PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas pressie

derekcohen
8th December 2003, 08:18 PM
Dear Santa

I have been a very good boy this year. Ate all my veggies and listened to mum and dad. I only want one thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3259197018&category=4123

Regards from Perth

Derek

Barry_White
8th December 2003, 10:27 PM
Good on you Derek, I hope you get it you deserve it.

Regards:D :D :D

Wood Borer
9th December 2003, 09:22 AM
It looks like it is in Perth so I am sure you can afford to bid a little higher because of the freight savings.

I hope you get it.

- Wood Borer

Daddles
9th December 2003, 09:59 AM
The terms shock and awe come to mind. Wow, what a set. But $25,000? I notice he's swamped with bids. Any thoughts on whether he'll get it?

Eastie
9th December 2003, 10:00 AM
I too hope they go your way and to good use – the seller obviously has no attachment other than greed. I often wonder with healthy scepticism about these sorts of sales, as any reputable dealer of fine antiques including tools would be more than capable of accurately valuing and selling them through the old channels. In this instance I digress to cynicism. I’ve a gut feeling that these tools have not come to be in his/her possession by lawful means.

Sir Stinkalot
9th December 2003, 10:01 AM
Its a nice old box ...... pity its filled with all those old fashioned hand tools at it will increase the postage costs. :D

derekcohen
9th December 2003, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, I have no intention of bidding on this. I was really hoping you'd club together and get it for me. I'd do the same for you (of course I would!).

Frankly, the total value of the things the seller is offering is probably about $1500-2000 in all. The infill plane is worth about $750, but the remainder - the items he/she presents on his/her advert - are very ordinary, worth a couple of hundred at most. I just cannot imagine why the seller elected to pick those ones. It does suggest that the seller may not have any real appreciation of what is being offered for auction. Don't hold your breath for a bid.

Regards from Perth

Derek