PDA

View Full Version : HELP Bullants

MICKYG
11th March 2008, 04:19 PM
Does any one know how to eradicate bulldog ant nests, red bulldogs in one area and black
bulldogs in another. They are quite aggressive, about 33 to 40 mm long with yellow nippers and quite a sting in the tail.

I know a sting from one of these is excruciatingly painful from my younger days.

Regards Mike:no:

echnidna
11th March 2008, 06:17 PM
pour a bit of diesel down their nest hole

Calm
11th March 2008, 07:23 PM
then th:Drow down a match:D:D:D:D

bitingmidge
11th March 2008, 09:12 PM
We don't have any round here, the midges got them all!

P
:p

bsrlee
12th March 2008, 02:10 AM
You could look in the supermarket or gardening store for stuff called 'Ant Sand' - just sprinkle the stuff all over/around the nest. I have a box branded 'Hortico', another one (used to be?) 'Atomic' brand. Seems to work with most ants.

Munga
12th March 2008, 06:20 AM
Dursban or Lorsban spray the nests and squirt some down the holes it is very affective.

david devine
31st January 2009, 05:14 PM
:2tsup:There use to be a product on the market called( mellow wash),it was used for fleas and lice.Wait until after dark when the ants are in the nest one cap full undiluted straight down the nest and your ants are gone.you may have to go to a livestock or rural store to find it

igatenby
31st January 2009, 07:26 PM
Give the poor buggers a sporting chance. Buy an air rifle and take them out one at a time.

malb
2nd February 2009, 07:54 PM
:2tsup:There use to be a product on the market called( mellow wash),it was used for fleas and lice.Wait until after dark when the ants are in the nest one cap full undiluted straight down the nest and your ants are gone.you may have to go to a livestock or rural store to find it

I think it was called Malliwash. Used to get it from the vet when we had dogs (before Revolution etc)

I agree with giving them a sprting chance, after chemicals and fuel and match failed on my last infestation, I cleared the area around the nest with the string on the brush cutter, concentrating on all the the openings. (Ants emerging have a .5% chance of not getting strung) then cutting out the nest with a pressure washer.

Woodwould
2nd February 2009, 11:21 PM
Again, ANFO.

HUON
3rd February 2009, 04:41 PM
If you think bullants are a problem, then yes, you do need help.

Buzza
6th February 2009, 07:40 PM
I poured Methylated Spirits down some ant holes. A few ants came out staggering in small curcles then died. The rest of the tribe never made it out, and the nest has been dormant ever since.

texx
8th February 2009, 04:59 PM
they are only little fellas , we trap them with dingo traps up here .
or you could use " strike out "
or anything with chlorpyrifos in it that is the best chemical for ants