PDA

View Full Version : An idea!

funkychicken
28th February 2008, 10:33 PM
My idea is for something called "Hire a Woody".

So if someone in Emerald needed several really nice egg holders for a crystal ball collection, they would call Hire a Woody and they would contact some bloke with a Stubby and say, "Would you be interested in making this". The bloke says, "Of Course I am!"
Hire a woody calls the person bakc and says, "We have someone in your area who's interested, you can view some of his work on our site if you'd like".
Person says, "That's fine, I'm sure you've chosen one of the best around."
Person sends the Bloke specifications. Bloke makes them. Person receives them. Bloke gets paid.

Whaddya think?
If this could even become a reality I don't think I'd be the one co-ordinating it.

The young and full of ideas,
Funky C

OGYT
29th February 2008, 01:00 PM
I think it's a good idea, but I can't travel that far with my Little Vic. :D
Really does sound like a good idea!

HappyHammer
29th February 2008, 01:32 PM
I like it a lot FC, excellent idea.:2tsup: Don't forget your cut for being the middleman. Also as it is your idea I think you should be the one to take it forward. There are plenty of people on here who can help with advice to set it up.

HH.

artme
29th February 2008, 01:41 PM
Good one FC! We'll talk about it next week.:):)

Hardenfast
29th February 2008, 05:07 PM
Sounds good, FC. Doesn't "woody" have some different connotations in different places though? Especially in the USA? Or is that all part of the appeal? Like the builder guy around here who advertises his "Quality Erections"?

Still, you have "Hire a Hubby" etc. Why not?

funkychicken
29th February 2008, 08:06 PM
Wow I hadn't expected people to respond so positively:2tsup:

I wouldn't want to take a big cut for being the middle man. I reckon the Turner who put work into the piece should get more than the lions share

Who reckons this could actually be a viable business venture?