PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi Dovetail Jig

KRH
30th January 2008, 09:20 AM
Hi all

I have acquired second hand a Ryobi dovetail jig, probably a rebranded chinese jig. I do not have any operating instructions or idea of router bit sizes to use. Has anybody got one of these and if so could you offer any advice.

Thanks

Ron Dunn
30th January 2008, 03:05 PM
I've got a manual for a Ryobi DT-330 dovetail jig ... a blue body, with an amber/brown phenolic guide ... might that be the beast?

If so I'll scan a copy for you.

KRH
31st January 2008, 05:23 PM
I've got a manual for a Ryobi DT-330 dovetail jig ... a blue body, with an amber/brown phenolic guide ... might that be the beast?

That's the one (in hindsight, I should have included a photo). Thanks Ron, I would appreciate a scanned copy very much.

Regards

Ken

Ron Dunn
31st January 2008, 05:56 PM
I've got it scanned already ... send me a private message with your eMail address and you'll have it within minutes.

Bychen
15th December 2008, 10:11 AM

I'm also missing the manual...
This is my type...
http://195.149.144.149/images/27/2716746489.jpg

A scanned copy would be really appreciated.:2tsup:

Cruiserman92
27th December 2008, 08:19 PM
I has one of these replaced it with a leigh. It needed a particular bit to work properly IIRC a Ryobi bit HSS not TCT and believe it or not with a 12mm shank. I drilled a 12mm hole down a piece of 1/2 inch brass to make a collet. I may still have both the bit and the "collet" for it if it is any use to anyone.

Ron Dunn
27th December 2008, 08:26 PM
Bychen, I did not get your eMail address. Please send it by private message and I'll send you a copy of the manual.

Cruiserman, it isn't the best jig in the world, but I used standard Carbatec (sp?) dovetail bits and it worked just fine. You just have to raise or lower the bit to compensate for the different angle.

... that said, I'm sure your Leigh is far better ... if you ever feel nostalgic I'll be pleased to swap :)

PHILLIPUS
15th March 2010, 12:39 AM
Hello Ron, I am new on the forum. I also need a copy of the manual for the Ryobi DT-330 jig, may I also get into the line? [email protected]

munruben
15th March 2010, 02:52 PM
This is a pretty old thread so you may be better off sending a PM to Ron Dunn

Peter1950
14th July 2011, 09:31 PM

Hello Ron,

knowing that your posting is quite old, i still like to ask you, whether its possilble to get a copy of the manual too. I have bought the jig some time ago and don't really know how to handle it.

Thanks
Peter Ascher from Germany

Richard.
25th November 2011, 11:30 PM
Hi Peter.

I just spotted this thread and your request so I joined the forum specifically to help you.

I'm just preparing a Ryobi DT-330 for e-bay, I have the handbook so I can scan any stuff you need or the whole booklet. On the basis you may not respond within ten days the jig will be on e-bay i'll scan and try to find a way of saving the scan.

Maybe someone can help me, this jig is complete with two original cutters, one for each guide plate and the router guides for the machine I used a few years back. Big-mother 2000 watt router, RE 2000 ?

What is this worth as a second hand buy. All in good condition, nothing broken and nothing missing and I'm not scamming this forum to sell it.

Otherwise, hello and I'll be waiting for Peter to mail me.

Regards
Richard

Richard.
26th November 2011, 12:40 AM
OK, I'm thinking straight now.

If any of you forum regulars wants to receive these scan documents and to store them for anyone else's need. I think this jig goes under a number of different names.

Just started reading your forum stuff, you guys really do say G-day, yes ?

And some other interesting stuff like sheds.

Let me know if you want these .jpg files.

zacsmith
15th February 2012, 04:22 PM
OK, I'm thinking straight now.

If any of you forum regulars wants to receive these scan documents and to store them for anyone else's need. I think this jig goes under a number of different names.

Just started reading your forum stuff, you guys really do say G-day, yes ?

And some other interesting stuff like sheds.

Let me know if you want these .jpg files.

Could you please send me a copy? THANKS!

mbarnett
27th February 2012, 09:50 AM
Hi Richard,

Did you manage to send through the manual because I need one as well. I have one but it's in Japanese, and since my Japanese is a little rusty, it would be great to have one in English.

Cheers, mbarnett

Havinfun
26th April 2012, 03:03 PM
Realize this is a bit old now but would love to join the line for a copy of that manual

The Bleeder
26th April 2012, 03:50 PM
Havinfun,

Welcome to the forum.

Is you dovetail jig one of these

H0983 Dovetail Jig w/ Aluminum Template (http://www.grizzly.com/products/Dovetail-Jig-w-Aluminum-Template/H0983)

You can download the manual form this site.

pedro1945
19th June 2012, 04:08 PM
[Realize this is a bit old now but would love to join the line for a copy of that manual[/

Ihave just joined also and also require a copy of that Manual for the Ryobi Dovetail Kit 330.
I am in Bendigo Australia

Thank you [email protected]

The Bleeder
19th June 2012, 10:39 PM
Click on the link and it will take you to the Grizzly site for the jig. Then just download the manual from there.

Jack Joubert
1st May 2018, 06:38 PM
Hi Ron
I am a new member to the forum. Could you kindly make a copy of the Ryobi DT 330 dovetail jig available to me? my e mail is [email protected].
Jack Joubert

RonaldR
4th May 2018, 04:20 PM
Have a look in the USA & Europe Ryobi websites as more chance of it being available for download than with Australian Website as Ryobi distribution in Australia is owned by West Farmers (Bunnings ) and they are not big on long-term after-sales service.

Taffy
16th September 2020, 04:29 PM
Hi,
I have scoured the net looking for the manual and to no avail,
If you could send me a copy also ,or perhaps put it on the forum to be downloaded I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks anyway
Taffy

poundy
16th September 2020, 05:04 PM
looks like the grizzly site moved the link/changed the code. If it's the same as this new one (https://www.grizzly.com/products/Woodstock-Dovetail-Jig-w-Aluminum-Template/D2796), then that has a download link.

verawood
16th September 2020, 09:43 PM

Some say the same as or very much like the D2796.
I hope the attachment loads. :U

Treecycle
17th September 2020, 09:34 AM
I found that Woodstock manual some time ago and I think it is the best one around. It gives good instruction and pictures on how to set it up and use.

Taffy
20th September 2020, 03:30 PM
[Thanks for trying guys, the links are not the same
Model, The problem I have is that this machine does not have any stops like other machines. (do I make my own)?
I have tried US and EU/UK sites for manuals but no good also have tried mister Google also no good.
Unless I can get a copy from somewhere I may just have to bin it.

Thanks again
Taffy

Some say the same as or very much like the D2796.
I hope the attachment loads. :U[/QUOTE]

Treecycle
20th September 2020, 05:31 PM
But that's the manual that verawood linked to, D2796

david.elliott
20th September 2020, 05:43 PM
AFAIK all these DT Jigs are copies of an old 50s/60s Stanley version.

I have not seen the Ryobi BUT I imagine its the same...

Timbecon have one branded Baladonia. I spent many wood shows assembling and demo-ing them.

Here's a video, and there are two more from Timbecon on YT

4 Steps to Perfect Dovetails with the 12" Dovetail Jig - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOPwidSk7Dg)