PDA

View Full Version : Queensize...bed started today

kekemo
17th February 2008, 12:36 AM
Hi...just wanted to show the ladies....I started this queensized bed today...should be finished it tomorrow...its' looking BLOODY FANTASTIC....

My newest...discovery...SHALAC....absolutely love the stuff...with a passion...

Well OK...yep I know its not new...lol been around for ages....but I've been looking for this finish...for a long time...smooth feel...application is a dream....colour is unbelievable...so sad...my Ed isn't alive to have experienced the finish...this gives...he would have been stoked....

Now...I'm on full steam ahead...

Cut all the pieces today...sanded for a few hours...then went and made my hinges....
This is the first bed that I have done with-out ED....but now know it wont be the last...
I decided to make the hinges as the ones you buy now are just not good enough....so using coach bolts...will photograph...the next stages tomorrow...oh...the 10 end inserts are 95x19x700 recycled pine from South africa, interesting very similar but feels fury to touch, than our pine... end & base supports 35x140...with cross supports..35x70 looking peeky hey...
More tomorrow...ladies...keep posting....we'll get lost in here if we don't keep a ripple on the water....!!!!
Would especially like to have PM's from West Aussie...ladies...trying to get BBQ organized....

Cheers everyone....
Kekemo

flynnsart
18th February 2008, 09:21 PM
Boy you sure dont muck around do you!!!!? Waiting for the next instalment:)

Donna

kekemo
20th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry, still not completed...can't get everything I need done in one day....:rolleyes:

Work...cuts into my precious time....then I have to wait for the glue to dry...:(( also takes me a little more time than I like to on getting it all prepared to glue, as I'm now doing it solo...

I have to plan it so everything fits together properly and I can assure you clamping & glue...this one was no picinic...:doh:

Anyone know any woodworks who want a free feed....in return for good shed-time on other side of clamps....LOL....Oh...that's right you can eat then run.....good god....how could I let anyone into my shed....hey after having ..... "your domain" all to your self....now..... I know why these grumpy old buggers won't share.....LOL.....I understand....LOL...mind you I better not admit to that too much! Next thing I will be starting to agree to some of those shed rules....lol......NEVER>>>>> just kidding...

Hi to everyone....some more posts in this corner would be really nice....getting sick of having no excuses to come-up from shed ....make a coffee & emial back.....help....help..... help...give me some reason to come in and corrospond!

Tomorrow should she it together....hope to deliver it Friday
Cheers....KEKEMO:2tsup:

kekemo
4th March 2008, 05:15 PM
Well....what a gorgeous piece of work.....sorry guys...I'm actually talking about my woodwork here!

I was so thrilled ...so much so I just sat down and cried...NO...it was just that now I don't have anyone to share my woodworking accomplishments with...Ed was always so proud & supportive...but I finished the largest piece of woodwork & no-one here that understood how I felt....no-one to show it too.....Yep...I just howled....I really felt alone & sad... that I couldn't share my joy of woodwork with anyone....

I've had such a shocking week...but others wouldn't think so...I managed to take my gas fridge out the caravan....& replace it with a brand new electric one....for $150..I did it all....had to cut one section of timber...about 10cm...then lower the fridge...but reversing the brackets underneath ....this lifted the compresser about 2.5 cm and cut adjustment legs down by 1cm...and hey...the fridge fitted fantasticly...so yes another little cry...I seem to be coping...but its having to do it alone that hurts...I just miss him so much....

Anyway enough of the tears....let me know what you think of this....

Don't think this section should be called "Whispering" we need to shout....no one comes in here looking or posting....whats up with everyone...Oppps too many sissy's like me...crying all the time....

Anyway just thought you might like to see the finished piece....
KEKEMO:p

flynnsart
4th March 2008, 07:33 PM
It all looks wonderful, you did a lovely job on the bed. And HEY :D WE ARE ALL HERE TO SHARE YOUR SUCCESS WITH!!!!:2tsup: Not everyone replies, but lots look, too big a forum to answer all posts that move you.

Not posting a lot on this part of the forum at the moment, been over doing work on our house, slowly, hammering 4" nails into secondhand hardwood even when predrilled is rather tiring on the arms, so not much energy left to be creative. Have made some little "no service required" signs to hang on the doors at work (motel), and today cut out and got a mirror frame ready for my first carving. Will post pics if I dont bugger it up:doh:

So what are you up to next?

Donna

Incoming!
5th March 2008, 02:35 PM
Lovely job Kekemo, and no you weren't forgotten. I've been checking in regularly, waiting to see the finished pics, and wondering what you were up to. Congrats!!!!

lubbing5cherubs
12th March 2008, 10:57 PM
beautifully done. you should be proud of that one
Toni

redheeler
17th March 2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for sharing that Kekemo. Brilliant work. Go Girl!:2tsup:

Redheeler