PDA

View Full Version : 3HP or 5HP Combination Machine?

joez
5th December 2003, 10:27 AM
Hi All,

I am making some serious progress towards getting my dream machine (Minimax 300CU Smart http://www.scmgroup.it/ing/minimax/main2a/main2a.htm ). But I am not sure whether I should go for a single Phase 3HP Unit or a 3 Phase 5HP Unit.

The Machines cost the same, and I have access to 3 Phase Power, although I need to get some electrical work done.

I will be using this machine for all sorts of work, from cutting man made boards to hardwoods. I really want to get into furniture making.

So I suppose my question is do I need 5hp? A single phase unit would be easier to sell and more portable but I dont intend on selling or moving for a veeery long time.

Thanks
Joe

Dan
5th December 2003, 12:23 PM
If they cost the same then it would be better to have 5hp and not need it (all the time) than it would be to have 3hp and occasionally need more.
Dan

Sir Stinkalot
5th December 2003, 02:33 PM
If you have got the three phase go the 5Hp ...... more grunt the better. As for the resale .... yep it may be harder to sell the 5hp but is this going to be a machine for a few years or a lifetime? It sounds like your dream machine which you will be looking at holding onto for some time. The only problem with the 3 phase machine could come if you move house and have trouble getting the 3 phase in your new location.

Stinky.