PDA

View Full Version : My laker

fxst
30th January 2008, 05:34 PM
well I have made a start but need to wait for another sheet of ply (thought I had 3 :oo:) So having cut out most of it I figured I would coat some of them with poxy while I wait. At least its a start who knows when it will end:D
Pete

bitingmidge
30th January 2008, 08:07 PM
You know Pete,

A little white lace doiley would look fantastic on that red (ish) tablecloth.

P
:D:D:D

abitfishy
30th January 2008, 08:10 PM
Gee thats nice looking ply. What sort is it? It sure doesn't look like Bunnings cr*p. :oo:

fxst
31st January 2008, 12:25 AM
You know Pete,

A little white lace doiley would look fantastic on that red (ish) tablecloth.

P
:D:D:D
Cheeky sod
orangish actually. (Builders plastic) but yep a white doily would be a nice accoutrement :q
Pete

fxst
31st January 2008, 12:27 AM
Gee thats nice looking ply. What sort is it? It sure doesn't look like Bunnings cr*p. :oo:

yep you're right (no bunnies up here) Its gaboon ply.
Due to not having a fine enough jigsaw blade I cut all the bits out(other than cockpit combing, done on scrollsaw:D) with my japanese handsaw cut smooth and easy :2tsup:
Pete

CapricornCoast
12th April 2009, 06:34 PM
So how is the Laker progressing????????????

labr@
12th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Pete, you need to get it done - it's a great boat.
I've just had my Laker in the water for the first time today and although there are still a few bits and pieces to finish off it's practically done. It's light, tracks well and is stable - although stability rating is very subjective.

Where in SA are you? "Outer reaches" is a bit vague, but I presume there is some water nearby?

CapricornCoast
13th April 2009, 07:52 PM
How about psoting some photos Bob. Might be just the thing to help Pete along. I would love to see them as well. I short video on YouTube might be worth a giggle. Phil

hairymick
13th April 2009, 09:49 PM
G'day Pete,

Mate, You really need to finish this boat. They are brilliant little kayaks and well worth the effort. I bloody LOVE my Laker.:D