PDA

View Full Version : Lathe for sale

barry clark
14th January 2008, 06:38 PM
Santa bought me a new Nova DVR.

Consequently I have for sale a 2 year old MSL 3815.It is in good condition,I have recently replaced bearings in motor and headstock spindle with good quality NTN bearings(runs smoother now than when it was new).
There is a 350mm tool rest,a 150mm tool rest,a 19mm spur drive,a Woodfast bore through live centre and 2 real spanners. It has been bench mounted so no stand.

Offers around $475 by email.

I have no idea really what it's worth but I want to buy a Canon powershot IX 100 IS digital camera (so I can show Santa what I'm not happy with with the new Nova),and a Vermec bore thru' live centre with the proceeds.

So if anyone can get these 2 items cheap then I believe there is a bargain to be had.

Bazzahttp://www.woodworkforums.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

ss_11000
14th January 2008, 06:51 PM
whats wrong with the nova? QC thing?

barry clark
14th January 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi Stirlo

Spot on with the QC observation.

Bazza

Harry72
14th January 2008, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the DVR club Baz:d

have you some QC probs with the DVR?

funkychicken
14th January 2008, 10:16 PM
Victoria! Why is it always Victoria!

Oh well, I just bought a new lathe anyway! :woot: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

ss_11000
14th January 2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Stirlo

Spot on with the QC observation.

Bazza

interesting. what is the problem on? the spindle, the bed etc?

barry clark
14th January 2008, 10:32 PM
I have wanted a DVR for 4 years.
I think I am suffering from expectation built up over those 4 years,along with all the rhetoric on their website, not being realised when I got to put my hands on the thing.
An example.......the face plate........as fine as an example of the machinists art I have seen in a long long time......the tool rest...straight out of a blacksmiths shop in China.

Bazza

Harry72
15th January 2008, 01:56 AM
Send the parts back, Im sure they'll replace them.

The only quibble I have with mine is the paint job isn't real flash, got 5 differing shades of silver and the hammer tone flakes look like they didn't agitate the spray gun pot.
To think I was worried about painting my stand... went to great lengths to get the colour code that was incorrect... ended up with a hammertone gold using their paint code!

Sawdust Maker
15th January 2008, 05:17 PM
Barry
What precisely is/was wrong with the rest?
Mine is good especially compared with one on the Hare & Forbes clone that I'm ebaying at the moment
I love the DVR and the missus has finally got over the shock of me bringing it home just before chrissy. I'm not allowed to visit Trend Timbers ever again I'm thinking:doh:. Agree that the paint job is a bit splotchy but then I didn't get it to admire but to make big bits of wood into smaller bits:D
I'm actually after a shorter one for pens etc, any ideas where I might go. Only seen Vermec on the web sell them so far?

barry clark
15th January 2008, 10:08 PM
Poor casting,hills and dales all over. Not what I would have expected from them.Still getting to know the machine and will take issues up with the dealer when I'm sure I have them all.

Baz