PDA

View Full Version : Who Else is glad...

lubbing5cherubs
26th December 2007, 05:39 PM
HI Gals, Who else if so glad taht christmas is gone for another year? NOw to start to get back on track.
bye Toni

Meggles
27th December 2007, 10:32 PM
I dunno, i love christmas, even though i had to clean the house, put up the tree, do most of the shopping, foot the bill for my grandparents presents and do most of the cleaning up after all by myself, i still love christmas!! it was worth all that to have my family be nice to each other for a few days and have a good time.

lubbing5cherubs
28th December 2007, 02:21 PM
I love giving the gifts and seeing the kids face but for all the inlaws and tihe intefereing I will be glad it if never comes around for 15 years. Although this time they were great to have around but we love our space and I hate buying presents. I much rather spend money on wood and tools not having to play ladies and host them for the week. UGH
lol
Toni

Meggles
30th December 2007, 11:15 PM
ah, see my nanna has my back, she entertains everyone while I'm doing my own thing.

robynmau
1st January 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi there

Seasons greetings everyone, I hope you've had a great Xmas & that 2008 brings all you would like:)

Personally, I've been glad for Xmas as I turned lots of things to give my family & friends as gifts [didn't think to get photos]. I had got a 'bit' slack in the turning department but I'm now back on track:U

A couple of elderly friends have also asked me to turn them bigger bowls for the kitchen tables, so more projects are on the table... yippee

cheers

Robyn

astrid
1st January 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm glad christmas is over, Like Toni, i love the kids stockings, and the stuff you do for them.
But its after 12 when the stress starts, running riund to two family's, having to put up with the IL and be nice and civil to those you would rather not be in the same room with.
Now NEW YEAR is different, we keep this for friends and family that we want to see.
Trotting back and forward to the local supermarket (OH dear forgot the Cinnamon sticks etc), I couldent help notice how more cheerfull and relaxed everone seemed compared to christmas eve.
We had a great night with a few close friends, the kids stayed up til 2 and slept in instead of waking us at 6am to show us what santa brought.

Now i can get on with that chair!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE:2tsup:

Astrid:U:U:U

lubbing5cherubs
1st January 2008, 03:15 PM
Whoohoo Astrid. I am not alone. I thought for a while there I was an odd bod. HAHA I am but anyway that another thing. But I agree 100% new years eve is beautiful just the people you love to have around. Yep that is right
You also have a great year
Toni

astrid
1st January 2008, 06:06 PM
No you are so not alone in this.
My best friend LIVESNEXT DOOR to her inlaws as they gave them the land to build.
She hates christmas
I cheated this year and stood my ground and refused to go.
Hubby took the kids there for a couple of hours while I made potato salad for my sister.:2tsup:
just cos we married them we dont hve to put up with the cr-p year after year.

Astrid:U

tameriska
1st January 2008, 10:00 PM
I am glad that christmas is over.
I will have to admit though that my Christmas was quiet, just the way I like it, (and make sure of)
I have to admit that I am lucky (and probably a bit nasty), I am of the opinion that if I dont want to associate with people during the year, relations or not, there is absolutely no way that I am going to waste my Christmas with them.

flynnsart
13th January 2008, 12:09 PM
Well, I usually enjoy a very quiet chrismas and for the most part I like it that way. With three kids and usually a very low income, it used to be a stressful time of year. So, the last 8 or 9 years have been quieter. This year was different, had one son, my daughter, and two grandkids here. I must say we all enjoyed it immensely.

I bought the kids some storage boxes, scissors that cut all sorts of shapes, lots of coloured paper and white paper, paper cutting stamps, glue etc. Kept them busy all the visit, although I think i will be still vaccuming up little frog and heart cuttouts till next year. I started a project each for the daughter and son, hopefully will finish them by next year :p. I made John a bedside table to go with his bed i made him, and am making Melissa a table to go beside the couch with a mosaic on it which is made from broken cups (also has a piece of the plate we managed to break when washing up after chrissy dinner).

Sisterinlaw and her hubby turned up the day they all left and stayed overnight. So, not too bad. I tend to like my own space, even find it hard having hubby home all the time lately with his injured finger. (if you hadnt read the post, he nearly amputated it on the table saw a little while back).

So I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I will post some pics later of the bedside table (nearly finished) and my mosaic.

Donna

AlexS
15th January 2008, 09:20 PM
Glad it's over, but it was great to share our new granddaughter's 1st Christmas. First time for a couple of years that all the family's been together (in Townsville Toni) but sad because we lost both SWMBO's parents in the last 2 years.

Did you go down to the strand to see the fireworks on NYE?