cue it will show up.

joe greiner
13th December 2007, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard, Mason. Which Nashville? Illinois? Tennessee? Georgia? None listed in my Australia gazetteer. You can edit your User CP to include more detail(s) as you see fit.

Attempts to disguise or camouflage natural "imperfections" are seldom successful. Usually better to exploit them as "design features."

Joe

artme
13th December 2007, 11:25 PM
G'day mason welcome tothe madhouse and its collection of ratbags, miscreants, wise ones, helpful ones and assorted other charaters.:D:D:D
Can't offer a lot of help on your problem but if it is anatural feature of the timber then why worry. It is what it is. As our previous poster says, make a feature out of it. Cheers:2tsup::2tsup:

hughie
13th December 2007, 11:30 PM
Attempts to disguise or camouflage natural "imperfections" are seldom successful. Usually better to exploit them as "design features."

Yep I go long with that. Welcome aboard :2tsup:

mason houghland
14th December 2007, 04:06 AM
i agree,but it seems there has to be a way.the wood is deep red but fairly bright and the spots really won't go over well i am afraid.thanks anyway guys.i am in Nashville,Tennessee.