PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lessons

Billyboydes
3rd January 2008, 07:01 PM
Hi, I am looking for wood turning classes in Brisbane. Either as a group or one on one. Any ideas?
Regards
Billy :U

weisyboy
3rd January 2008, 07:55 PM
i belive ipswitch woodturning club is the closest.
they run the stand at the brookie show.

i have there contact info here if you want it.

one of them is a member here on the forum.

Ivan in Oz
3rd January 2008, 08:05 PM
G'Day Weisyboy,

How are you for info on classes in Toowoomba?

The only one I can locate is at the USQ in 2 weeks and they are FULL, FULL, FULL.

Another one NEXT YEAR:~:~:no:

Cannot find anything else:doh:

weisyboy
3rd January 2008, 08:08 PM
will check it out for you

weisyboy
3rd January 2008, 08:11 PM
try the toowoomba woodcrafts club

Toowoomba District Woodcrafters Inc
PO Box 86
DRAYTON NORTH QLD 4350
Tel: 07 4634 6143

they should be able to help you

just a thaught for bill

how mutch do you know/what level of lessions are you after?

if you are just starting out i am sure i could give you a few pointers and get you started going in the right direction.

my advice would be befor getting and lessions to have a good go yourself and get a feel for things so you have an idea of what you are doing and you will get a lot more out of the lessons

woolclasser
3rd January 2008, 08:39 PM
Billy, the ipswich woodcrafts club gives turning lessons on saturday mornings from 8-30. First workshop this year is saturday 12th. Come along and find out what it's all about. Mihi st Brassall. Jim

funkychicken
3rd January 2008, 09:54 PM
Billy!

First of all what skill level are you?
If you can't turn, then don't try and teach yourself. The lathe is big and scary contraption. Get someone to teach you.

If you know how to turn but aren't fully established kinda thing then I'm sure there are some forumites in Brisbane that would be more than willing to share their expertise.

Ivan!

I'd be happy to give you a few pointers, I'm over in Meringandan, 20km north of Toowoomba *Everyone goes "Ohhh that's where it is"*
Thankfully I'm finally disposing of the Gmc and getting a Jet!
:hpydans2::ohyaaa::thewave:

artme
3rd January 2008, 09:57 PM
Woodturners' society of Qld. Incc. they have a web site so just type in the name.
Every Tuesday, Pine St., Greenslopes., & 1st Tuesday night each month.
Can arrange private tuitio through them.:2tsup::2tsup:

Billyboydes
4th January 2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks all, I will investigate further.

Regards
Billy :U

Simomatra
4th January 2008, 05:51 PM
Billy, the ipswich woodcrafts club gives turning lessons on saturday mornings from 8-30. First workshop this year is saturday 12th. Come along and find out what it's all about. Mihi st Brassall. Jim

Yeah woolclasser was my teacher and did and fine job, thanks Jim

Still lots to learn yet though!!

weisyboy
4th January 2008, 06:48 PM
i was thinking of going out and get some lessons on how to use a skew from the boys at the ipswitch club was talking to them at the show never seem to have the time thow.