PDA

View Full Version : Help - I need a manual for Dynalink Lathe

Robynb
22nd February 2008, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone. The other day I was given a dynalink lathe, model 190-93-01000. I have only spent about 10 minutes on a lathe previously, so this is completely unchartered territory. So please excuse my ignorance and be gentle with me. I am going to do an 8 hour course with Carbatec before I do anything much more than look at it.

However, I need a manual. I've had a quick look, and the first thing I need is a new belt - it's frayed and looks like it won't last long. How do I take it off (and put on the new one?) I hope that the course will teach me how to do basic such basic maintenance and setup, but there will be lots of things about this old machine that won't be applicable to the (probably) newer and better machines at the course.

Does anyone have a manual for this machine - or for a clone if there are any - The GMC ML1000 looks very similar, but there is no manual for this on the GMC web site.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd February 2008, 10:41 PM
Y'know, I've never even taken the cover off mine to take a look? I'd always assumed 'twas a direct drive... live & learn! :U

Mind you, I only used mine for about half an hour before putting it aside as the basis for making into a disc linisher. (Yet another unfinished project. :roll:) If I remember I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes, but don't hold your breath over it. :no: My memory is growing... umm... what's that word? Come to that, what was I saying? :doh:

Robynb
22nd February 2008, 10:45 PM
If you've never taken the cover off, how did you change speeds - or didn't you?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd February 2008, 10:59 PM
I didn't.

I already have several lathes here and the Dynalink was an orphan that followed me home.

joe greiner
23rd February 2008, 01:59 AM
Google is your friend. One of these blokes might be able to help (but probably not the OP):
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=276

This seems a fairly comprehensive write-up on the GMC:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/gmcml1000.htm

The GMC looks almost identical to the Harbor Freight 38515. Go to http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38515 About midway on the page, Boink "Download Product Manual."

Joe

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th February 2008, 02:22 AM
Sorry, forgot all about it until I saw mention in another post. :doh::B

Am heading off on-site first thing in the morning, but I'll be back Wednesday so I'll have a look then. (Assuming I remember...)

Robynb
24th February 2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks Jo and Skew. I've printed out the manual for the Harbor Freight 38515 - I think this will do the trick. Thanks again.

soundman
24th February 2008, 10:08 PM
Mate it doesnt matter which end you attch the chain to.....it'll sink just as fast:D:D:D:D

cheers

joe greiner
25th February 2008, 01:38 AM
Just to clarify: The Harbor Freight lathe manual most likely has overprint or inserts for Murrican electricity, 60Hz & 110 volts, and possibly a different switch structure. Oz usage won't apply to that aspect, nor to the speeds because of different frequencies.

Joe