PDA

View Full Version : Beer Can Chicken

Bluegum
13th January 2008, 01:56 PM
My loving better half bought me a beer can chicken rack for Xmas. I tried it out the other night and the chook was cooked to perfection and really tasty. Using a bit of home brew with some other ingredients in the can gave me a whole new cooking experience. I used some hoison, tomato sauce, garlic and a bit of pepper then stuck it in the BBQ for about an hour. Just wondering if any one else has a few ideas for the can?

I_wanna_Shed
13th January 2008, 01:59 PM
My loving better half bought me a beer can chicken rack for Xmas. I tried it out the other night and the chook was cooked to perfection and really tasty. Using a bit of home brew with some other ingredients in the can gave me a whole new cooking experience. I used some hoison, tomato sauce, garlic and a bit of pepper then stuck it in the BBQ for about an hour. Just wondering if any one else has a few ideas for the can?

Your recipe sounds good. I haven't bought one of these yet but will get one next time I see them. A guy at work said a good one is ginger beer, with added fresh ginger in the can.

Dion N
13th January 2008, 05:02 PM
No need for a special rack! Just take your frozen chook, shove open can of beer up chook's bum :oo:and place upright in the Webber BBQ for the appopriate length of time. I'll be doing two this way next weekend. Open to sugestions on extra flavouring (XXXX Gold used last time)

woodcutta
14th January 2008, 11:15 AM
Open to sugestions on extra flavouring (XXXX Gold used last time)

Next Time try using real beer!:D

mcchaddy
14th January 2008, 12:41 PM
I did 2 of these at xmas. First was a can of XXXX Gold. I added some cloves of garlic and the second one was with a can of coke. The can of coke chook was delicious. As Dion said, no need for a special rack. Stick the cans up the butt and stand them upright in the weber.

yaryetnom
14th January 2008, 01:41 PM
I do these in my woodfired pizza oven & they are brilliant.

Ray

Bluegum
14th January 2008, 09:04 PM
I thought about using a can of gold but in the end decided to go for something else. I thought it was a bit of a gimic when I first saw it but its pretty good. The concept I doubt is new but its an interesting way of cooking and draws a few interesting comments from those your cooking for.:2tsup: